|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the governess sad?
(a) Because Miles tells her that he hates her.
(b) Because the governess gets fired.
(c) Because the governess has lost Flora to Miss Jessel's interference.
(d) Because Flora likes Peter Quint better than the governess.
2. In Chapter 4, how does the governess view her charges?
(a) Cold and ugly.
(b) Cunning and manipulative.
(c) Malicious and evil.
(d) Beautiful and charming.
3. What does the governess do about her suspicions concerning the ghosts?
(a) Keep them to herself.
(b) Ask the children.
(c) Tell her employer.
(d) Write to her parents.
4. Who does the governess think is playing a joke on her in the form of the stranger she sees while taking her walk?
(b) Mrs. Grose.
(c) The staff at Bly.
5. Where does the governess search for Flora?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) At her uncle's house.
(c) At the lake.
(d) In the classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to meet Miles on the carriage when he returns to Bly from school?
2. What happens after the governess asks Flora about Miss Jessel?
3. What does the governess frequently argue with herself about?
4. What do the governess and Miles discuss on the way to Miles' room after she finds him standing on the lawn?
5. What does the governess expect as a result of skipping church?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)