|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does the governess view her charges?
(a) Cunning and manipulative.
(b) Cold and ugly.
(c) Beautiful and charming.
(d) Malicious and evil.
2. Who replaces the governess' predecessor immediately?
(b) Miss Jessel.
(c) Mrs. Grose.
(d) A nursemaid.
3. What does the governess say to Miles about the letter of expulsion in Chapter 4?
(a) Accuses him of stealing.
(c) Yells at him for being such a bad boy.
(d) Tells him he must choose a new school.
4. Who does the governess believe the stranger is?
(c) A trespasser.
(d) Peter Quint.
5. Who does the governess see through the dining room window in Chapter 4?
(a) The stranger.
(c) Her employer.
(d) Mrs. Grose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the governess describe the stranger to Mrs. Grose?
2. After hearing about Miles' expulsion, what does Mrs. Grose admit to the governess?
3. Who does the governess compare the stranger to?
4. In Chapter 5, who does the governess confide in about seeing the strange man?
5. What is the content of the letter the governess receives?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)