|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Grose's reaction upon the governess' return to Bly after the governess sees the stranger?
2. What does the governess hear outside her door on the first night?
(c) Soft footstep.
(d) Loud sobbing.
3. What is the content of the letter the governess receives?
(a) Miles' expulsion.
(b) Tells the governess she is fired.
(c) Offers a raise in pay.
(d) Marriage proposal.
4. In Chapter 4, how does the governess view her charges?
(a) Malicious and evil.
(b) Cunning and manipulative.
(c) Cold and ugly.
(d) Beautiful and charming.
5. What is the younger child's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Grose think about the governess' story about the stranger?
2. Who does the governess share a room with?
3. How does the governess first feel about her new position?
4. After hearing about Miles' expulsion, what does Mrs. Grose admit to the governess?
5. Who does the governess believe the stranger is?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)