|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why does Mrs. Grose say Miles is bad?
(c) Spent time with Peter Quint.
2. What does the governess frequently argue with herself about?
(a) Whether she really sees the ghosts.
(b) Whether she should mention the ghosts.
(c) Whether her employer loves her.
(d) Whether the children are evil.
3. What does seeing the children remind the governess of after she realizes that the children are aware of the ghosts?
(a) She and her brother as children.
(b) Their deceit.
(c) Their safety.
(d) Her job.
4. Who does Mrs. Grose claim to be referring to when she says "he" prefers them young and pretty?
(d) Peter Quint.
5. In Chapter 11, who does the governess confide in about Miles' and Flora's odd behavior?
(a) Mrs. Grose.
(d) Miss Jessel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason the school provides for Miles' expulsion?
2. What does Miss Jessel say to Mrs. Grose's concerns about Miles spending time with Peter Quint?
3. How does Mrs. Grose feel about the situation in Chapter 8?
4. What is the governess' primary goal in Chapter 8?
5. What do the governess and children avoid mentioning?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)