|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces the governess' predecessor immediately?
(a) A nursemaid.
(b) Miss Jessel.
(d) Mrs. Grose.
2. How does Mrs. Grose feel about the situation in Chapter 8?
(a) Believes the governess.
(b) Wants to tell the employer.
(c) Thinks the governess is a liar.
(d) Wants to beat the children.
3. What does Miss Jessel say to Mrs. Grose's concerns about Miles spending time with Peter Quint?
(a) Mind her business.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Will help her.
4. What does seeing the children remind the governess of after she realizes that the children are aware of the ghosts?
(a) Their deceit.
(b) She and her brother as children.
(c) Their safety.
(d) Her job.
5. In Chapter 8, why does Mrs. Grose say Miles is bad?
(a) Spent time with Peter Quint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the governess describe the stranger to Mrs. Grose?
2. Who does Mrs. Grose claim to be referring to when she says "he" prefers them young and pretty?
3. How does Mrs. Grose learn about the last governess' death?
4. Where is the governess' predecessor when she dies?
5. What is the content of the letter the governess receives?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)