|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else is included in the letter the governess receives?
(b) Letter from Miles' school.
(c) Engagement ring.
(d) A key.
2. In Chapter 8, why does Mrs. Grose say Miles is bad?
(a) Spent time with Peter Quint.
3. What does Miss Jessel say to Mrs. Grose's concerns about Miles spending time with Peter Quint?
(a) Mind her business.
(b) Will help her.
(c) Ran away.
4. Who does the governess compare the stranger to?
5. What does the governess talk to Mrs. Grose about in Chapter 11?
(a) The children's education.
(b) The events of the previous night.
(c) Peter Quint and Miss Jessel's relationship.
(d) Her love for the employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces the governess' predecessor immediately?
2. What is Miles' response to the governess' question about why he went outside?
3. Who does the governess tell about Miles' expulsion?
4. What is the governess certain of in Chapter 13?
5. How does the governess describe the stranger to Mrs. Grose?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)