|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Grose feel about the situation in Chapter 8?
(a) Believes the governess.
(b) Thinks the governess is a liar.
(c) Wants to tell the employer.
(d) Wants to beat the children.
2. What does the governess do about her suspicions concerning the ghosts?
(a) Keep them to herself.
(b) Ask the children.
(c) Write to her parents.
(d) Tell her employer.
3. What are Miles and Flora doing while the governess and Mrs. Grose talk in Chapter 11?
(a) Hiding in the bushes.
(b) Walking the grounds as Miles reads to Flora.
(c) Crying because they miss their parents.
(d) Listening to the governess' conversation.
4. Who sends the governess a letter?
5. Why does the governess feel that Miles has her trapped in Chapter 11?
(a) She cannot quit her job.
(b) She cannot be the first to mention the ghosts.
(c) She cannot get away from Bly.
(d) She cannot speak to the employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, why does Mrs. Grose say Miles is bad?
2. What is the governess' primary goal in Chapter 8?
3. What do the governess and children avoid mentioning?
4. Who does the governess tell about Miles' expulsion?
5. When the governess describes the stranger, who does Mrs. Grose believe him to be?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)