1. In the introduction, what time of year is it when the group, which includes Douglas and the unnamed narrator, initially gather?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Narrator's Birthday.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Christmas Day.
2. Who offers to tell a scary story about two children?
(c) Mrs. Grose.
3. How does the narrator transcribe the story?
(a) From his notes from interviewing the governess.
(b) From the original manuscript left to him upon Douglas' death.
(c) From his photographic memory.
(d) From the recording he taped the day he heard the story.
4. Who writes the original story?
(b) Douglas' sister.
(d) The governess.
5. How many days does it take for Douglas to receive the manuscript of the tale that he tells at the gathering in the introduction?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 day.
6. On what street does the governess meet her employer when she first obtains her position at Bly?
(a) Harley Street.
(b) Johnson Avenue.
(c) Harrison Circle.
(d) Davidson Court.
This section contains 4,870 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)