|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rod's school?
(a) Paul Revere High School.
(b) Ramsbotham University.
(c) Patrick Henry High School.
(d) Teller University.
2. What item does Deacon Matson assure Rod he can leave behind, because he will not need it for the final exam?
(a) His snow suit.
(b) His vacuum suit.
(c) His canteen.
(d) His gun.
3. Why does Deacon Matson flunk four students before the exam begins?
(a) They had missed too many days of class.
(b) They arrived with vacuum suits.
(c) They planned to cheat.
(d) They tried to bribe him for a passing grade.
4. Why does Rod's friend consider dropping out of the survival course?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) His family has financial difficulties.
(c) He plans to change schools.
(d) He has the flu.
5. Where is Rod's family home?
(a) A suburb on the Grand Canyon.
(b) A suburb on Luna.
(c) A neighborhood in the Outlands.
(d) A neighborhood in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two people arrive near the end of Chapter 7, joining the original three in their new settlement?
2. What does Dr. Ramsbotham's invention allow people to do?
3. What unit of currency does Rod spend while watching the travelers at Emigrants' Gap?
4. What rare treat does Jack share with Rod during their first meal together?
5. On the unknown planet, from which direction does the sun rise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange sound prevents Rod from sleeping comfortably during his first night on the unknown planet?
2. Rod's refusal to let go of misguided theories reveals what about his character?
3. Where does Rod believe he and the other students have been abandoned?
4. What hunting technique do Rod and Jack develop together?
5. What unusual phenomenon do Jack and Rod see in the sky at the end of Chapter 5, in addition to the pentagonal constellation?
6. What advice does Deacon Matson give Rod, regarding the final exam?
7. Describe the "marching hordes" seen by Rod in Emigrants' Gap.
8. What unusual decision have Rod's parents made, and why?
9. How does Rod first encounter a student worthy of partnership?
10. Who does the "dead" student in the tree turn out to be?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)