|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rod's only friend in the survival class?
(a) John Matson.
(b) Jimmy Throxton.
(c) Caroline Mshiyeni.
(d) Bob Baxter.
2. Why do Rod, Jack, and Jimmy alter the placement of their original signal fire in Chapter 7?
(a) The fire keeps getting extinguished by the river.
(b) The fire is too far away to tend properly.
(c) Jack trips and burns herself while entering the shelter.
(d) Smoke is coming inside their cave.
3. Where does Rod's new friend, Jack, live?
(a) In the brush.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In an underground burrow.
(d) In a tree.
4. How many moons does the unknown planet have, according to Jack?
5. Rod's friend jokes that their survival instructor would eat what, without salt?
(a) His own grandmother.
(b) Another human being.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A snow ape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Deacon Matson flunk four students before the exam begins?
2. Why does Helen advise Rod not to carry a gun during his survival test?
3. In Chapter 1, how does Rod describe his classmate, Caroline?
4. When Rod is frightened by noises during his first night on the unknown planet, what does he try to do?
5. How much meat does Jack want to take, when the two are ready to part ways?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rod believe he and the other students have been abandoned?
2. Who does the "dead" student in the tree turn out to be?
3. Where does Rod decide to sleep during his first night on an unknown planet, and what unforeseen difficulty does he experience?
4. What shocking secret does Jimmy reveal to Rod, regarding Jack?
5. Who does Rod finally agree to partner with, before traveling through the gate to an unknown planet?
6. What grisly sight does Rod encounter, shortly after arriving alone on an unknown planet?
7. What hunting technique do Rod and Jack develop together?
8. Rod's refusal to let go of misguided theories reveals what about his character?
9. Describe the "marching hordes" seen by Rod in Emigrants' Gap.
10. What advice does Deacon Matson give Rod, regarding the final exam?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)