|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rod pins down the boy who butchered the animal he was hunting, what does he ask the boy to do?
(a) Cry pax.
(b) Surrender his knife.
(c) Surrender his gun.
(d) Cry wolf.
2. In Chapter 45 what planet does Rod believe he and Jack are living on?
(a) A new Outlands planet.
3. Who do Rod and Jack discover in a tree in Chapter 6?
4. How does Rod travel from school to home?
(a) Via tunnels that allow for almost instantaneous transport.
(b) Via rocket ship.
(c) Via intercontinental subway.
(d) Via underwater shuttle.
5. Where is Rod's family home?
(a) A suburb on Luna.
(b) A neighborhood in New York.
(c) A suburb on the Grand Canyon.
(d) A neighborhood in the Outlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student chooses number two in the drawing, for entering the gate to the unknown planet?
2. One of the two new arrivals at the end of Chapter 7 has what injury?
3. How do Rod and Jack break the fever of the person they discovered in a tree in Chapter 6?
4. What hunting technique do Rod and Jack develop in Chapter 7?
5. What is the religion of the Walker family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the invention of Dr. Jesse Evelyn Ramsbotham, as compared with the item he intended to invent.
2. Where has Rod's new partner, Jack, been sleeping?
3. Rod's refusal to let go of misguided theories reveals what about his character?
4. At the end of Chapter 7, who joins Rod, Jack, and Jimmy in their cave settlement?
5. What career field does Rod wish to pursue?
6. Why do Rod, Jack, and Jimmy decide to signal other students to join their group?
7. Which students does Rod consider taking as a partner for his final exam, and why does he ultimately reject each?
8. What unusual phenomenon do Jack and Rod see in the sky at the end of Chapter 5, in addition to the pentagonal constellation?
9. What advice does Deacon Matson give Rod, regarding the final exam?
10. How does Rod first encounter a student worthy of partnership?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)