|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new signal do Rod, Jack, and Jimmy create in Chapter 7 when they move their signal fire?
(a) A signal flag made from Jack's shirt.
(b) A signal flag made from Jack's pants.
(c) A signal flag made from Rod's shorts.
(d) A signal flag made from Jimmy's shirt.
2. In Chapter 2, what sort of lamp does Mr. Walker light before dinner?
(a) Asian sconces.
(b) A Peace Lamp.
(c) A lunar reflector.
(d) A plutonium lantern.
3. Why has Rod's father made such an unusual decision, as described in Chapter 2?
(a) Rod's mother is dying, and he hopes a cure will be found while she is frozen.
(b) Rod's father is bankrupt, and he hopes his finances will improve while he is frozen.
(c) Rod's father is dying, and he hopes a cure will be found while he is frozen.
(d) Rod's father believes that being frozen is a vital religious ritual.
4. After finishing school, Rod hopes to travel where?
(a) The Heavenly Mountains.
(b) The Australasian Republic.
(d) The Outlands.
5. Before Rod leaves for his exam, Helen reminds him that more people have died from what than from bleeding to death?
(b) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Rod Walker's family home, as compared with newer homes in the area?
2. Who is the instructor for Rod's survival course?
3. What item does Deacon Matson assure Rod he can leave behind, because he will not need it for the final exam?
4. In Chapter 2, Rod's sister Helen has come home from where?
5. How does the air pressure of the Grand Canyon plateau compare with that of New Jersey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rod decide to sleep during his first night on an unknown planet, and what unforeseen difficulty does he experience?
2. Why do Rod, Jack, and Jimmy decide to signal other students to join their group?
3. Why is Chapter 6 titled, "I Think He's Dead?"
4. Which students does Rod consider taking as a partner for his final exam, and why does he ultimately reject each?
5. What career field does Rod wish to pursue?
6. What shocking secret does Jimmy reveal to Rod, regarding Jack?
7. What hunting technique do Rod and Jack develop together?
8. At the end of Chapter 7, who joins Rod, Jack, and Jimmy in their cave settlement?
9. Where has Rod's new partner, Jack, been sleeping?
10. Describe the invention of Dr. Jesse Evelyn Ramsbotham, as compared with the item he intended to invent.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)