|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of gun does Rod obtain from the school armorer, prior to leaving Earth for his final exam?
(a) A Thunderbolt.
(c) A needle gun with poison pellets.
(d) A Pluton Flare.
2. What is the religion of the Walker family?
(b) Evangelical Monist.
(d) New Baptist.
3. What two people arrive near the end of Chapter 7, joining the original three in their new settlement?
(a) Johann and Carmen.
(b) Bob and Carmen.
(c) Johann and Caroline.
(d) Bob and Caroline.
4. Students are advised to watch out for what, while visiting the unknown planet?
5. One of the two new arrivals at the end of Chapter 7 has what injury?
(a) A minor concussion.
(b) A wounded arm and a fever.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A sprained ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Rod's instructor, is the most dangerous animal known?
2. What was Dr. Ramsbotham trying to invent when he made his greatest discovery?
3. Who do Rod and Jack discover in a tree in Chapter 6?
4. What is Helen's nickname for Rod?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, Rod jokes that Jack is jealous of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual phenomenon do Jack and Rod see in the sky at the end of Chapter 5, in addition to the pentagonal constellation?
2. What grisly sight does Rod encounter, shortly after arriving alone on an unknown planet?
3. Describe the invention of Dr. Jesse Evelyn Ramsbotham, as compared with the item he intended to invent.
4. What shocking secret does Jimmy reveal to Rod, regarding Jack?
5. Rod's refusal to let go of misguided theories reveals what about his character?
6. What unusual decision have Rod's parents made, and why?
7. Why is Chapter 6 titled, "I Think He's Dead?"
8. What major setback does Rod suffer at the conclusion of Chapter 3?
9. What advice does Deacon Matson give Rod, regarding the final exam?
10. List several ways in which the futuristic Earth of "Tunnel in the Sky" differs from our present-day planet.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)