|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy give to Bob and Carmen as a wedding present?
(a) A water skin.
(b) A deck of cards.
(c) A stew pan.
(d) Two needles and some thread.
2. Who protests and tries to turn down the job when nominated to be the group's first mayor in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 15, what personal news does Deacon Matson reveal to Rod?
(a) He has married Rod's sister, Helen.
(b) He has decided to settle in Cowpertown.
(c) Rod has earned an honorary degree.
(d) He plans to abolish Ramsbotham Gates.
4. During his campaign speech in Chapter 8, what does Grant state is the most important invention of mankind?
(a) Ramsbotham Gates.
(d) The wheel.
5. What happens to Grant near the end of Chapter 13?
(a) He is killed by lion-like creatures.
(b) He is struck by a poison dart.
(c) He is banished from the settlement.
(d) He is killed by dopey joes.
6. During their expedition in Chapter 11, when Roy wishes for a torch light what does Rod wish for?
(a) Three cheerleaders and a convertible.
(b) A bowl of cornflakes.
(c) Eight beautiful dancing girls and a Cadillac copter.
(d) A chocolate shake, followed by a strawberry shake.
7. Who nominates Caroline to be the group's first mayor in Chapter 8?
8. The title of Chapter 12 is a quote from which character?
9. Why, according to Caroline in Chapter 12, can't Bob and Carmen move to a new settlement site anytime soon?
(a) They have established a Quaker church.
(b) Bob has a broken leg.
(c) Carmen has recently given birth.
(d) Carmen is pregnant.
10. How does Mick sustain his injury in Chapter 13?
(a) He is beaten by another student.
(b) He falls out of a tree.
(c) He is attacked by a lion-like creature.
(d) He is attacked by a dopey joe.
11. Before delivering a marriage certificate to Bob and Carmen, Caroline decorates it with what?
(a) Flowers and butterflies.
(b) Flowers and turtle doves.
(c) Cherubs and hearts.
(d) Butterflies and dragonflies.
12. In Chapter 13, when Rod refuses to resume his duties as city manager, who is appointed?
13. What committee is Jack appointed to under Grant's new government?
(a) Constitution, codification, and organization.
(c) Waste disposal and camp sanitation.
(d) Food preparation.
14. In Chapter 8, who is the first person elected to be group leader?
15. In Chapter 9, the new mayor requisitions the rocks that were to be used for a protective wall, to build what instead?
(a) A fire pit.
(b) An animal trap.
(c) A house for Carmen and Bob.
(d) An administrative building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rod become angry during his first hunting expedition with a partner other than Jack?
2. In Chapter 8 Arthur Nielson proposes that the group's new leader should be chosen by what principle, rather than by popular vote?
3. What unusual sight do Rod and his companions see on Cliff's farm, in Chapter 15?
4. During the discussion in Chapter 14, why does one person want to return to Terra, should the opportunity arise?
5. What object signifies a vote for Arthur?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)