|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is selected to lead the group meeting in Chapter 8, during which a leader will be elected?
2. What object signifies a vote for Arthur?
(a) A pebble.
(b) A twig.
(c) A green leaf.
(d) A piece of baked clay.
3. Who explains to Rob why the students were not picked up at the scheduled end of their final exam?
(a) A dopey joe.
(c) Deacon Matson.
(d) A media crew.
4. In Chapter 8, who is the first person elected to be group leader?
5. In Chapter 13, when Rod refuses to resume his duties as city manager, who is appointed?
6. During their expedition in Chapter 11, when Roy wishes for a torch light what does Rod wish for?
(a) Three cheerleaders and a convertible.
(b) Eight beautiful dancing girls and a Cadillac copter.
(c) A bowl of cornflakes.
(d) A chocolate shake, followed by a strawberry shake.
7. Why does Rod banish Jock and his friends from camp?
(a) Jock and his friends steal food from the camp.
(b) Jock and his friends steal weapons from the other students.
(c) Jock refuses Rod's request to help build a wall, and a fight ensues.
(d) Jock and his friends request an election be held to try to remove Rod from his leadership position.
8. Why, according to Caroline in Chapter 12, can't Bob and Carmen move to a new settlement site anytime soon?
(a) They have established a Quaker church.
(b) Bob has a broken leg.
(c) Carmen has recently given birth.
(d) Carmen is pregnant.
9. The title of Chapter 12 is a quote from which character?
10. In Chapter 10, what position does Grant ask Rod to assume after Rod insists that changes must be made?
(b) Chief of police.
(c) Assistant administrator.
11. As Chapter 14 opens, how old is Carmen and Bob's baby?
(a) One month.
(b) Sixteen months.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) Two years.
12. In Chapter 8, what is Grant's theory as to why Jock would not listen to Rod?
(a) Jock will not listen to anyone.
(b) Jock is older than Rod.
(c) Jock wants to be the group leader.
(d) Rod is not an elected official.
13. What committee is Jack appointed to under Grant's new government?
(b) Food preparation.
(c) Constitution, codification, and organization.
(d) Waste disposal and camp sanitation.
14. In Chapter 9, the new mayor requisitions the rocks that were to be used for a protective wall, to build what instead?
(a) A fire pit.
(b) An animal trap.
(c) A house for Carmen and Bob.
(d) An administrative building.
15. In Chapter 15, what personal news does Deacon Matson reveal to Rod?
(a) Rod has earned an honorary degree.
(b) He plans to abolish Ramsbotham Gates.
(c) He has decided to settle in Cowpertown.
(d) He has married Rod's sister, Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. As explained in Chapter 10, why does Rob believe one man should not stand alone on guard duty?
2. Under Grant's leadership, who is appointed as the historian of the group?
3. What is the new name given to the settlement, as mentioned early in Chapter 14?
4. Which resident of the colony is the first to become pregnant?
5. During the luau celebrating the return of Rod and Roy, what new utensil does Margery give Rod to use?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)