|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rod and Roy return from their expedition, what do they find in place of the partially constructed stone wall?
(a) A wooden fence with a gate.
(b) A bamboo barricade.
(c) A thornbush barricade.
(d) A fully constructed stone wall.
2. Who nominates Caroline to be the group's first mayor in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 12 why are many students, including Grant, less than enthusiastic about moving to the caves Rod and Roy have discovered?
(a) They have made many improvements to their current settlement.
(b) Other students found a better settlement upstream.
(c) Caves can be claustrophobic.
(d) They don't want to lose the magnificent view their settlement offers.
4. Under Grant's leadership, who is appointed as the historian of the group?
5. Which two students say goodbye to Rod, before they leave through the gate for Terra?
(a) Caroline and Roy.
(b) Bob and Carmen.
(c) Jimmy and Jack.
(d) Jimmy and Caroline.
6. What aspect of the students' newly formed government mirrors racism and discrimination in America?
(a) Grant appoints students of his ethnic background to the most important positions, shutting out the others.
(b) Grant denies younger students and females the right to vote.
(c) Grant appoints his college friends to the most important positions, shutting out the younger students.
(d) Grant appoints boys to the most important positions, shutting out the girls.
7. What nickname does Caroline have for Grant, as revealed in Chapter 11?
(d) Mayor II.
8. Who invents a method for hollowing out bamboo to make pipes?
(a) Arthur, known as Waxie.
(b) Jimmy, known as the Joker.
(c) Rod, known as Roddie.
(d) Grant, known as Hizzoner.
9. Why does Bob order Rod to avoid heavy work and sleep on his stomach, after Rod's argument with Jock in Chapter 8?
(a) He has been hit by a poison dart.
(b) He has been punched in the stomach.
(c) He has been knifed in the ribs.
(d) He has fallen off of a small ledge.
10. Who are the best man and maid of honor at the wedding of Bob and Carmen?
(a) Rod and Caroline.
(b) Rod and Jack.
(c) Grant and Jack.
(d) Jack and Caroline.
11. In Chapter 13, what catastrophic event is triggered by the strange new behavior of the dopey joes?
(a) Cave-ins where they dug too many burrows.
(b) A frantic migration.
(c) Destruction of trees.
(d) A water shortage.
12. In Chapter 13, what injury is suffered by Mick?
(a) A badly chewed foot.
(b) A concussion.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) Cracked ribs.
13. During his expedition with Rod in Chapter 11, why does Roy kill a dopey joe?
(a) It was hunting him.
(b) He needed a new water skin.
(c) It is his favorite meat on the new planet.
(d) He was bored.
14. Who does Jack decide to marry?
15. During an evening meeting in Chapter 10, who stands up and demands information regarding a constitution and bill of rights?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, after his return home, Rod's inability to adjust to normal life leads him to seek advice from whom?
2. Why does Rod initially turn down the position offered to him by Grant in Chapter 10?
3. Who arrives on the unknown planet along with Deacon Matson, to convince Rod to return home?
4. Who takes Jack's place on Rod's hunting team in Chapter 8 after Jack is injured?
5. During the wedding at the beginning of Chapter 11, what instrument does Caroline play?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)