|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, 'A Joyful Omen' and Chapter 10, 'I So Move'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before delivering a marriage certificate to Bob and Carmen, Caroline decorates it with what?
(a) Cherubs and hearts.
(b) Flowers and turtle doves.
(c) Flowers and butterflies.
(d) Butterflies and dragonflies.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Rod believe caused his fever?
(a) Three long, imperfectly healed scratches on his left arm.
(b) Two long, imperfectly healed scratches on his right arm.
(c) Four long, imperfectly healed scratches on his left arm.
(d) Three long, imperfectly healed scratches on his right arm.
3. Who do Rod and Jack discover in a tree in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 1, how does Rod describe his classmate, Caroline?
(a) A quiet girl, engaged to be married.
(b) A big Zulu girl.
(c) Dim-witted and unprepared.
(d) Too skittish to survive in unknown surroundings.
5. What revelation does Jimmy make at the end of Chapter 6 regarding Jack that shocks Rod?
(a) Jack stole Rod's knife.
(b) Jack is a girl.
(c) Jack is a college student.
(d) Jack is Jimmy's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the best man and maid of honor at the wedding of Bob and Carmen?
2. In Chapter 7, Jack asks Rod to abandon being logical in favor of being what?
3. What new signal do Rod, Jack, and Jimmy create in Chapter 7 when they move their signal fire?
4. What aspect of the students' newly formed government mirrors racism and discrimination in America?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, why does Rod believe he missed the recall signal to go to the exit gate?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)