|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, 'A Joyful Omen' and Chapter 10, 'I So Move'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rod banish Jock and his friends from camp?
(a) Jock and his friends steal weapons from the other students.
(b) Jock and his friends steal food from the camp.
(c) Jock and his friends request an election be held to try to remove Rod from his leadership position.
(d) Jock refuses Rod's request to help build a wall, and a fight ensues.
2. Who is Rod's only friend in the survival class?
(a) John Matson.
(b) Caroline Mshiyeni.
(c) Bob Baxter.
(d) Jimmy Throxton.
3. Why does Rod become angry during his first hunting expedition with a partner other than Jack?
(a) Rod's partner chases animals away, saving them from being killed by Rod.
(b) Rod's partner is too noisy, warning animals of their approach.
(c) Rod's partner complains too much and was lazy.
(d) Rod's partner kills without Rod's help, rather than driving the animal toward him.
4. Why does Rod arrive late for his final exam?
(a) He overslept.
(b) He considered dropping the class.
(c) His parents tried to prevent his departure.
(d) He had written down the time incorrectly.
5. How does Rod travel from school to home?
(a) Via rocket ship.
(b) Via tunnels that allow for almost instantaneous transport.
(c) Via underwater shuttle.
(d) Via intercontinental subway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Rod, Jack, and Jimmy alter the placement of their original signal fire in Chapter 7?
2. What is the name of Jack's personal knife?
3. What piece of equipment does Rod use to help him sleep securely during his first night on the unknown planet?
4. Rod is informed that the exit gate from his final exam will be where?
5. Before delivering a marriage certificate to Bob and Carmen, Caroline decorates it with what?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)