|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, 'I Think He's Dead' and Chapter 7, 'I Should Have Baked a Cake'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dr. Ramsbotham trying to invent when he made his greatest discovery?
(a) A transport tunnel.
(b) A time machine.
(c) A virtual travel viewer.
(d) A cure for cancer.
2. What does Jack use as an alarm, to warn of intruders in the shelter?
(a) Dry branches of thorn bush, draped across the entrance.
(b) Water at the entrance.
(c) A small fire at the entrance.
(d) Gravel in the entrance.
3. In Chapter 5, why does Jack disagree with Rod's opinion about what planet they are on?
(a) This planet is much larger than the planet Rod suggests.
(b) The animals on this planet are unlike those on Terra.
(c) The stars on this planet are unlike those seen from Earth.
(d) The plants on this planet would not survive on the planet Rod suggests.
4. Who is the instructor for Rod's survival course?
(a) Doctor Garcia.
(b) Deacon Baxter.
(c) Doctor Throxton.
(d) Deacon Matson.
5. Early in Chapter 4, Rod is no longer interested in the survival exam, but instead interested in what?
(a) Being with his family.
(b) Discovering stobor.
(d) Determining what planet he is on.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why do Rod, Jack, and Jimmy decide to start a signal fire?
2. What hunting technique do Rod and Jack develop in Chapter 7?
3. Why has Rod's father made such an unusual decision, as described in Chapter 2?
4. How do Rod and Jack break the fever of the person they discovered in a tree in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of Helen's knife?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)