|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, 'I Think He's Dead' and Chapter 7, 'I Should Have Baked a Cake'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Rod's father want Rod to leave for his final exam?
(a) He plans to have himself and Rod's mother frozen for twenty years.
(b) He plans to have himself and Rod's mother frozen for thirty years.
(c) He plans to have the whole Walker family frozen for twenty years.
(d) He plans to have himself frozen for thirty years.
2. What school does Jack, the student Rod encounters in Chapter 4 while hunting, attend?
(a) Paul Revere High School.
(b) Ponce de Leon Institute.
(c) Teller University.
(d) Patrick Henry High School.
3. What wondrous spectacle do Rod and Jack witness at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A nova.
(c) A black hole.
(d) A meteor shower.
4. What is Helen's nickname for Rod?
5. After Rod is hit over the head and robbed in Chapter 3, what items does he have left?
(a) His shorts and his sister's knife.
(b) His shorts, his knife, and field rations.
(c) His knife, his sister's knife, and a canteen.
(d) His shorts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Rod's sister Helen has come home from where?
2. What sort of outerwear does Rod plan to take with him, for the survival test?
3. Why doesn't Rod want to allow girls to join his and Jack's team?
4. What two people arrive near the end of Chapter 7, joining the original three in their new settlement?
5. Why does one of the new arrivals burst into tears when arriving at the shelter at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)