|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Savage and Chapter 5, The Nova.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rod pins down the boy who butchered the animal he was hunting, what does he ask the boy to do?
(a) Surrender his knife.
(b) Cry pax.
(c) Surrender his gun.
(d) Cry wolf.
2. What is the name of Rod's school?
(a) Patrick Henry High School.
(b) Teller University.
(c) Paul Revere High School.
(d) Ramsbotham University.
3. On the unknown planet, from which direction does the sun rise?
4. What does Dr. Ramsbotham's invention allow people to do?
(a) By stepping through a gate, people can travel through time.
(b) By using special viewers, people can experience virtual travel.
(c) By allowing themselves to be frozen, people can wait for terminal illnesses to be curable.
(d) By stepping through a gate, people can be transported hundreds or thousands of miles in seconds.
5. How does the air pressure of the Grand Canyon plateau compare with that of New Jersey?
(a) The air pressure of the Grand Canyon plateau is almost equal to that in New Jersey.
(b) The air pressure of the Grand Canyon plateau is less than three-quarters as heavy as that in New Jersey.
(c) The air pressure of the Grand Canyon plateau is almost twice as heavy as that in New Jersey.
(d) The air pressure of the Grand Canyon plateau is less than half as heavy as that in New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, why does Rod believe he missed the recall signal to go to the exit gate?
2. After Rod is hit over the head and robbed in Chapter 3, what items does he have left?
3. What piece of equipment does Rod use to help him sleep securely during his first night on the unknown planet?
4. What unit of currency does Rod spend while watching the travelers at Emigrants' Gap?
5. What school does Jack, the student Rod encounters in Chapter 4 while hunting, attend?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)