|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Savage and Chapter 5, The Nova.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Rod believe caused his fever?
(a) Four long, imperfectly healed scratches on his left arm.
(b) Three long, imperfectly healed scratches on his right arm.
(c) Three long, imperfectly healed scratches on his left arm.
(d) Two long, imperfectly healed scratches on his right arm.
2. In what condition is the first classmate Rod sees on the unknown planet?
(a) Dead, along with his dog.
(b) Dead, along with another student.
(c) Frightened, hiding in a tree.
(d) Wounded, along with his dog.
3. Why does Helen advise Rod not to carry a gun during his survival test?
(a) Rod could be disqualified if his gun were discovered by his instructor.
(b) Other students will gang up on him and steal it.
(c) Carrying a gun, he might forget that he is the hunted, not the hunter.
(d) Guns don't work in all atmospheres and gravitational fields.
4. What unit of currency does Rod spend while watching the travelers at Emigrants' Gap?
(a) Terra half-dollars.
(b) Luna dollars.
(c) Bedlovian coins.
(d) Half-pluton coins.
5. What is Helen's greatest wish, for which she would give up her career?
(a) A new career as a teacher.
(b) Six babies and a farm.
(c) Two babies and a picket fence.
(d) Travel to the Outlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rod's new friend, Jack, live?
2. What does Jack use as an alarm, to warn of intruders in the shelter?
3. What is Helen's nickname for Rod?
4. What is unusual about Rod Walker's family home, as compared with newer homes in the area?
5. What rare treat does Jack share with Rod during their first meal together?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)