|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Through the Tunnel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Deacon Matson flunk four students before the exam begins?
(a) They tried to bribe him for a passing grade.
(b) They arrived with vacuum suits.
(c) They had missed too many days of class.
(d) They planned to cheat.
2. In Chapter 1, how does Rod describe his classmate, Caroline?
(a) A big Zulu girl.
(b) Dim-witted and unprepared.
(c) Too skittish to survive in unknown surroundings.
(d) A quiet girl, engaged to be married.
3. After Rod is hit over the head and robbed in Chapter 3, what items does he have left?
(a) His shorts.
(b) His shorts, his knife, and field rations.
(c) His shorts and his sister's knife.
(d) His knife, his sister's knife, and a canteen.
4. Why does Rod arrive late for his final exam?
(a) He overslept.
(b) He considered dropping the class.
(c) His parents tried to prevent his departure.
(d) He had written down the time incorrectly.
5. What is the religion of the Walker family?
(a) Evangelical Monist.
(b) New Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Students are advised to watch out for what, while visiting the unknown planet?
2. Before Rod leaves for his exam, Helen reminds him that more people have died from what than from bleeding to death?
3. How does Rod travel from school to home?
4. What does Rod's sister call their father?
5. Why does Helen advise Rod not to carry a gun during his survival test?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)