|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, 'It Won't Work, Rod' and Chapter 13, Unkillable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first part of Chapter 11 different from the rest of the novel?
(a) It is written in first person, as Caroline's diary.
(b) It is written in third person, from Grant's point of view.
(c) It is written in third person, from Caroline's point of view.
(d) It is written in first person, from Jack's journal.
2. Why does Rod banish Jock and his friends from camp?
(a) Jock and his friends steal weapons from the other students.
(b) Jock and his friends steal food from the camp.
(c) Jock and his friends request an election be held to try to remove Rod from his leadership position.
(d) Jock refuses Rod's request to help build a wall, and a fight ensues.
3. Before delivering a marriage certificate to Bob and Carmen, Caroline decorates it with what?
(a) Flowers and butterflies.
(b) Cherubs and hearts.
(c) Butterflies and dragonflies.
(d) Flowers and turtle doves.
4. During his campaign speech in Chapter 8, what does Grant state is the most important invention of mankind?
(b) The wheel.
(d) Ramsbotham Gates.
5. What new signal do Rod, Jack, and Jimmy create in Chapter 7 when they move their signal fire?
(a) A signal flag made from Rod's shorts.
(b) A signal flag made from Jack's pants.
(c) A signal flag made from Jack's shirt.
(d) A signal flag made from Jimmy's shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many moons does the unknown planet have, according to Jack?
2. During the wedding at the beginning of Chapter 11, what instrument does Caroline play?
3. What is the name of Helen's knife?
4. In Chapter 2, Rod's sister Helen has come home from where?
5. Early in Chapter 4, Rod is no longer interested in the survival exam, but instead interested in what?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)