|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Beach of Bones.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why do Rod, Jack, and Jimmy decide to start a signal fire?
(a) To attract other survivors.
(b) To warn other survivors to stay away.
(c) To attract animals to kill.
(d) To frighten animals.
2. Why does Deacon Matson flunk four students before the exam begins?
(a) They planned to cheat.
(b) They tried to bribe him for a passing grade.
(c) They had missed too many days of class.
(d) They arrived with vacuum suits.
3. Why doesn't Rod want to allow girls to join his and Jack's team?
(a) Girls cry.
(b) It would lead to pairing off and separating.
(c) It would lead to jealousy and fighting.
(d) Girls are weaker.
4. How is the first part of Chapter 11 different from the rest of the novel?
(a) It is written in first person, from Jack's journal.
(b) It is written in first person, as Caroline's diary.
(c) It is written in third person, from Grant's point of view.
(d) It is written in third person, from Caroline's point of view.
5. Once through the gate to the unknown planet, who is the first classmate Rod sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. The doors to the abandoned cave dwellings discovered by Rod and Roy are how tall?
2. Three days downstream on their expedition, Rod and Roy find how many girls in a small cave?
3. Who do Rod and Jack discover in a tree in Chapter 6?
4. During his expedition with Rod in Chapter 11, why does Roy kill a dopey joe?
5. When Rod leaves the settlement with Roy to seek out a better location, who is appointed city manager in his place?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)