|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the stranger say he's going to go ahead?
2. What does Mae do to the man when he threatens to have Winnie drink the water?
3. Why does Miles use oil on the window?
4. How does the man say he knew about the Tucks?
5. What does the constable say about the man in the yellow suit?
Essay Topic 1
Winnie faces a dilemma when the stranger has been injured regarding what she should wish for. What is this dilemma and what does Winnie come to realize about the situation?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationships between the members of the Tuck family. Compare those to the relationships between the members of the Foster family.
Essay Topic 3
List two instances of foreshadowing. What is the role of foreshadowing in literature? Is the author successful in the use of foreshadowing in this story?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)