|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man say he plans to do with the water?
2. What image comes to Winnie's mind when she closes her eyes?
3. What time does Winnie wake up?
4. What does Winnie do when Miles catches a fish?
5. What does Winnie say to her family that makes them understand the reason she acted as she did?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Winnie faces a dilemma when the stranger has been injured regarding what she should wish for. What is this dilemma and what does Winnie come to realize about the situation?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Winnie's life prior to her chance encounter with the Tuck family. How is her life different after that encounter?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Winnie's emotions during her time at the Tuck home. Are these reasonable for a young girl in Winnie's position? Why or why not?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)