|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mae say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
2. What does the constable say will happen to Mae if the man dies?
3. Who is waiting for Winnie at the gate?
4. What is it that makes Winnie pick up the toad?
5. What is the constable doing when he discovers Winnie is in the cell instead of Mae?
Essay Topic 1
Describe three scenes in which there are extensive details of people, places, weather or events. Are these details necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the toad? Describe three scenes in which Winnie sees a toad and the significance of each scene. What might the toad represent?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Winnie's emotions during her time at the Tuck home. Are these reasonable for a young girl in Winnie's position? Why or why not?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)