|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie do when Miles catches a fish?
2. Where does the constable say most criminals are sent to serve their jail time?
3. Which of the family doesn't come to see her before she goes to sleep?
4. What is Tuck wearing when he comes in to check on Winnie?
5. What is it that makes Winnie pick up the toad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the toad? Describe three scenes in which Winnie sees a toad and the significance of each scene. What might the toad represent?
Essay Topic 2
Jesse and Miles are brothers but have very different attitudes about what they must do with their immortality. Discuss these differences in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Winnie faces a dilemma when the stranger has been injured regarding what she should wish for. What is this dilemma and what does Winnie come to realize about the situation?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)