|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger say?
2. What does Winnie do with the bottle Jesse gave her?
3. How does Winnie plan to provide water for the toad?
4. What does the stranger say he's going to do with the land he's gotten from the Fosters?
5. Who is waiting for Winnie at the gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's the reaction of Winnie's family when the constable tells them that Winnie had apparently gone with the Tucks of her own free will?
2. What is the plan Jesse tells Winnie and what does she add to the plan?
3. What parts of the conversation with the stranger seem to anger Mae the most? Why?
4. What does Winnie realize about sneaking out of the house?
5. What does Winnie think about after she's poured the bottle of water on the toad?
6. How does the stranger act when he goes to the Foster house?
7. How has Winnie's attitude about the Tucks changed as she eats breakfast with them?
8. Why does Winnie feel guilt over her plan to take Mae's place in jail?
9. What is it that Jesse says makes him different from the rest of his family?
10. What is Tuck's reaction as he watches the stranger lying on the ground after Mae hits him? Explain the reaction.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the stranger know about the Tuck family? What would drive a person to spend his entire life in search of the Tucks and their secret?
Essay Topic 2
What does the man say he plans to do with the spring? If this is a potential for making money, why haven' the Tucks done it?
Essay Topic 3
Winnie faces a dilemma when the stranger has been injured regarding what she should wish for. What is this dilemma and what does Winnie come to realize about the situation?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)