|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Winnie the moment she gets out of bed?
2. Who is waiting for Winnie at the gate?
3. What words does the stranger use to describe the people who took Winnie?
4. What time does Winnie say she'll meet Jesse?
5. What does Mae say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
Essay Topic 1
Describe three scenes in which there are extensive details of people, places, weather or events. Are these details necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Winnie's emotions during her time at the Tuck home. Are these reasonable for a young girl in Winnie's position? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Tuck looks at the stranger with great envy as the man seems about to die. Why does Tuck envy a man who is likely to die? Would Jesse and Miles have likely felt the same as their father?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)