|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Winnie wake up?
2. In what room do the Fosters hear the stranger's story of Winnie's abduction?
3. What sound does Winnie think she hears from inside the jail?
4. What does Mae do to the man when he threatens to have Winnie drink the water?
5. Why does Winnie feel relief when it's time for supper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the conditions of the trade the stranger proposes?
2. What does Winnie realize about sneaking out of the house?
3. What is the last thing Jesse says to Winnie and what does he mean by it?
4. What is it about the mosquito that makes Winnie suddenly decide to keep the secret of the spring?
5. What does the stranger say is his plan for the stream and what role does he want the Tucks to play?
6. What is the attitude of the Tuck family toward Winnie as they have breakfast?
7. What is the plan Jesse tells Winnie and what does she add to the plan?
8. How has Winnie's attitude about the Tucks changed as she eats breakfast with them?
9. Why does it take a long time for Winnie to fall asleep?
10. How is Winnie treated by her family the day after her return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is it that Tuck tries to explain to Winnie about life and death? How does Winnie come to realize the truth of Tuck's words?
Essay Topic 2
Describe three scenes in which there are extensive details of people, places, weather or events. Are these details necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Winnie trying to protect when she takes Mae's place in jail?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)