|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesse say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
2. How far does the stranger tell the constable they have to go to find Winnie?
3. What does Jesse give Winne?
4. How does the stranger discover the Fosters' gate is unlocked?
5. What does the constable say about the kidnapping charges against the Tucks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Winnie say that Mae can never be taken to the gallows?
2. Why does it take a long time for Winnie to fall asleep?
3. What is it about the mosquito that makes Winnie suddenly decide to keep the secret of the spring?
4. What is the advantage Winnie gains from the situation at the jail with regard to children her own age?
5. How is Winnie treated by her family the day after her return?
6. What is the plan Jesse tells Winnie and what does she add to the plan?
7. What does Miles say he wants to do with his life and why is that different from the attitudes of Jesse and Tuck?
8. What is it that Jesse says makes him different from the rest of his family?
9. What parts of the conversation with the stranger seem to anger Mae the most? Why?
10. What are the conditions of the trade the stranger proposes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Winnie's presence at the Tuck household so welcome? Would any child have been equally welcomed?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Winnie trying to protect when she takes Mae's place in jail?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scene in which Winnie encounters the mosquito and the importance of what Winnie realizes from that scene.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)