|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Winnie?
2. What does Mae use as a fan?
3. How many pockets are there in Mae's skirt?
4. What does Mae say the loft of their home is used for?
5. How long does Mae say she and her husband have lived in their current house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mae and the boys do to Winnie after she was asking for a drink from the spring?
2. Why do the Fosters believe the spring words?
3. Why does Winnie say she wishes she had brothers or sisters?
4. The author compares the first week of August to a Ferris wheel. What does the author say is the similarity?
5. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
6. What is Mae's response when Tuck tells her that she shouldn't ride into town?
7. What is Winnie's reaction and explanation for the mess at the Tuck house?
8. What is the analogy Tuck explains of the pond?
9. What is Tuck's reaction when Winnie arrives with Mae and the boys?
10. List an instance of foreshadowing in the prologue of the book and tell what this foreshadowing seems to indicate.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Winnie trying to protect when she takes Mae's place in jail?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of the constable in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Jesse and Miles are brothers but have very different attitudes about what they must do with their immortality. Discuss these differences in detail.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)