|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winnie leave her house?
2. Why does Mae say Winnie has to go home with them?
3. What is the first thing Mae says to Tuck upon waking?
4. How many brothers and sisters does Winnie Foster have?
5. What is Jesse's first answer when Winnie asks his age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tuck's reaction when Winnie arrives with Mae and the boys?
2. What does Mae tell Tuck she plans to do while in Treegap?
3. What is the foreshadowing related to the spring itself?
4. What is Winnie's reaction and explanation for the mess at the Tuck house?
5. What does the stranger ask Winnie first and what does this seem to indicate?
6. Give two examples of imagery in the prologue.
7. The author compares the first week of August to a Ferris wheel. What does the author say is the similarity?
8. What does the author say would likely be found by a traveler who entered the woods near the Fosters' house?
9. What are the three things the author says happens that appear to be mere coincidence?
10. Winnie indicates that she's going to do something the following day. What does she say she's going to do and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tuck looks at the stranger with great envy as the man seems about to die. Why does Tuck envy a man who is likely to die? Would Jesse and Miles have likely felt the same as their father?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scene in which Winnie encounters the mosquito and the importance of what Winnie realizes from that scene.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Winnie's presence at the Tuck household so welcome? Would any child have been equally welcomed?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)