Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "one pretty thing" Mae never leaves home without?
2. How old is Winnie?
3. How does Winnie discover she's supposed to get the maple syrup off her fingers while she eats?
4. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
5. What do Jesse, Mae, Miles and Winnie have to eat on the way back to the Tucks' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Jesse and Winnie when Winnie asks for a drink from the spring.
2. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
3. What questions does the constable ask in an effort to get a conversation going during the trip to the Tucks' house?
4. What does the stranger ask Winnie first and what does this seem to indicate?
5. What is the last thing Jesse says to Winnie and what does he mean by it?
6. What is the attitude of the Tuck family toward Winnie as they have breakfast?
7. What does the man say about the people who took Winnie and what does he insinuate about them?
8. What is revealed about the constable during his conversations with the stranger?
9. What is the analogy Tuck explains of the pond?
10. What are the changes that occur when the road to Treegap becomes the "property of people?"
Describe the scene in which Winnie encounters the mosquito and the importance of what Winnie realizes from that scene.
Describe Winnie's life prior to her chance encounter with the Tuck family. How is her life different after that encounter?
What is the role of the constable in this story?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)