|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tuck say would happen if people found out about the spring?
2. What does Mae say the loft of their home is used for?
3. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
4. What is the "one pretty thing" Mae never leaves home without?
5. What does Winnie do when she passes by the strange man after having been kidnapped by the Tucks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the music Winnie, her grandmother and the stranger hear? What do they believe it to be?
2. What is the question posed about land ownership?
3. How and why does Winnie's attitude about the Tucks suddenly change?
4. What is Tuck's reaction when Winnie arrives with Mae and the boys?
5. List an instance of foreshadowing in the prologue of the book and tell what this foreshadowing seems to indicate.
6. What is Winnie's reaction and explanation for the mess at the Tuck house?
7. Why does Winnie say she wishes she had brothers or sisters?
8. What does Mae tell Tuck she plans to do while in Treegap?
9. Winnie indicates that she's going to do something the following day. What does she say she's going to do and why?
10. What do Mae and the boys do to Winnie after she was asking for a drink from the spring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tuck looks at the stranger with great envy as the man seems about to die. Why does Tuck envy a man who is likely to die? Would Jesse and Miles have likely felt the same as their father?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Winnie trying to protect when she takes Mae's place in jail?
Essay Topic 3
What part of the story does Winnie tell her family to explain her involvement with the Tuck family at the jail? Why doesn't she tell her parents the entire story?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)