|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
2. Why does Mae say they had to bring Winnie home with them?
3. What are the only two living things Winnie has found on that particular morning?
4. What does Tuck say would happen if people found out about the spring?
5. Tuck says that his family is no longer part of life, but are like what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Winnie indicates that she's going to do something the following day. What does she say she's going to do and why?
2. What does Tuck mean when he says that he would get "back on the wheel" if he could?
3. What could Mae mean when she says that she, her husband and her sons have looked the same for eighty-seven years?
4. What does the stranger say is his plan for the stream and what role does he want the Tucks to play?
5. What do Mae and the boys do to Winnie after she was asking for a drink from the spring?
6. What parts of the conversation with the stranger seem to anger Mae the most? Why?
7. What is the music Winnie, her grandmother and the stranger hear? What do they believe it to be?
8. What does Mae say about the reason her family members were the ones who drank from the spring?
9. What is the foreshadowing related to the spring itself?
10. What does Winnie realize about sneaking out of the house?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the man in the yellow suit to this story? Why is the man never named?
Essay Topic 2
What does the man say he plans to do with the spring? If this is a potential for making money, why haven' the Tucks done it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Winnie's life prior to her chance encounter with the Tuck family. How is her life different after that encounter?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)