|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words are used to describe the fingers of the stranger?
2. When does Mae say they'll take Winnie home?
3. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
4. Which of the following was not part of the supper Winnie shares with the Tuck family her first night with them?
5. What member of the Tuck group did not drink from the spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Winnie's attitude about the Tucks changed as she eats breakfast with them?
2. What are the conditions of the trade the stranger proposes?
3. What is Tuck's reaction when Winnie arrives with Mae and the boys?
4. What is the question posed about land ownership?
5. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
6. Describe the conversation between Jesse and Winnie when Winnie asks for a drink from the spring.
7. What parts of the conversation with the stranger seem to anger Mae the most? Why?
8. What does Winnie think about after she's poured the bottle of water on the toad?
9. What are the three things the author says happens that appear to be mere coincidence?
10. What does the author say would likely be found by a traveler who entered the woods near the Fosters' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is it that Tuck tries to explain to Winnie about life and death? How does Winnie come to realize the truth of Tuck's words?
Essay Topic 2
What does the man say he plans to do with the spring? If this is a potential for making money, why haven' the Tucks done it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationships between the members of the Tuck family. Compare those to the relationships between the members of the Foster family.
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)