|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie discover that Jesse and Miles wore to go swimming?
2. How many petticoats does Mae put on?
3. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
4. Where does Tuck say is the best place to talk?
5. What kind of tree is at the center of the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Winnie's reaction and explanation for the mess at the Tuck house?
2. Give two examples of imagery in the prologue.
3. How is it that the Tucks learned of their immortality?
4. What is the question posed about land ownership?
5. Why does Winnie think the simple meal she shares with the Tuck family is "luxurious?"
6. What is Mae's response when Tuck tells her that she shouldn't ride into town?
7. What is the foreshadowing related to the spring itself?
8. Why does Winnie decide not to run away?
9. How and why does Winnie's attitude about the Tucks suddenly change?
10. What is Tuck's reaction when Winnie arrives with Mae and the boys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the constable in this story?
Essay Topic 2
What is it that Tuck tries to explain to Winnie about life and death? How does Winnie come to realize the truth of Tuck's words?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Winnie trying to protect when she takes Mae's place in jail?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)