|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mae say the loft of their home is used for?
2. Which of the following is true of Winnie's beliefs?
3. What do Jesse, Mae, Miles and Winnie have to eat on the way back to the Tucks' house?
4. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
5. Why does Jesse tell Winnie that she cannot have a drink of the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Jesse and Winnie when Winnie asks for a drink from the spring.
2. What is the analogy Tuck explains of the pond?
3. What is Winnie's reaction and explanation for the mess at the Tuck house?
4. How is it that the Tucks learned of their immortality?
5. What does Tuck mean when he says that he would get "back on the wheel" if he could?
6. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
7. Winnie indicates that she's going to do something the following day. What does she say she's going to do and why?
8. What is Winnie's reaction to being kidnapped?
9. What is Tuck's reaction when Winnie arrives with Mae and the boys?
10. Why does Winnie say she wishes she had brothers or sisters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Winnie faces a dilemma when the stranger has been injured regarding what she should wish for. What is this dilemma and what does Winnie come to realize about the situation?
Essay Topic 2
Describe three scenes in which there are extensive details of people, places, weather or events. Are these details necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does the man say he plans to do with the spring? If this is a potential for making money, why haven' the Tucks done it?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)