|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Winnie discovers lives in the table drawer at the Tuck home?
2. What kind of pet does Winnie say she might like to have?
3. What does Winnie do when she passes by the strange man after having been kidnapped by the Tucks?
4. How many years ago did the Tucks come to the area?
5. Tuck says that his family is no longer part of life, but are like what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Winnie's attitude about the Tucks suddenly change?
2. Describe the conversation between Jesse and Winnie when Winnie asks for a drink from the spring.
3. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
4. Why does Winnie say she wishes she had brothers or sisters?
5. What are the changes that occur when the road to Treegap becomes the "property of people?"
6. Give two examples of imagery in the prologue.
7. What are the three things the author says happens that appear to be mere coincidence?
8. Why does Jesse say that it feels "fine" to tell somebody the story of the remarkable spring?
9. What is Winnie's reaction and explanation for the mess at the Tuck house?
10. What is Winnie's reaction to being kidnapped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the constable in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Jesse and Miles are brothers but have very different attitudes about what they must do with their immortality. Discuss these differences in detail.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of the man in the yellow suit to this story? Why is the man never named?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)