|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jesse say came up with a plan to get Mae out of jail?
2. What does the constable say they must do with the stranger?
(a) Take him in the house.
(b) Take him to the gallows.
(c) Take him to town.
(d) Take him to the Fosters.
3. What does Winnie do when Miles catches a fish?
(a) Asks where they can catch another.
(b) Asks if that wil be enough for breakfast.
(c) Asks to fish some more herself.
(d) Asks him to let it go.
4. How long does the constable say he's been in charge?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) He doesn't say.
5. Where does the stranger put his hat while he talks to the Fosters?
(a) On his knee.
(b) On a peg by the door.
(c) On the back of the chair.
(d) On the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie do when a mosquito lands on her knee?
2. What does the man say he plans to do with the water?
3. Who does Winnie tell her grandmother she's talking to?
4. How does the man say he knew about the Tucks?
5. How does the stranger discover the Fosters' gate is unlocked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the advantage Winnie gains from the situation at the jail with regard to children her own age?
2. What does Miles say he wants to do with his life and why is that different from the attitudes of Jesse and Tuck?
3. What is the weather like on the day before Winnie is to take Mae's place in jail?
4. What is it that Jesse says makes him different from the rest of his family?
5. How is Winnie treated by her family the day after her return?
6. What does Winnie think about after she's poured the bottle of water on the toad?
7. What is Tuck's reaction as he watches the stranger lying on the ground after Mae hits him? Explain the reaction.
8. What's the reaction of Winnie's family when the constable tells them that Winnie had apparently gone with the Tucks of her own free will?
9. What is it about the mosquito that makes Winnie suddenly decide to keep the secret of the spring?
10. How does the stranger act when he goes to the Foster house?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)