|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man say he plans to do with the water?
(b) Sell it.
(c) Save it.
(d) Hide it.
2. What does the stranger say he's going to do with the land he's gotten from the Fosters?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) He's going to make a hotel.
(c) He's going to sell water from the spring.
(d) He's going to build a house.
3. What is it that makes Winnie pick up the toad?
(a) Her friends dare her to.
(b) A dog is threatening it.
(c) Winnie believes it's thirsty.
(d) It is about to be run over.
4. How far does the stranger tell the constable they have to go to find Winnie?
(a) Five miles.
(b) Sixteen miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Twenty miles.
5. Which of the family doesn't come to see her before she goes to sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Winnie at the gate?
2. What does Winnie sit in back in her room at home?
3. What does Mae say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
4. Who does the stranger say should go with him to get Winnie?
5. What color is the dragonfly that darts near the rowboat while Winnie and Miles are fishing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's the reaction of Winnie's family when the constable tells them that Winnie had apparently gone with the Tucks of her own free will?
2. What does Winnie think about after she's poured the bottle of water on the toad?
3. Why does Winnie say that Mae can never be taken to the gallows?
4. How has Winnie's attitude about the Tucks changed as she eats breakfast with them?
5. What is the plan Jesse tells Winnie and what does she add to the plan?
6. What does the man say about the people who took Winnie and what does he insinuate about them?
7. Why does it take a long time for Winnie to fall asleep?
8. What is revealed about the constable during his conversations with the stranger?
9. What does Miles say he wants to do with his life and why is that different from the attitudes of Jesse and Tuck?
10. Why does Winnie feel guilt over her plan to take Mae's place in jail?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)