|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie do with the bottle Jesse gave her?
(a) Drinks it.
(b) Pours it out.
(c) Hides it in a drawer.
(d) Puts it in her grandmother's drink.
2. What do Winnie and Miles use for bait?
(c) Pork fat.
3. How does Winnie overhear the constable's news?
(a) She listens from the top of the stairs.
(b) She listens from the parlor.
(c) She listens from the kitchen.
(d) She listens from her window.
4. What does Mae answer when the constable asks why she hit the man?
(a) That he wanted Winnie to drink from the spring.
(b) That he had threatened to tell their secret.
(c) That he had hit her first.
(d) That he was trying to take the child away.
5. What does Winnie take to her bedroom to drink?
(a) The water Jesse gave her.
(c) Iced tea.
(d) A cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the stranger tell the constable they have to go to find Winnie?
2. What does Winnie do when Miles catches a fish?
3. How long does the constable say he's been in charge?
4. What sound does Winnie think she hears from inside the jail?
5. Who is waiting for Winnie at the gate?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)