|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miles use oil on the window?
(a) So that Mae can slip through more easily.
(b) There isn't a reason.
(c) To eliminate the possibility of fingerprints.
(d) To keep the nails from making a sound as they are pulled out.
2. Who does Jesse say came up with a plan to get Mae out of jail?
3. Who opens the door of Winnie's house?
(b) Winnie's father.
(c) Winnie's grandmother.
(d) Winnie's mother.
4. What does Winnie take to her bedroom to drink?
(a) A cola.
(b) The water Jesse gave her.
(c) Iced tea.
5. Where does the stranger put his hat?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On the back of the chair.
(c) On the mantel.
(d) On the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie say to her family that makes them understand the reason she acted as she did?
2. How does the stranger discover the Fosters' gate is unlocked?
3. What do they have for breakfast the morning after Winnie and Miles go fishing?
4. Which of the family doesn't come to see her before she goes to sleep?
5. What does Winnie do with the bottle Jesse gave her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parts of the conversation with the stranger seem to anger Mae the most? Why?
2. Why does Winnie feel guilt over her plan to take Mae's place in jail?
3. What is it that Jesse says makes him different from the rest of his family?
4. What is the likely significance of the fact that all the lights are on in the Foster house when the stranger arrives?
5. What does Winnie realize about sneaking out of the house?
6. What's the reaction of Winnie's family when the constable tells them that Winnie had apparently gone with the Tucks of her own free will?
7. What is the advantage Winnie gains from the situation at the jail with regard to children her own age?
8. What is the weather like on the day before Winnie is to take Mae's place in jail?
9. How is Winnie treated by her family the day after her return?
10. What questions does the constable ask in an effort to get a conversation going during the trip to the Tucks' house?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)