|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the constable say will happen to Mae if the man dies?
(a) She'll be taken to jail.
(b) She'll be sent to prison.
(c) She'll be taken to the gallows.
(d) She'll be released .
2. What does Miles say was the name of his daughter?
3. What does the man want in return for telling Winnie's whereabouts?
(a) Ownership of the woods.
(b) Water from the spring.
(d) The Foster's House.
4. What time does Winnie say she'll meet Jesse?
(a) Just after dark.
(b) At ten o'clock.
(c) At midnight.
(d) Just before dawn.
5. Why does Winnie feel relief when it's time for supper?
(a) She's starving.
(b) She doesn't have to do dishes.
(c) It means it's almost midnight.
(d) It's something to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Mae put flapjack crumbs in the table drawer?
2. How far does the stranger tell the constable they have to go to find Winnie?
3. Who confronts Winnie the moment she gets out of bed?
4. What does Winnie say the stranger looks like?
5. What does Jesse say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Winnie treated by her family the day after her return?
2. How does the stranger act when he goes to the Foster house?
3. What does Winnie think about after she's poured the bottle of water on the toad?
4. What parts of the conversation with the stranger seem to anger Mae the most? Why?
5. What is the weather like on the day before Winnie is to take Mae's place in jail?
6. What is the plan Jesse tells Winnie and what does she add to the plan?
7. Why does it take a long time for Winnie to fall asleep?
8. What does Miles say he wants to do with his life and why is that different from the attitudes of Jesse and Tuck?
9. What is it that Jesse says makes him different from the rest of his family?
10. What is the advantage Winnie gains from the situation at the jail with regard to children her own age?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)