|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Winnie wake up?
(a) Four fifteen.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) Fifteen minutes after midnight.
(d) Five minutes till midnight.
2. How many kidnappings does he say he's investigated during his time as constable?
(b) Too many to count.
(c) Just one.
(d) This is the first.
3. What does Mae say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
(a) They were using the wrong bait.
(b) There aren't any fish in the pond.
(c) Miles is out of practice.
(d) Miles doesn't know how to fish.
4. What does Winnie sit in back in her room at home?
(a) Her mother's lap.
(b) A small rocking chair.
(c) Her father's chair.
(d) A swing in the back yard.
5. What does the stranger say people came to believe about this family that didn't age?
(a) That they are gods.
(b) That they were ghosts.
(c) That they were witches, or worse.
(d) That they should share their secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the stranger say he's going to go ahead?
2. What does Winnie pour on the toad?
3. What kind of fish does Miles predict will be among the lily pads?
4. Who confronts Winnie the moment she gets out of bed?
5. What does Miles say was the name of his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parts of the conversation with the stranger seem to anger Mae the most? Why?
2. What is the advantage Winnie gains from the situation at the jail with regard to children her own age?
3. What does Winnie realize about sneaking out of the house?
4. How has Winnie's attitude about the Tucks changed as she eats breakfast with them?
5. What does Miles say he wants to do with his life and why is that different from the attitudes of Jesse and Tuck?
6. How does the stranger act when he goes to the Foster house?
7. How is Winnie treated by her family the day after her return?
8. What is the plan Jesse tells Winnie and what does she add to the plan?
9. Why does it take a long time for Winnie to fall asleep?
10. What does the stranger say is his plan for the stream and what role does he want the Tucks to play?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)