|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the constable say he's been in charge?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) He doesn't say.
(d) Fifteen years.
2. What sound does Winnie think she hears from inside the jail?
(a) Mae calling out to her.
(b) Tuck crying.
(c) The horse neighing.
(d) The tinkling of the music box.
3. What image comes to Winnie's mind when she closes her eyes?
(a) Tuck's kind face.
(b) The man in the yellow suit.
(d) The blood on Mae's hands.
4. What color is the jailhouse painted?
(b) It's unpainted.
5. What does Mae do to the man when he threatens to have Winnie drink the water?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Hits him with a shotgun.
(c) Shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the stranger say should go with him to get Winnie?
2. Which of the family doesn't come to see her before she goes to sleep?
3. What does the constable say they must do with the stranger?
4. How does the stranger discover the Fosters' gate is unlocked?
5. What time is it when the stranger arrives at Winnie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's the reaction of Winnie's family when the constable tells them that Winnie had apparently gone with the Tucks of her own free will?
2. What does Winnie realize about sneaking out of the house?
3. What does Winnie think about after she's poured the bottle of water on the toad?
4. What is the plan Jesse tells Winnie and what does she add to the plan?
5. What questions does the constable ask in an effort to get a conversation going during the trip to the Tucks' house?
6. What is it that Jesse says makes him different from the rest of his family?
7. What is the likely significance of the fact that all the lights are on in the Foster house when the stranger arrives?
8. What does Miles say he wants to do with his life and why is that different from the attitudes of Jesse and Tuck?
9. What is the last thing Jesse says to Winnie and what does he mean by it?
10. What does the stranger say is his plan for the stream and what role does he want the Tucks to play?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)