|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Winnie plan to provide water for the toad?
(a) She turns on the water hose.
(b) She is going to carry the toad to the pond.
(c) She is going to take the toad inside to the tub.
(d) She carries a bowl of water outside.
2. Who goes to answer the door?
3. Where does Mae make a bed for Winnie to sleep that night?
(a) In the loft.
(b) On a folding cot.
(c) On a chair.
(d) On the sofa.
4. Where does the constable say most criminals are sent to serve their jail time?
(b) Clear Creek.
(c) He doesn't say.
5. What does Winnie pour on the toad?
(a) Her glass of lemonade.
(b) Water from the garden hose.
(c) The water Jesse gave her.
(d) A bowl of water from the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesse say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
2. What does Winnie do with the bottle Jesse gave her?
3. Who lifts Winnie through the window and into the jail?
4. Which of the family does Winnie say is the "dearest of them all?"
5. What do Winnie's mother and grandmother do all day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Winnie's attitude about the Tucks changed as she eats breakfast with them?
2. What is revealed about the constable during his conversations with the stranger?
3. What does the man say about the people who took Winnie and what does he insinuate about them?
4. What is the likely significance of the fact that all the lights are on in the Foster house when the stranger arrives?
5. What is the last thing Jesse says to Winnie and what does he mean by it?
6. Why does Winnie say that Mae can never be taken to the gallows?
7. What is the weather like on the day before Winnie is to take Mae's place in jail?
8. How is Winnie treated by her family the day after her return?
9. How does the stranger act when he goes to the Foster house?
10. What does the stranger say is his plan for the stream and what role does he want the Tucks to play?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)