|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jesse say came up with a plan to get Mae out of jail?
2. What does the person say who opens the door for the stranger?
(b) What do you want?.
(c) Come in.
(d) Go away.
3. What do Winnie and Miles use for bait?
(a) Pork fat.
4. Who lifts Winnie through the window and into the jail?
5. What time does Winnie say she'll meet Jesse?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At ten o'clock.
(c) Just before dawn.
(d) Just after dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winnie say the entire escapade is difficult for her family?
2. What does Winnie say to Tuck as she's being taken away?
3. What does the stranger say he's going to do with the land he's gotten from the Fosters?
4. What words does the stranger use to describe the people who took Winnie?
5. What is it that makes Winnie pick up the toad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the attitude of the Tuck family toward Winnie as they have breakfast?
2. What does Winnie realize about sneaking out of the house?
3. Why does Winnie feel guilt over her plan to take Mae's place in jail?
4. What does the stranger say is his plan for the stream and what role does he want the Tucks to play?
5. What is the weather like on the day before Winnie is to take Mae's place in jail?
6. What is the likely significance of the fact that all the lights are on in the Foster house when the stranger arrives?
7. What is the advantage Winnie gains from the situation at the jail with regard to children her own age?
8. What is it that Jesse says makes him different from the rest of his family?
9. Why does Winnie say that Mae can never be taken to the gallows?
10. What is Tuck's reaction as he watches the stranger lying on the ground after Mae hits him? Explain the reaction.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)