|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie say the stranger looks like?
(a) A marionette.
(b) A dragonfly.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A toad.
2. What is Mae's reaction when they hear a knock on the door?
(a) She drops her fork.
(b) She asks Winnie who it could be.
(c) She yells, "come in".
(d) She screams.
3. Who does Winnie tell her grandmother she's talking to?
(c) Just a boy.
(d) The constable.
4. What time does Winnie wake up?
(a) Fifteen minutes after midnight.
(b) Four fifteen.
(c) Five minutes till midnight.
(d) Five o'clock.
5. How does Winnie overhear the constable's news?
(a) She listens from the kitchen.
(b) She listens from her window.
(c) She listens from the parlor.
(d) She listens from the top of the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kidnappings does he say he's investigated during his time as constable?
2. What does the person say who opens the door for the stranger?
3. What does Winnie pour on the toad?
4. What does the constable say about the kidnapping charges against the Tucks?
5. Who does Jesse say came up with a plan to get Mae out of jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Winnie treated by her family the day after her return?
2. What is the attitude of the Tuck family toward Winnie as they have breakfast?
3. What is the likely significance of the fact that all the lights are on in the Foster house when the stranger arrives?
4. What does Winnie think about after she's poured the bottle of water on the toad?
5. Why does Winnie feel guilt over her plan to take Mae's place in jail?
6. How does the stranger act when he goes to the Foster house?
7. What does Winnie realize about sneaking out of the house?
8. What parts of the conversation with the stranger seem to anger Mae the most? Why?
9. What is it that Jesse says makes him different from the rest of his family?
10. What is Tuck's reaction as he watches the stranger lying on the ground after Mae hits him? Explain the reaction.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)