|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Winnie say she'll meet Jesse?
(a) Just after dark.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At ten o'clock.
(d) Just before dawn.
2. What time does Winnie wake up?
(a) Five minutes till midnight.
(b) Fifteen minutes after midnight.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Four fifteen.
3. How far does the stranger tell the constable they have to go to find Winnie?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Twenty miles.
(c) Sixteen miles.
(d) Five miles.
4. What does the stranger say?
(b) That he has a horse for sale.
(c) That he needs something to eat .
(d) That he knows where the little girl is.
5. What does the man want in return for telling Winnie's whereabouts?
(b) Ownership of the woods.
(c) The Foster's House.
(d) Water from the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the stranger put his hat while he talks to the Fosters?
2. What is the flash of white Winnie sees from her bedroom window?
3. Where is the shotgun after Mae hits the stranger with it?
4. What sound does Winnie think she hears from inside the jail?
5. What does Winnie say the stranger looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan Jesse tells Winnie and what does she add to the plan?
2. What does Winnie realize about sneaking out of the house?
3. What is the last thing Jesse says to Winnie and what does he mean by it?
4. What is the advantage Winnie gains from the situation at the jail with regard to children her own age?
5. How does the stranger act when he goes to the Foster house?
6. What is revealed about the constable during his conversations with the stranger?
7. What is the likely significance of the fact that all the lights are on in the Foster house when the stranger arrives?
8. Why does Winnie feel guilt over her plan to take Mae's place in jail?
9. What are the conditions of the trade the stranger proposes?
10. What is the attitude of the Tuck family toward Winnie as they have breakfast?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)