|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does the stranger use to describe the people who took Winnie?
(a) Mean and tough.
(b) Rough and illiterate.
(c) Kind and unusual.
(d) Stupid and homely.
2. What is Tuck wearing when he comes in to check on Winnie?
(a) A green robe.
(c) A pair of pants a a tee shirt.
(d) A long white nightshirt.
3. Where is the shotgun after Mae hits the stranger with it?
(a) The constable takes it.
(b) Mae drops it on the ground.
(c) Mae is still holding it.
(d) Mae gives it to Tuck.
4. What does Winnie take to her bedroom to drink?
(b) A cola.
(c) The water Jesse gave her.
(d) Iced tea.
5. Who is Winnie allowed to leave the yard with after the incident at the jail?
(a) No one.
(b) Only her mother or father.
(c) Her mother or grandmother.
(d) Her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does the stranger not study in his effort to learn about the family who doesn't age?
2. What does Jesse say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
3. What time does Winnie wake up?
4. What do Winnie's mother and grandmother do all day?
5. Why does Winnie feel relief when it's time for supper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the conditions of the trade the stranger proposes?
2. What does Winnie think about after she's poured the bottle of water on the toad?
3. Winnie wishes that the man would die, but then that he would live. Why is she torn on this point?
4. What is it about the mosquito that makes Winnie suddenly decide to keep the secret of the spring?
5. How has Winnie's attitude about the Tucks changed as she eats breakfast with them?
6. What's the reaction of Winnie's family when the constable tells them that Winnie had apparently gone with the Tucks of her own free will?
7. What does the stranger say is his plan for the stream and what role does he want the Tucks to play?
8. What does Miles say he wants to do with his life and why is that different from the attitudes of Jesse and Tuck?
9. What is the advantage Winnie gains from the situation at the jail with regard to children her own age?
10. Why does it take a long time for Winnie to fall asleep?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)