|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes is Winnie wearing when she gets into the rowboat with Tuck?
(a) She's barefoot.
(b) Flip flops.
(d) Tennis shoes.
2. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
(a) The merry-go-round.
(b) The Ferris wheel.
(c) The tilt-a-whirl.
(d) The roller coaster.
3. What does Mae use for a towel after she washes her face in the stream?
(a) Her shawl.
(b) The horse blanket.
(c) A towel.
(d) The bottom of her dress.
4. What color are Jesse's suspenders?
5. Who is it that yells at Winnie that lunch is ready?
(a) Mae Tuck.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie say the music sounds like?
2. How many brothers and sisters does Winnie Foster have?
3. What is Jesse doing when Winnie first sees him?
4. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
5. What does Tuck do when he's introduced to Winnie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tuck's reaction when Winnie arrives with Mae and the boys?
2. Why does Winnie say she will go with the Fosters willingly?
3. Describe the conversation between Jesse and Winnie when Winnie asks for a drink from the spring.
4. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
5. Why does Winnie decide not to run away?
6. Why does Winnie think the simple meal she shares with the Tuck family is "luxurious?"
7. What is the question posed about land ownership?
8. What is Mae's response when Tuck tells her that she shouldn't ride into town?
9. What is the music Winnie, her grandmother and the stranger hear? What do they believe it to be?
10. What does Tuck mean when he says that Winnie is a "real, honest-to-goodness, natural child?"
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)