|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
(a) A circus.
(b) A music box.
(c) Elves .
(d) A radio.
2. What is the smell that comes from the wardrobe in the Tucks' bedroom?
3. How many children did Miles have?
4. Who does the stranger at the Foster's gate say he is looking for?
(a) Jesse and Miles.
(b) Mae Tuck.
(c) He doesn't say.
(d) Winnie Foster.
5. What color is the straw hat Mae puts on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that yells at Winnie that lunch is ready?
2. What is Winnie doing when the stranger comes to the Foster's gate?
3. What is it that Winnie discovers lives in the table drawer at the Tuck home?
4. Which of the following is true of Winnie's beliefs?
5. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it that the Tucks learned of their immortality?
2. Give two examples of imagery in the prologue.
3. What is the analogy Tuck explains of the pond?
4. Why does Jesse say that it feels "fine" to tell somebody the story of the remarkable spring?
5. What does Winnie realize about sneaking out of the house?
6. What is Winnie's reaction to being kidnapped?
7. How does the stranger act when he goes to the Foster house?
8. What are the changes that occur when the road to Treegap becomes the "property of people?"
9. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
10. The author compares the first week of August to a Ferris wheel. What does the author say is the similarity?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)