|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the stranger's suit?
2. How long has it been since any member of the Tuck family changed?
(a) 110 years.
(b) 147 years.
(c) 87 years.
(d) 43 years.
3. What is the smell that comes from the wardrobe in the Tucks' bedroom?
4. Why do people usually go around the woods?
(a) The road goes around the woods and they're scary.
(b) The road is filled with thorns.
(c) The road goes around the woods and the Fosters own it.
(d) The Fosters own the land and people are scared of them.
5. What does the man say he's looking for?
(a) A toad.
(b) A place to spend the night.
(c) A woman.
(d) A family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mae leading when she comes into the thicket?
2. What is the first creature Winnie hears when she and Tuck get into the rowboat at the pond?
3. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
4. What does Tuck say he's going to do while Mae goes to Treegap?
5. What is the name of the village where Mae is going?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the analogy Tuck explains of the pond?
2. Give two examples of imagery in the prologue.
3. Why does Jesse say that it feels "fine" to tell somebody the story of the remarkable spring?
4. What could Mae mean when she says that she, her husband and her sons have looked the same for eighty-seven years?
5. What is Winnie's reaction to being kidnapped?
6. What do Mae and the boys do to Winnie after she was asking for a drink from the spring?
7. Why do the Fosters believe the spring words?
8. What does Mae say about the reason her family members were the ones who drank from the spring?
9. The author compares the first week of August to a Ferris wheel. What does the author say is the similarity?
10. What is Winnie's reaction and explanation for the mess at the Tuck house?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)