|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many petticoats does Mae put on?
2. What does Winnie discover that Jesse and Miles wore to go swimming?
(a) Their swimsuits.
(b) Their clothes.
(d) Their underwear.
3. What time does Winnie Foster set out from her house?
(a) At ten in the morning.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At noontime.
4. How many brothers and sisters does Winnie Foster have?
5. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
(a) No one.
(b) The Fosters.
(c) The Tucks.
(d) The Franklins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mae plan to travel to Treegap?
2. When does Mae say she'll be return home?
3. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
4. What time does Mae Tuck set out for the village?
5. Which of these words does the author use to describe the first week of August?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it that the Tucks learned of their immortality?
2. How and why does Winnie's attitude about the Tucks suddenly change?
3. What is the music Winnie, her grandmother and the stranger hear? What do they believe it to be?
4. Why does Winnie say she wishes she had brothers or sisters?
5. What does Mae tell Tuck she plans to do while in Treegap?
6. What do Mae and the boys do to Winnie after she was asking for a drink from the spring?
7. What are the three things the author says happens that appear to be mere coincidence?
8. What does Tuck mean when he says that Winnie is a "real, honest-to-goodness, natural child?"
9. What does the stranger ask Winnie first and what does this seem to indicate?
10. Why does Winnie say she will go with the Fosters willingly?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)