Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "one pretty thing" Mae never leaves home without?
(a) A music box.
(b) A photo.
(c) A key.
(d) A cell phone.
2. How old is Winnie?
(a) Sixteen, going on seventeen.
(b) Eleven, going on twelve.
(c) Ten, going on eleven.
(d) She doesn't say.
3. How does Winnie discover she's supposed to get the maple syrup off her fingers while she eats?
(a) Lick them.
(b) Wipe them on a napkin.
(c) Go to the pond for water.
(d) Wipe them on her shirt.
4. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
(a) A circus.
(b) A radio.
(c) Elves .
(d) A music box.
5. What do Jesse, Mae, Miles and Winnie have to eat on the way back to the Tucks' house?
(a) Wild berries.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) Bologna sandwiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes is Winnie wearing when she gets into the rowboat with Tuck?
2. What is the news that Tuck gets urging him to come back to the house?
3. How many brothers and sisters does Winnie Foster have?
4. What color is the Tuck house?
5. What kind of pet does Winnie say she might like to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Jesse and Winnie when Winnie asks for a drink from the spring.
2. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
3. What questions does the constable ask in an effort to get a conversation going during the trip to the Tucks' house?
4. What does the stranger ask Winnie first and what does this seem to indicate?
5. What is the last thing Jesse says to Winnie and what does he mean by it?
6. What is the attitude of the Tuck family toward Winnie as they have breakfast?
7. What does the man say about the people who took Winnie and what does he insinuate about them?
8. What is revealed about the constable during his conversations with the stranger?
9. What is the analogy Tuck explains of the pond?
10. What are the changes that occur when the road to Treegap becomes the "property of people?"
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)