|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mae say Winnie has to go home with them?
(a) To have dinner with the family.
(b) So that the stranger can't find her.
(c) So that she can say she's run away from home.
(d) To talk it out with Tuck.
2. How many pockets are there in Mae's skirt?
3. How does Winnie discover she's supposed to get the maple syrup off her fingers while she eats?
(a) Wipe them on her shirt.
(b) Wipe them on a napkin.
(c) Go to the pond for water.
(d) Lick them.
4. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
5. Where does Tuck say is the best place to talk?
(a) The loft.
(b) The pond.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that yells at Winnie that lunch is ready?
2. How many brothers and sisters does Winnie Foster have?
3. What time does Winnie Foster set out from her house?
4. What is Mae leading when she comes into the thicket?
5. Tuck says that his family is no longer part of life, but are like what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Winnie's reaction and explanation for the mess at the Tuck house?
2. What are the changes that occur when the road to Treegap becomes the "property of people?"
3. What does Tuck mean when he says that he would get "back on the wheel" if he could?
4. Why does Winnie think the simple meal she shares with the Tuck family is "luxurious?"
5. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
6. How and why does Winnie's attitude about the Tucks suddenly change?
7. What do Mae and the boys do to Winnie after she was asking for a drink from the spring?
8. Why does Winnie say she wishes she had brothers or sisters?
9. Why do the Fosters believe the spring words?
10. What is Mae's response when Tuck tells her that she shouldn't ride into town?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)