|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of the Tuck group did not drink from the spring?
(a) The horse.
(b) The toad.
(d) The cat.
2. What does Winnie do when she passes by the strange man after having been kidnapped by the Tucks?
(a) Screams for help.
(b) Tells him she's learning to ride.
3. What kind of songs does Jesse sing?
(a) Sad songs.
(b) Country songs.
(c) Rock and Roll.
(d) Funny songs.
4. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) No one.
(c) Winnie's grandmother.
(d) The stranger.
5. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the Tuck house?
2. What is Jesse's first answer when Winnie asks his age?
3. What does Winnie throw when she goes outside?
4. What color are Jesse's suspenders?
5. What are the only two living things Winnie has found on that particular morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say would likely be found by a traveler who entered the woods near the Fosters' house?
2. The author compares the first week of August to a Ferris wheel. What does the author say is the similarity?
3. What does the stranger ask Winnie first and what does this seem to indicate?
4. What are the three things the author says happens that appear to be mere coincidence?
5. What is the foreshadowing related to the spring itself?
6. What is the music Winnie, her grandmother and the stranger hear? What do they believe it to be?
7. What is the question posed about land ownership?
8. Why does Jesse say that it feels "fine" to tell somebody the story of the remarkable spring?
9. How is it that the Tucks learned of their immortality?
10. Why does Winnie decide not to run away?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)