|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Miles and Jesse do when they arrive home?
(a) Ask for dinner.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Look for their cat.
(d) Jump in the pond.
2. How often does Mae Tuck make this journey?
(a) Every week.
(b) Every ten years.
(c) Every year.
(d) Every month.
3. What does the man say he's looking for?
(a) A place to spend the night.
(b) A toad.
(c) A woman.
(d) A family.
4. What does Tuck say he's going to do while Mae goes to Treegap?
(b) Go with her.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Work in the garden.
5. What time does Mae Tuck set out for the village?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At ten in the morning.
(c) At noon.
(d) At midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the stranger's suit?
2. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
3. What does Winnie do when she passes by the strange man after having been kidnapped by the Tucks?
4. What is it that conceals the spring that bubbles up in the middle of the woods?
5. What do passersby want to do when they pass the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mae and the boys do to Winnie after she was asking for a drink from the spring?
2. Describe the conversation between Jesse and Winnie when Winnie asks for a drink from the spring.
3. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
4. What is the analogy Tuck explains of the pond?
5. What does Tuck mean when he says that he would get "back on the wheel" if he could?
6. Give two examples of imagery in the prologue.
7. What are the changes that occur when the road to Treegap becomes the "property of people?"
8. List an instance of foreshadowing in the prologue of the book and tell what this foreshadowing seems to indicate.
9. Why does Winnie decide not to run away?
10. What is Mae's response when Tuck tells her that she shouldn't ride into town?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)