|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jesse, Mae, Miles and Winnie have to eat on the way back to the Tucks' house?
(a) Wild berries.
(b) Bread and cheese.
(c) Bologna sandwiches.
(d) Peanut butter.
2. What time does Mae Tuck set out for the village?
(a) At noon.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At ten in the morning.
(d) At midnight.
3. What does Tuck say he's going to do while Mae goes to Treegap?
(a) Work in the garden.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Go with her.
4. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
(a) No drinking from the milk jug.
(b) No conversation while eating.
(c) No talking with your mouth full.
(d) No elbows on the table.
5. What kind of pet does Winnie say she might like to have?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A pony.
(c) A dog.
(d) A toad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mae fasten the shawl around her shoulders?
2. Who is it that yells at Winnie that lunch is ready?
3. How does Mae plan to travel to Treegap?
4. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
5. What is the "one pretty thing" Mae never leaves home without?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stranger ask Winnie first and what does this seem to indicate?
2. Why does Winnie say she will go with the Fosters willingly?
3. What does the author say would likely be found by a traveler who entered the woods near the Fosters' house?
4. What is the question posed about land ownership?
5. What is Mae's response when Tuck tells her that she shouldn't ride into town?
6. What is the foreshadowing related to the spring itself?
7. What could Mae mean when she says that she, her husband and her sons have looked the same for eighty-seven years?
8. What is the music Winnie, her grandmother and the stranger hear? What do they believe it to be?
9. Why does Winnie decide not to run away?
10. What are the three things the author says happens that appear to be mere coincidence?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)