|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tuck do when he's introduced to Winnie?
(a) Starts to cry.
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Shakes her hand.
(d) Walks away without speaking.
2. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things a traveler would find in the woods?
3. What does Winnie learn would be her fate if she drank from the spring?
(a) She'd remain a little girl forever.
(b) She'd grow until she was seventeen then stop aging.
(c) She'd die.
(d) She'd become an old woman.
4. What does Winnie throw when she goes outside?
5. What kind of songs does Jesse sing?
(a) Rock and Roll.
(b) Country songs.
(c) Funny songs.
(d) Sad songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Where" is the first week of August?
2. What is the first thing Mae says to Tuck upon waking?
3. What is Mae leading when she comes into the thicket?
4. How does Mae fasten the shawl around her shoulders?
5. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could Mae mean when she says that she, her husband and her sons have looked the same for eighty-seven years?
2. What do Mae and the boys do to Winnie after she was asking for a drink from the spring?
3. How and why does Winnie's attitude about the Tucks suddenly change?
4. What does Tuck mean when he says that Winnie is a "real, honest-to-goodness, natural child?"
5. What is the foreshadowing related to the spring itself?
6. What is the significance of the dream Tuck is having when Mae wakes him up?
7. The author compares the first week of August to a Ferris wheel. What does the author say is the similarity?
8. How is it that the Tucks learned of their immortality?
9. Why does Winnie say she wishes she had brothers or sisters?
10. Give two examples of imagery in the prologue.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)