|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
(a) Winnie's grandmother.
(b) No one.
(c) The stranger.
(d) The sheriff.
2. How many pockets are there in Mae's skirt?
3. What does Mae do when they pass the strange man with Winnie astride the horse?
(a) Screams for help.
(b) Says they're teaching her to ride.
4. How many rooms are there in the Tuck house?
5. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
(a) The Tucks.
(b) The Fosters.
(c) The Franklins.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tuck say would happen if people found out about the spring?
2. What time does the stranger appear at the Foster's gate?
3. What is the news that Tuck gets urging him to come back to the house?
4. What is the sound that makes Winnie stop crying?
5. Who sets Winnie down from the horse's back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Winnie's attitude about the Tucks suddenly change?
2. How is it that the Tucks learned of their immortality?
3. What are the three things the author says happens that appear to be mere coincidence?
4. What does Tuck mean when he says that he would get "back on the wheel" if he could?
5. What could Mae mean when she says that she, her husband and her sons have looked the same for eighty-seven years?
6. What does the stranger ask Winnie first and what does this seem to indicate?
7. What do Mae and the boys do to Winnie after she was asking for a drink from the spring?
8. What does Mae say about the reason her family members were the ones who drank from the spring?
9. What is Winnie's reaction to being kidnapped?
10. Why does Winnie say she will go with the Fosters willingly?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)