|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do passersby want to do when they reach the woods?
(a) Look for a spring.
(d) Make a lot of noise and throw a rock or two.
2. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
(a) No elbows on the table.
(b) No talking with your mouth full.
(c) No drinking from the milk jug.
(d) No conversation while eating.
3. What do passersby want to do when they pass the house?
(b) Make a lot of noise and throw a rock or two.
(d) Ask for a drink.
4. How long does Mae say she and her husband have lived in their current house?
(a) About a year.
(b) About fourteen years.
(c) About twenty years.
(d) Since they found the spring.
5. How does Mae plan to travel to Treegap?
(a) On a horse.
(b) On a sleigh.
(c) In a car.
(d) She's going to walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Winnie Foster set out from her house?
2. Why does Winnie leave her house?
3. Who is it that yells at Winnie that lunch is ready?
4. How many years ago did the Tucks come to the area?
5. Where is Mae's mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Fosters believe the spring words?
2. Why does Winnie say she will go with the Fosters willingly?
3. What is the music Winnie, her grandmother and the stranger hear? What do they believe it to be?
4. What does Mae tell Tuck she plans to do while in Treegap?
5. The author compares the first week of August to a Ferris wheel. What does the author say is the similarity?
6. Why does Winnie say she wishes she had brothers or sisters?
7. What is the question posed about land ownership?
8. What is Winnie's reaction to being kidnapped?
9. Winnie indicates that she's going to do something the following day. What does she say she's going to do and why?
10. What does Tuck mean when he says that he would get "back on the wheel" if he could?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)