|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winnie leave her house?
(a) She is on her way to meet Jesse and Miles.
(b) She is looking for Mae Tuck.
(c) She is running away.
(d) She wants to explore the woods.
2. What are the only two living things Winnie has found on that particular morning?
(a) A toad and a lizard.
(b) A toad and a cloud of gnats.
(c) A horse and Mae Tuck.
(d) Mae Tuck and a horsefly.
3. Which of the following was not part of the supper Winnie shares with the Tuck family her first night with them?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
4. Why does Mae say Winnie has to go home with them?
(a) To talk it out with Tuck.
(b) So that she can say she's run away from home.
(c) To have dinner with the family.
(d) So that the stranger can't find her.
5. What color is the straw hat Mae puts on?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Winnie go into the woods?
2. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
3. What kind of shoes is Winnie wearing when she gets into the rowboat with Tuck?
4. What does the man say he's looking for?
5. How long has it been since any member of the Tuck family changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Winnie say she will go with the Fosters willingly?
2. How is it that the Tucks learned of their immortality?
3. Why does Jesse say that it feels "fine" to tell somebody the story of the remarkable spring?
4. What is the foreshadowing related to the spring itself?
5. Why does Winnie say she wishes she had brothers or sisters?
6. Winnie indicates that she's going to do something the following day. What does she say she's going to do and why?
7. Why do the Fosters believe the spring words?
8. Give two examples of imagery in the prologue.
9. What is Mae's response when Tuck tells her that she shouldn't ride into town?
10. What is the music Winnie, her grandmother and the stranger hear? What do they believe it to be?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)