|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mae say she'll be return home?
(a) Late the following day.
(b) She doesn's say.
(c) In about a week.
(d) By lunchtime.
2. "Where" is the first week of August?
(a) Neither at the very top of summer nor at the top of the year.
(b) At the very top of summer.
(c) Both at the very top of summer and the top of the live-long year.
(d) At the very top of the live-long year.
3. What does Winnie discover that Jesse and Miles wore to go swimming?
(b) Their swimsuits.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their underwear.
4. Who is it that calls out to Tuck to come back to the house?
(c) The stranger.
5. What kind of songs does Jesse sing?
(a) Rock and Roll.
(b) Country songs.
(c) Sad songs.
(d) Funny songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tuck say he's going to do while Mae goes to Treegap?
2. Who does the stranger at the Foster's gate say he is looking for?
3. What does Mae do when they pass the strange man with Winnie astride the horse?
4. What does Winnie learn would be her fate if she drank from the spring?
5. What member of the Tuck group did not drink from the spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the stranger act when he goes to the Foster house?
2. What does the stranger say is his plan for the stream and what role does he want the Tucks to play?
3. Winnie indicates that she's going to do something the following day. What does she say she's going to do and why?
4. What is Tuck's reaction when Winnie arrives with Mae and the boys?
5. What are the changes that occur when the road to Treegap becomes the "property of people?"
6. What is it about the mosquito that makes Winnie suddenly decide to keep the secret of the spring?
7. The author compares the first week of August to a Ferris wheel. What does the author say is the similarity?
8. What does Mae say about the reason her family members were the ones who drank from the spring?
9. What does Winnie think about after she's poured the bottle of water on the toad?
10. What is the plan Jesse tells Winnie and what does she add to the plan?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)