|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since any member of the Tuck family changed?
(a) 43 years.
(b) 110 years.
(c) 147 years.
(d) 87 years.
2. Tuck says that having Winnie visit is the best thing in how many years?
(d) One hundred and four.
3. What color is the stranger's suit?
4. What does Winnie learn about Augustus Tuck trying to kill himself to prove whether he was truly immortal?
(a) He refused to eat.
(b) He cut off his foot.
(c) He shot himself in the heart.
(d) He ate poisoned mushrooms.
5. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) No one.
(c) Winnie's grandmother.
(d) The stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these words does the author use to describe the first week of August?
2. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things a traveler would find in the woods?
3. What does Mae say the loft of their home is used for?
4. What is it that conceals the spring that bubbles up in the middle of the woods?
5. What is Winnie doing when the stranger comes to the Foster's gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tuck's reaction when Winnie arrives with Mae and the boys?
2. The author compares the first week of August to a Ferris wheel. What does the author say is the similarity?
3. What does Tuck mean when he says that Winnie is a "real, honest-to-goodness, natural child?"
4. What could Mae mean when she says that she, her husband and her sons have looked the same for eighty-seven years?
5. What are the changes that occur when the road to Treegap becomes the "property of people?"
6. Why does Winnie say she will go with the Fosters willingly?
7. What does Tuck mean when he says that he would get "back on the wheel" if he could?
8. What is the question posed about land ownership?
9. What is the music Winnie, her grandmother and the stranger hear? What do they believe it to be?
10. What is Mae's response when Tuck tells her that she shouldn't ride into town?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)