|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Winnie at the gate?
(b) Jesse, Miles and Tuck.
2. Where does the stranger tie the Tucks' horse?
(a) To the barn door.
(b) To a tree.
(c) To a large rock.
(d) To the Foster's fence.
3. What image comes to Winnie's mind when she closes her eyes?
(a) Tuck's kind face.
(c) The blood on Mae's hands.
(d) The man in the yellow suit.
4. What do they have for breakfast the morning after Winnie and Miles go fishing?
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Nothing because they didn't keep the fish.
5. What sound does Winnie think she hears from inside the jail?
(a) The horse neighing.
(b) Mae calling out to her.
(c) Tuck crying.
(d) The tinkling of the music box.
6. Who does Jesse say came up with a plan to get Mae out of jail?
7. What time does Winnie wake up?
(a) Fifteen minutes after midnight.
(b) Four fifteen.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Five minutes till midnight.
8. Why does Winnie feel relief when it's time for supper?
(a) She's starving.
(b) It means it's almost midnight.
(c) She doesn't have to do dishes.
(d) It's something to do.
9. What does Winnie pour on the toad?
(a) A bowl of water from the house.
(b) Her glass of lemonade.
(c) The water Jesse gave her.
(d) Water from the garden hose.
10. What does Winnie do when Miles catches a fish?
(a) Asks him to let it go.
(b) Asks if that wil be enough for breakfast.
(c) Asks where they can catch another.
(d) Asks to fish some more herself.
11. What does Winnie take to her bedroom to drink?
(a) The water Jesse gave her.
(b) Iced tea.
(d) A cola.
12. Where is the shotgun after Mae hits the stranger with it?
(a) Mae is still holding it.
(b) Mae drops it on the ground.
(c) Mae gives it to Tuck.
(d) The constable takes it.
13. What words does the stranger use to describe the people who took Winnie?
(a) Rough and illiterate.
(b) Stupid and homely.
(c) Mean and tough.
(d) Kind and unusual.
14. What does Mae say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
(a) There aren't any fish in the pond.
(b) They were using the wrong bait.
(c) Miles doesn't know how to fish.
(d) Miles is out of practice.
15. What does Miles say was the name of his daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the constable say most criminals are sent to serve their jail time?
2. Who does the stranger say should go with him to get Winnie?
3. How far does the stranger tell the constable they have to go to find Winnie?
4. What time is it when the stranger arrives at Winnie's house?
5. How many kidnappings does he say he's investigated during his time as constable?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)