|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tuck wearing when he comes in to check on Winnie?
(a) A green robe.
(c) A pair of pants a a tee shirt.
(d) A long white nightshirt.
2. What does Jesse give Winne?
(a) A bottle of soda.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A bottle of the water.
(d) A bottle of grape juice.
3. What words does the stranger use to describe the people who took Winnie?
(a) Rough and illiterate.
(b) Mean and tough.
(c) Kind and unusual.
(d) Stupid and homely.
4. What does the person say who opens the door for the stranger?
(a) What do you want?.
(b) Go away.
(d) Come in.
5. What does Mae do to the man when he threatens to have Winnie drink the water?
(a) Shoots him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Hits him with a shotgun.
6. What is the flash of white Winnie sees from her bedroom window?
(a) A cell phone tower.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A fire.
(d) Heat lightning.
7. Where do Winnie's mother and grandmother spend their day?
(a) In the parlor.
(b) In the kichen.
(c) On the back porch.
(d) In the bedrooms.
8. Where does the stranger put his hat while he talks to the Fosters?
(a) On his knee.
(b) On a peg by the door.
(c) On the back of the chair.
(d) On the table.
9. What does Winnie do when Miles catches a fish?
(a) Asks him to let it go.
(b) Asks where they can catch another.
(c) Asks to fish some more herself.
(d) Asks if that wil be enough for breakfast.
10. What does the stranger insist must be done to make the trade legal?
(b) It must be written on a piece of paper.
(c) It must be filed at the courthouse.
(d) The men must shake hands.
11. What does Winnie sit in back in her room at home?
(a) Her mother's lap.
(b) A swing in the back yard.
(c) Her father's chair.
(d) A small rocking chair.
12. Who confronts Winnie the moment she gets out of bed?
(a) Her mother.
(b) No one.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
13. What does the man want in return for telling Winnie's whereabouts?
(a) Ownership of the woods.
(b) Water from the spring.
(c) The Foster's House.
14. How many kidnappings does he say he's investigated during his time as constable?
(b) Too many to count.
(c) Just one.
(d) This is the first.
15. What does Winnie say to her family that makes them understand the reason she acted as she did?
(a) That the Tucks had a mysterious secret.
(b) That she knew Mae was innocent.
(c) That she was bored.
(d) That the Tucks were her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the constable doing when he discovers Winnie is in the cell instead of Mae?
2. Who opens the door of Winnie's house?
3. What do Winnie and Miles use for bait?
4. What time does Winnie wake up?
5. What does Winnie say to Tuck as she's being taken away?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)