|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the family doesn't come to see her before she goes to sleep?
2. Where does Mae make a bed for Winnie to sleep that night?
(a) On a folding cot.
(b) In the loft.
(c) On the sofa.
(d) On a chair.
3. What color is the dragonfly that darts near the rowboat while Winnie and Miles are fishing?
4. What subject does the stranger not study in his effort to learn about the family who doesn't age?
5. How long does the constable say he's been in charge?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) He doesn't say.
6. What image comes to Winnie's mind when she closes her eyes?
(a) The man in the yellow suit.
(b) Tuck's kind face.
(d) The blood on Mae's hands.
7. What does Winnie do when Miles catches a fish?
(a) Asks to fish some more herself.
(b) Asks him to let it go.
(c) Asks where they can catch another.
(d) Asks if that wil be enough for breakfast.
8. What kind of fish does Miles predict will be among the lily pads?
9. What does Winnie say to her family that makes them understand the reason she acted as she did?
(a) That the Tucks were her friends.
(b) That she was bored.
(c) That the Tucks had a mysterious secret.
(d) That she knew Mae was innocent.
10. Why does Winnie feel relief when it's time for supper?
(a) It means it's almost midnight.
(b) She's starving.
(c) It's something to do.
(d) She doesn't have to do dishes.
11. What color is the jailhouse painted?
(b) It's unpainted.
12. How does the stranger discover the Fosters' gate is unlocked?
(a) He asks Winnie.
(b) He calls out.
(c) He tries it.
(d) He asks Winnie's grandmother.
13. Who is waiting for Winnie at the gate?
(c) Jesse, Miles and Tuck.
14. What sound does Winnie think she hears from inside the jail?
(a) Mae calling out to her.
(b) Tuck crying.
(c) The horse neighing.
(d) The tinkling of the music box.
15. What does Jesse say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
(a) They were using the wrong bait.
(b) Miles is out of practice.
(c) Miles doesn't know how to fish.
(d) There aren't any fish in the pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the stranger tell the constable they have to go to find Winnie?
2. Where do Winnie's mother and grandmother spend their day?
3. Who is Winnie allowed to leave the yard with after the incident at the jail?
4. What does the constable say they must do with the stranger?
5. Where is the shotgun after Mae hits the stranger with it?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)