Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the stranger say he's going to go ahead?
(a) He says he's worried about the child.
(b) He says he wants to return the horse.
(c) He says he's too tired to wait for the constable.
(d) He doesn't say.
2. What does Mae do to the man when he threatens to have Winnie drink the water?
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Hits him with a shotgun.
(d) Shoots him.
3. Why does Miles use oil on the window?
(a) To keep the nails from making a sound as they are pulled out.
(b) To eliminate the possibility of fingerprints.
(c) There isn't a reason.
(d) So that Mae can slip through more easily.
4. How does the man say he knew about the Tucks?
(a) He happened to find the spring.
(b) His mother had told him the story.
(c) His grandmother told him the story.
(d) He'd read about the story in college.
5. What does the constable say about the man in the yellow suit?
(a) That he died.
(b) That he has recovered.
(c) That he's going to jail.
(d) That he has run away.
6. What color is the jailhouse painted?
(c) It's unpainted.
7. What does the stranger say he's going to do with the land he's gotten from the Fosters?
(a) He's going to make a hotel.
(b) He's going to sell water from the spring.
(c) He doesn't say.
(d) He's going to build a house.
8. Where does the stranger put his hat while he talks to the Fosters?
(a) On a peg by the door.
(b) On his knee.
(c) On the table.
(d) On the back of the chair.
9. Who does Winnie tell her grandmother she's talking to?
(a) Just a boy.
(d) The constable.
10. Which of the family does Winnie say is the "dearest of them all?"
11. What does the man say he plans to do with the water?
(a) Hide it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Save it.
12. How far does the stranger tell the constable they have to go to find Winnie?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) Sixteen miles.
13. What does Mae say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
(a) There aren't any fish in the pond.
(b) Miles is out of practice.
(c) Miles doesn't know how to fish.
(d) They were using the wrong bait.
14. What time is it when the stranger arrives at Winnie's house?
(a) Almost midnight.
(b) Just after ten o'clock.
(c) There's no indication of the time.
(d) Almost noon.
15. What words does the stranger use to describe the people who took Winnie?
(a) Stupid and homely.
(b) Rough and illiterate.
(c) Mean and tough.
(d) Kind and unusual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Winnie plan to provide water for the toad?
2. What subject does the stranger not study in his effort to learn about the family who doesn't age?
3. Why does Winnie feel relief when it's time for supper?
4. What does the man want in return for telling Winnie's whereabouts?
5. Who confronts Winnie the moment she gets out of bed?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)