|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger say he's going to do with the land he's gotten from the Fosters?
(a) He's going to build a house.
(b) He's going to make a hotel.
(c) He's going to sell water from the spring.
(d) He doesn't say.
2. What is it that makes Winnie pick up the toad?
(a) It is about to be run over.
(b) A dog is threatening it.
(c) Winnie believes it's thirsty.
(d) Her friends dare her to.
3. What does Mae do to the man when he threatens to have Winnie drink the water?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Shoots him.
(d) Hits him with a shotgun.
4. What does Miles say was the name of his daughter?
5. Who lifts Winnie through the window and into the jail?
6. What does Winnie do with the bottle Jesse gave her?
(a) Puts it in her grandmother's drink.
(b) Pours it out.
(c) Hides it in a drawer.
(d) Drinks it.
7. What time is it when the stranger arrives at Winnie's house?
(a) Almost noon.
(b) Almost midnight.
(c) Just after ten o'clock.
(d) There's no indication of the time.
8. What does the stranger insist must be done to make the trade legal?
(a) It must be filed at the courthouse.
(c) The men must shake hands.
(d) It must be written on a piece of paper.
9. What color is the jailhouse painted?
(d) It's unpainted.
10. What does Mae answer when the constable asks why she hit the man?
(a) That he wanted Winnie to drink from the spring.
(b) That he had hit her first.
(c) That he had threatened to tell their secret.
(d) That he was trying to take the child away.
11. Who does Jesse say came up with a plan to get Mae out of jail?
12. What does the constable say about the kidnapping charges against the Tucks?
(a) That they won't be charged because the murder charge is more important.
(b) That they will all be charged except the youngest, Jesse.
(c) That they will all be charged and hanged.
(d) That they wont' be charged because Winnie says she went willingly.
13. In what room do the Fosters hear the stranger's story of Winnie's abduction?
(a) At the front door.
(b) In Winnie's room.
(c) In the parlor.
(d) In the kitchen .
14. Why does Winnie feel relief when it's time for supper?
(a) It means it's almost midnight.
(b) She doesn't have to do dishes.
(c) It's something to do.
(d) She's starving.
15. Who is waiting for Winnie at the gate?
(c) Jesse, Miles and Tuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the shotgun after Mae hits the stranger with it?
2. Who goes to answer the door?
3. Where does the constable say most criminals are sent to serve their jail time?
4. What image comes to Winnie's mind when she closes her eyes?
5. What subject does the stranger not study in his effort to learn about the family who doesn't age?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)