Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mae make a bed for Winnie to sleep that night?
(a) On a folding cot.
(b) On the sofa.
(c) On a chair.
(d) In the loft.
2. What do Winnie's mother and grandmother do all day?
(a) Work on a quilt.
(b) Cook dinner and can peaches.
(c) Fan themselves and drink lemonade.
(d) Work in the garden.
3. What does the stranger insist must be done to make the trade legal?
(b) It must be written on a piece of paper.
(c) It must be filed at the courthouse.
(d) The men must shake hands.
4. What does Winnie say to Tuck as she's being taken away?
(a) Everything's going to be all right.
(b) I'll help get Mae out of jail.
(c) Don't try to follow us.
(d) Take good care of the stranger.
5. Where does the stranger tie the Tucks' horse?
(a) To a tree.
(b) To the Foster's fence.
(c) To the barn door.
(d) To a large rock.
6. What does Winnie sleep in that night?
(a) One of Jesse's shirt.
(b) Her own nightgown.
(c) Mae's spare nightgown.
(d) Her own clothes.
7. How does the man say he knew about the Tucks?
(a) He happened to find the spring.
(b) He'd read about the story in college.
(c) His grandmother told him the story.
(d) His mother had told him the story.
8. Which of the family does Winnie say is the "dearest of them all?"
9. How does Winnie plan to provide water for the toad?
(a) She turns on the water hose.
(b) She is going to carry the toad to the pond.
(c) She is going to take the toad inside to the tub.
(d) She carries a bowl of water outside.
10. What does Mae answer when the constable asks why she hit the man?
(a) That he wanted Winnie to drink from the spring.
(b) That he was trying to take the child away.
(c) That he had hit her first.
(d) That he had threatened to tell their secret.
11. What does the constable say they must do with the stranger?
(a) Take him to town.
(b) Take him to the gallows.
(c) Take him to the Fosters.
(d) Take him in the house.
12. What time does Winnie wake up?
(a) Four fifteen.
(b) Five minutes till midnight.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Fifteen minutes after midnight.
13. What time is it when the stranger arrives at Winnie's house?
(a) Almost noon.
(b) Just after ten o'clock.
(c) There's no indication of the time.
(d) Almost midnight.
14. What does the constable say will happen to Mae if the man dies?
(a) She'll be released .
(b) She'll be sent to prison.
(c) She'll be taken to jail.
(d) She'll be taken to the gallows.
15. What does Winnie sit in back in her room at home?
(a) A swing in the back yard.
(b) Her mother's lap.
(c) A small rocking chair.
(d) Her father's chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Winnie overhear the constable's news?
2. Why does Winnie feel relief when it's time for supper?
3. What subject does the stranger not study in his effort to learn about the family who doesn't age?
4. How many kidnappings does he say he's investigated during his time as constable?
5. Who goes to answer the door?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)