|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does the stranger not study in his effort to learn about the family who doesn't age?
2. Who lifts Winnie through the window and into the jail?
3. Why had Mae put flapjack crumbs in the table drawer?
(a) To save for later.
(b) For the mouse to eat.
(c) There's no reason at all.
(d) She doesn't have a trash can.
4. Which of the family doesn't come to see her before she goes to sleep?
5. Who confronts Winnie the moment she gets out of bed?
(a) No one.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
6. How many kidnappings does he say he's investigated during his time as constable?
(a) Too many to count.
(b) This is the first.
(d) Just one.
7. What image comes to Winnie's mind when she closes her eyes?
(b) The blood on Mae's hands.
(c) Tuck's kind face.
(d) The man in the yellow suit.
8. Where does Mae make a bed for Winnie to sleep that night?
(a) On the sofa.
(b) On a chair.
(c) In the loft.
(d) On a folding cot.
9. What does Winnie pour on the toad?
(a) Water from the garden hose.
(b) Her glass of lemonade.
(c) The water Jesse gave her.
(d) A bowl of water from the house.
10. What does the man want in return for telling Winnie's whereabouts?
(a) Ownership of the woods.
(c) Water from the spring.
(d) The Foster's House.
11. What does the stranger say?
(b) That he knows where the little girl is.
(c) That he needs something to eat .
(d) That he has a horse for sale.
12. What does Winnie do when a mosquito lands on her knee?
(a) Shooes it away.
(b) Catches it.
(c) Waits for it to fly away.
(d) Swats it.
13. Where does the stranger put his hat while he talks to the Fosters?
(a) On the table.
(b) On his knee.
(c) On the back of the chair.
(d) On a peg by the door.
14. What does Winnie sleep in that night?
(a) Her own nightgown.
(b) Her own clothes.
(c) One of Jesse's shirt.
(d) Mae's spare nightgown.
15. What words does the stranger use to describe the people who took Winnie?
(a) Kind and unusual.
(b) Mean and tough.
(c) Stupid and homely.
(d) Rough and illiterate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the constable say they must do with the stranger?
2. What does the person say who opens the door for the stranger?
3. What does the stranger say people came to believe about this family that didn't age?
4. What does Winnie say to Tuck as she's being taken away?
5. Who opens the door of Winnie's house?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)