|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie take to her bedroom to drink?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) The water Jesse gave her.
(d) A cola.
2. Why does Winnie say the entire escapade is difficult for her family?
(a) Because they wanted Winnie to be punished.
(b) Because they are proud.
(c) Because they had to pay a fine .
(d) Because they wanted to meet the Tucks.
3. What is the constable doing when he discovers Winnie is in the cell instead of Mae?
(a) Making a check of the prisoners.
(b) Opening the window.
(c) Looking for Winnie.
(d) Bringing Mae's breakfast.
4. Why does the stranger say he's going to go ahead?
(a) He says he's too tired to wait for the constable.
(b) He says he wants to return the horse.
(c) He says he's worried about the child.
(d) He doesn't say.
5. Who does Winnie tell her grandmother she's talking to?
(a) The constable.
(b) Just a boy.
6. What does Jesse ask Winnie to do?
(a) Drink from the spring the following day.
(b) Ask Tuck if she should drink from the spring.
(c) Drink from the spring when she's seventeen.
(d) Never drink from the spring.
7. How does the man say he knew about the Tucks?
(a) His mother had told him the story.
(b) He'd read about the story in college.
(c) His grandmother told him the story.
(d) He happened to find the spring.
8. What time is it when the stranger arrives at Winnie's house?
(a) Just after ten o'clock.
(b) There's no indication of the time.
(c) Almost midnight.
(d) Almost noon.
9. What does the man say he plans to do with the water?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Save it.
(c) Sell it.
10. What does the stranger say?
(b) That he knows where the little girl is.
(c) That he needs something to eat .
(d) That he has a horse for sale.
11. What does Winnie do when a mosquito lands on her knee?
(a) Catches it.
(b) Swats it.
(c) Shooes it away.
(d) Waits for it to fly away.
12. What color is the dragonfly that darts near the rowboat while Winnie and Miles are fishing?
13. Why had Mae put flapjack crumbs in the table drawer?
(a) For the mouse to eat.
(b) To save for later.
(c) There's no reason at all.
(d) She doesn't have a trash can.
14. Who confronts Winnie the moment she gets out of bed?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) No one.
15. What does Mae answer when the constable asks why she hit the man?
(a) That he was trying to take the child away.
(b) That he wanted Winnie to drink from the spring.
(c) That he had threatened to tell their secret.
(d) That he had hit her first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the stranger put his hat?
2. Why does Miles use oil on the window?
3. What does Winnie say to Tuck as she's being taken away?
4. What words does the stranger use to describe the people who took Winnie?
5. What does the person say who opens the door for the stranger?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)