|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tuck wearing when he comes in to check on Winnie?
(a) A green robe.
(c) A long white nightshirt.
(d) A pair of pants a a tee shirt.
2. What does Winnie do with the bottle Jesse gave her?
(a) Hides it in a drawer.
(b) Drinks it.
(c) Pours it out.
(d) Puts it in her grandmother's drink.
3. Who goes to answer the door?
4. Where is the shotgun after Mae hits the stranger with it?
(a) Mae is still holding it.
(b) Mae gives it to Tuck.
(c) Mae drops it on the ground.
(d) The constable takes it.
5. What does the man want in return for telling Winnie's whereabouts?
(a) Ownership of the woods.
(b) Water from the spring.
(c) The Foster's House.
6. What color is the dragonfly that darts near the rowboat while Winnie and Miles are fishing?
7. Why does Winnie say the entire escapade is difficult for her family?
(a) Because they wanted Winnie to be punished.
(b) Because they had to pay a fine .
(c) Because they are proud.
(d) Because they wanted to meet the Tucks.
8. What does the stranger say?
(a) That he knows where the little girl is.
(c) That he has a horse for sale.
(d) That he needs something to eat .
9. What color is the jailhouse painted?
(a) It's unpainted.
10. Which of the family doesn't come to see her before she goes to sleep?
11. What does Jesse give Winne?
(a) A bottle of the water.
(b) A bottle of soda.
(c) A bottle of grape juice.
(d) A bottle of wine.
12. What does the stranger say he's going to do with the land he's gotten from the Fosters?
(a) He's going to build a house.
(b) He's going to make a hotel.
(c) He's going to sell water from the spring.
(d) He doesn't say.
13. What does Winnie say the stranger looks like?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) A toad.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A marionette.
14. What does the constable say they must do with the stranger?
(a) Take him to the gallows.
(b) Take him to town.
(c) Take him in the house.
(d) Take him to the Fosters.
15. Which of the family does Winnie say is the "dearest of them all?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the flash of white Winnie sees from her bedroom window?
2. How long does the constable say he's been in charge?
3. Where does the stranger put his hat?
4. How does Winnie plan to provide water for the toad?
5. Why does the stranger say he's going to go ahead?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)