|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the constable say they must do with the stranger?
(a) Take him to town.
(b) Take him to the Fosters.
(c) Take him in the house.
(d) Take him to the gallows.
2. What does Mae say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
(a) They were using the wrong bait.
(b) There aren't any fish in the pond.
(c) Miles doesn't know how to fish.
(d) Miles is out of practice.
3. Who confronts Winnie the moment she gets out of bed?
(a) No one.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
4. What color is the dragonfly that darts near the rowboat while Winnie and Miles are fishing?
5. Why does Winnie say the entire escapade is difficult for her family?
(a) Because they wanted Winnie to be punished.
(b) Because they had to pay a fine .
(c) Because they wanted to meet the Tucks.
(d) Because they are proud.
6. Why does Miles use oil on the window?
(a) There isn't a reason.
(b) To keep the nails from making a sound as they are pulled out.
(c) So that Mae can slip through more easily.
(d) To eliminate the possibility of fingerprints.
7. Who does Jesse say came up with a plan to get Mae out of jail?
8. What is it that makes Winnie pick up the toad?
(a) Winnie believes it's thirsty.
(b) A dog is threatening it.
(c) It is about to be run over.
(d) Her friends dare her to.
9. What do they have for breakfast the morning after Winnie and Miles go fishing?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(c) Nothing because they didn't keep the fish.
10. What does the constable say about the man in the yellow suit?
(a) That he died.
(b) That he has recovered.
(c) That he's going to jail.
(d) That he has run away.
11. What is Tuck wearing when he comes in to check on Winnie?
(a) A long white nightshirt.
(b) A pair of pants a a tee shirt.
(d) A green robe.
12. Who lifts Winnie through the window and into the jail?
13. What does Mae do to the man when he threatens to have Winnie drink the water?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Hits him with a shotgun.
(c) Yells at him.
14. Who goes to answer the door?
15. What does the person say who opens the door for the stranger?
(a) What do you want?.
(b) Come in.
(d) Go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the constable say will happen to Mae if the man dies?
2. Where do Winnie's mother and grandmother spend their day?
3. How does Winnie plan to provide water for the toad?
4. What does the stranger say?
5. Where does the constable say most criminals are sent to serve their jail time?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)