|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie sleep in that night?
(a) One of Jesse's shirt.
(b) Her own nightgown.
(c) Mae's spare nightgown.
(d) Her own clothes.
2. How long does the constable say he's been in charge?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
3. What does the constable say will happen to Mae if the man dies?
(a) She'll be taken to the gallows.
(b) She'll be taken to jail.
(c) She'll be sent to prison.
(d) She'll be released .
4. Why does Miles use oil on the window?
(a) To eliminate the possibility of fingerprints.
(b) To keep the nails from making a sound as they are pulled out.
(c) So that Mae can slip through more easily.
(d) There isn't a reason.
5. What does the stranger say?
(a) That he knows where the little girl is.
(b) That he has a horse for sale.
(d) That he needs something to eat .
6. Which of the family doesn't come to see her before she goes to sleep?
7. What does Winnie do with the bottle Jesse gave her?
(a) Puts it in her grandmother's drink.
(b) Hides it in a drawer.
(c) Pours it out.
(d) Drinks it.
8. What does Winnie say to Tuck as she's being taken away?
(a) I'll help get Mae out of jail.
(b) Don't try to follow us.
(c) Everything's going to be all right.
(d) Take good care of the stranger.
9. Who does Winnie tell her grandmother she's talking to?
(b) The constable.
(d) Just a boy.
10. What color is the jailhouse painted?
(d) It's unpainted.
11. What does Jesse give Winne?
(a) A bottle of grape juice.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A bottle of the water.
(d) A bottle of soda.
12. Where does the constable say most criminals are sent to serve their jail time?
(b) Clear Creek.
(c) He doesn't say.
13. In what room do the Fosters hear the stranger's story of Winnie's abduction?
(a) In the kitchen .
(b) At the front door.
(c) In Winnie's room.
(d) In the parlor.
14. Who goes to answer the door?
15. What does Mae do to the man when he threatens to have Winnie drink the water?
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Hits him with a shotgun.
(d) Shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man say he knew about the Tucks?
2. What does Jesse ask Winnie to do?
3. Where do Winnie's mother and grandmother spend their day?
4. Who lifts Winnie through the window and into the jail?
5. What is Mae's reaction when they hear a knock on the door?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)