|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mae make a bed for Winnie to sleep that night?
(a) On a folding cot.
(b) In the loft.
(c) On a chair.
(d) On the sofa.
2. What does Mae say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
(a) Miles doesn't know how to fish.
(b) They were using the wrong bait.
(c) Miles is out of practice.
(d) There aren't any fish in the pond.
3. In what room do the Fosters hear the stranger's story of Winnie's abduction?
(a) At the front door.
(b) In the parlor.
(c) In Winnie's room.
(d) In the kitchen .
4. Where does the stranger put his hat?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On the mantel.
(c) On the back of the chair.
(d) On the table.
5. What does the stranger insist must be done to make the trade legal?
(a) It must be written on a piece of paper.
(c) It must be filed at the courthouse.
(d) The men must shake hands.
6. Where does the stranger tie the Tucks' horse?
(a) To the barn door.
(b) To a large rock.
(c) To the Foster's fence.
(d) To a tree.
7. How long does the constable say he's been in charge?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
8. What do Winnie and Miles use for bait?
(a) Pork fat.
9. What does Winnie say to her family that makes them understand the reason she acted as she did?
(a) That the Tucks were her friends.
(b) That she knew Mae was innocent.
(c) That the Tucks had a mysterious secret.
(d) That she was bored.
10. What does Winnie's grandmother say about how a toad drinks?
(a) That they drink only fresh water.
(b) That they drink only from running water.
(c) That they absorb water like a sponge.
(d) That they drink only from ponds.
11. What do Winnie's mother and grandmother do all day?
(a) Work in the garden.
(b) Work on a quilt.
(c) Fan themselves and drink lemonade.
(d) Cook dinner and can peaches.
12. How does the stranger discover the Fosters' gate is unlocked?
(a) He calls out.
(b) He asks Winnie's grandmother.
(c) He tries it.
(d) He asks Winnie.
13. What does Jesse say is the reason Miles and Winnie didn't catch any fish?
(a) There aren't any fish in the pond.
(b) Miles is out of practice.
(c) Miles doesn't know how to fish.
(d) They were using the wrong bait.
14. Which of the family doesn't come to see her before she goes to sleep?
15. What is Mae's reaction when they hear a knock on the door?
(a) She asks Winnie who it could be.
(b) She drops her fork.
(c) She screams.
(d) She yells, "come in".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mae answer when the constable asks why she hit the man?
2. What is Tuck wearing when he comes in to check on Winnie?
3. What does Winnie say to Tuck as she's being taken away?
4. What does the man say he plans to do with the water?
5. What subject does the stranger not study in his effort to learn about the family who doesn't age?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)