|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish does Miles predict will be among the lily pads?
2. What does the stranger say?
(a) That he needs something to eat .
(b) That he has a horse for sale.
(c) That he knows where the little girl is.
3. Who is waiting for Winnie at the gate?
(a) Jesse, Miles and Tuck.
4. What does Winnie do when a mosquito lands on her knee?
(a) Catches it.
(b) Shooes it away.
(c) Swats it.
(d) Waits for it to fly away.
5. What do Winnie's mother and grandmother do all day?
(a) Fan themselves and drink lemonade.
(b) Cook dinner and can peaches.
(c) Work on a quilt.
(d) Work in the garden.
6. How long does the constable say he's been in charge?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
7. How far does the stranger tell the constable they have to go to find Winnie?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Sixteen miles.
(d) Twenty miles.
8. What does Winnie do when Miles catches a fish?
(a) Asks him to let it go.
(b) Asks to fish some more herself.
(c) Asks if that wil be enough for breakfast.
(d) Asks where they can catch another.
9. What does Jesse ask Winnie to do?
(a) Drink from the spring the following day.
(b) Drink from the spring when she's seventeen.
(c) Never drink from the spring.
(d) Ask Tuck if she should drink from the spring.
10. Why does the stranger say he's going to go ahead?
(a) He says he's worried about the child.
(b) He doesn't say.
(c) He says he wants to return the horse.
(d) He says he's too tired to wait for the constable.
11. Who does Winnie tell her grandmother she's talking to?
(c) The constable.
(d) Just a boy.
12. Where does the stranger tie the Tucks' horse?
(a) To a large rock.
(b) To the Foster's fence.
(c) To a tree.
(d) To the barn door.
13. How does the stranger discover the Fosters' gate is unlocked?
(a) He asks Winnie's grandmother.
(b) He tries it.
(c) He calls out.
(d) He asks Winnie.
14. What time is it when the stranger arrives at Winnie's house?
(a) There's no indication of the time.
(b) Almost noon.
(c) Just after ten o'clock.
(d) Almost midnight.
15. Where does the constable say most criminals are sent to serve their jail time?
(a) Clear Creek.
(c) He doesn't say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image comes to Winnie's mind when she closes her eyes?
2. Where does Mae make a bed for Winnie to sleep that night?
3. Why does Winnie feel relief when it's time for supper?
4. Which of the family doesn't come to see her before she goes to sleep?
5. Who confronts Winnie the moment she gets out of bed?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)