|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries Winnie after she's tired?
2. What kind of pet does Winnie say she might like to have?
(a) A dog.
(b) A toad.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A pony.
3. Why does Jesse tell Winnie that she cannot have a drink of the water?
(a) He says it's dirty.
(b) He says it tastes bad.
(c) He says her father wouldn't like it.
(d) He says it's all gone.
4. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
(a) A music box.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A letter.
(d) A canteen.
5. What surrounds the first house on the road to Treegap?
(a) A four-foot iron fence.
(b) A four-foot moat.
(c) A picket fence.
(d) Dense hedges.
6. Why does Winnie leave her house?
(a) She is running away.
(b) She is looking for Mae Tuck.
(c) She is on her way to meet Jesse and Miles.
(d) She wants to explore the woods.
7. Why does Mae say Winnie has to go home with them?
(a) So that the stranger can't find her.
(b) To talk it out with Tuck.
(c) So that she can say she's run away from home.
(d) To have dinner with the family.
8. How old is Winnie?
(a) Ten, going on eleven.
(b) Sixteen, going on seventeen.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) Eleven, going on twelve.
9. Who does the stranger at the Foster's gate say he is looking for?
(a) Mae Tuck.
(b) Jesse and Miles.
(c) He doesn't say.
(d) Winnie Foster.
10. What does Tuck say would happen if people found out about the spring?
(b) That they would rush to it.
(c) That they would give the water to everyone.
(d) That they would bulldoze it under.
11. Which of the following is true of Winnie's beliefs?
(a) Winnie believes in magic.
(b) Winnie doesn't believe in fairy tales.
(c) Winnie has always wanted a magic wand.
(d) Winnie believes fairy tales are true.
12. What is Mae leading when she comes into the thicket?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cow.
13. What is the first thing Mae says to Tuck upon waking?
(a) The boys will be home tomorrow.
(b) We need to clean the cobwebs.
(c) We're all going to the river.
(d) Jesse and Miles are planning a picnic.
14. What is Winnie doing on that particular morning in the first week of August?
(a) Cleaning house.
(b) Talking to a toad.
(c) Chasing fireflies.
(d) Doing chores.
15. What time does Winnie Foster set out from her house?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At ten in the morning.
(c) At noontime.
(d) At midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
2. What color are Jesse's suspenders?
3. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
4. How many children did Miles have?
5. How long does Mae say she and her husband have lived in their current house?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)