|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things a traveler would find in the woods?
2. Why do people usually go around the woods?
(a) The road goes around the woods and they're scary.
(b) The Fosters own the land and people are scared of them.
(c) The road is filled with thorns.
(d) The road goes around the woods and the Fosters own it.
3. Tuck says that his family is no longer part of life, but are like what?
(a) A horse pulling a wagon.
(b) Water being recycled.
(c) Rocks beside the road.
(d) A boat going across a pond.
4. What do passersby want to do when they reach the woods?
(a) Look for a spring.
(b) Make a lot of noise and throw a rock or two.
5. How often does Mae Tuck make this journey?
(a) Every ten years.
(b) Every year.
(c) Every month.
(d) Every week.
6. What color is the Tuck house?
7. What does Winnie do when she passes by the strange man after having been kidnapped by the Tucks?
(b) Screams for help.
(c) Tells him she's learning to ride.
8. What does Mae use as a fan?
(a) Her handkerchief.
(b) A letter.
(c) A leaf.
(d) Her hat.
9. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A music box.
(c) A letter.
(d) A canteen.
10. What words are used to describe the fingers of the stranger?
(a) Graceful and white.
(b) White and ugly.
(c) Pale blue and chubby.
(d) Long and skinny.
11. What is it that Winnie discovers lives in the table drawer at the Tuck home?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A kitten.
(d) An elf.
12. What member of the Tuck group did not drink from the spring?
(a) The horse.
(b) The toad.
(d) The cat.
13. What are the only two living things Winnie has found on that particular morning?
(a) A horse and Mae Tuck.
(b) A toad and a cloud of gnats.
(c) A toad and a lizard.
(d) Mae Tuck and a horsefly.
14. What surrounds the first house on the road to Treegap?
(a) A four-foot moat.
(b) A four-foot iron fence.
(c) A picket fence.
(d) Dense hedges.
15. How long does Mae say she and her husband have lived in their current house?
(a) About fourteen years.
(b) About twenty years.
(c) About a year.
(d) Since they found the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
2. What is the first creature Winnie hears when she and Tuck get into the rowboat at the pond?
3. What is it that Mae is looking at when she first wakes on the day before Jesse and Miles are to come home?
4. How many brothers and sisters does Winnie Foster have?
5. How many nights does Winnie say she has spent away from home?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)