|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pockets are there in Mae's skirt?
2. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
(a) A radio.
(b) A circus.
(c) Elves .
(d) A music box.
3. How does Winnie discover she's supposed to get the maple syrup off her fingers while she eats?
(a) Go to the pond for water.
(b) Lick them.
(c) Wipe them on a napkin.
(d) Wipe them on her shirt.
4. How does Mae fasten the shawl around her shoulders?
(a) With a tarnished metal brooch.
(b) With a button.
(c) With a string.
(d) With a safety pin.
5. Who is it that calls out to Tuck to come back to the house?
(a) The stranger.
6. What does Mae say the loft of their home is used for?
(a) Mae sews there.
(b) Miles and Jesse sleep there when they return home.
(c) Miles and Jesse do their carpentry there.
(d) The loft is used only for storage.
7. Why does Mae say Winnie has to go home with them?
(a) To have dinner with the family.
(b) So that she can say she's run away from home.
(c) To talk it out with Tuck.
(d) So that the stranger can't find her.
8. What time does Mae Tuck set out for the village?
(a) At noon.
(b) At ten in the morning.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At dawn.
9. How many children did Miles have?
10. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
(a) The Fosters.
(b) No one.
(c) The Tucks.
(d) The Franklins.
11. Who carries Winnie after she's tired?
12. Why does Winnie leave her house?
(a) She is on her way to meet Jesse and Miles.
(b) She wants to explore the woods.
(c) She is running away.
(d) She is looking for Mae Tuck.
13. How many years ago did the Tucks come to the area?
14. Who is it that yells at Winnie that lunch is ready?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Mae Tuck.
15. What color are Jesse's suspenders?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many petticoats does Mae put on?
2. What surrounds the first house on the road to Treegap?
3. Why does Mae say they had to bring Winnie home with them?
4. What is the first thing Miles and Jesse do when they arrive home?
5. What had been the Tucks' plan?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)