|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not part of the supper Winnie shares with the Tuck family her first night with them?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
2. What time does the stranger appear at the Foster's gate?
(a) At noontime.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At sunset.
3. What is the smell that comes from the wardrobe in the Tucks' bedroom?
4. What kind of shoes is Winnie wearing when she gets into the rowboat with Tuck?
(b) She's barefoot.
(c) Flip flops.
(d) Tennis shoes.
5. Who is it that calls out to Tuck to come back to the house?
(c) The stranger.
6. What time does Mae Tuck set out for the village?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At ten in the morning.
(c) At noon.
(d) At midnight.
7. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
(a) The Tucks.
(b) The Fosters.
(c) The Franklins.
(d) No one.
8. What is Winnie doing on that particular morning in the first week of August?
(a) Cleaning house.
(b) Chasing fireflies.
(c) Doing chores.
(d) Talking to a toad.
9. What does Mae use for a towel after she washes her face in the stream?
(a) A towel.
(b) Her shawl.
(c) The bottom of her dress.
(d) The horse blanket.
10. What is the first creature Winnie hears when she and Tuck get into the rowboat at the pond?
(a) A frog.
(b) Jesse yelling.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) A mocking bird.
11. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
(a) No elbows on the table.
(b) No conversation while eating.
(c) No talking with your mouth full.
(d) No drinking from the milk jug.
12. How often does Mae Tuck make this journey?
(a) Every year.
(b) Every ten years.
(c) Every week.
(d) Every month.
13. What is the name of the village where Mae is going?
(b) Three Acre Wood.
14. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
(a) A letter.
(b) A music box.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A canteen.
15. How often does Winnie go into the woods?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once in a while.
(c) Only once.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Winnie?
2. Who sets Winnie down from the horse's back?
3. How does Mae plan to travel to Treegap?
4. What color is the stranger's suit?
5. What is the news that Tuck gets urging him to come back to the house?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)