|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) Winnie's grandmother.
(c) The stranger.
(d) No one.
2. What kind of tree is at the center of the woods?
(a) A giant apple tree.
(b) A giant ash.
(c) A giant oak.
(d) A giant sycamore.
3. What is Mae leading when she comes into the thicket?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cow.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A horse.
4. What color are Jesse's suspenders?
5. What is the sound that makes Winnie stop crying?
(a) The running water.
(b) Mae's quiet voice.
(c) Her mother calling her.
(d) The music box.
6. Why does Jesse tell Winnie that she cannot have a drink of the water?
(a) He says it tastes bad.
(b) He says it's all gone.
(c) He says it's dirty.
(d) He says her father wouldn't like it.
7. What do Jesse, Mae, Miles and Winnie have to eat on the way back to the Tucks' house?
(a) Bread and cheese.
(b) Wild berries.
(c) Bologna sandwiches.
(d) Peanut butter.
8. When does Mae say they'll take Winnie home?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) In a few weeks.
(d) The following day.
9. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
(a) The Fosters.
(b) The Tucks.
(c) The Franklins.
(d) No one.
10. What is the first thing Mae says to Tuck upon waking?
(a) We need to clean the cobwebs.
(b) The boys will be home tomorrow.
(c) We're all going to the river.
(d) Jesse and Miles are planning a picnic.
11. What kind of pet does Winnie say she might like to have?
(a) A pony.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A toad.
(d) A dog.
12. What is Jesse doing when Winnie first sees him?
(a) Drinking from the spring.
(c) Drinking from a thermos.
(d) Eating a sandwich.
13. How many nights does Winnie say she has spent away from home?
14. Why does Winnie leave her house?
(a) She is on her way to meet Jesse and Miles.
(b) She wants to explore the woods.
(c) She is looking for Mae Tuck.
(d) She is running away.
15. Where does Tuck say is the best place to talk?
(a) The woods.
(b) The pond.
(c) The loft.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie discover that Jesse and Miles wore to go swimming?
2. What do passersby want to do when they pass the house?
3. What is Winnie doing when the stranger comes to the Foster's gate?
4. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
5. Tuck says that having Winnie visit is the best thing in how many years?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)