|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people usually go around the woods?
(a) The road is filled with thorns.
(b) The Fosters own the land and people are scared of them.
(c) The road goes around the woods and they're scary.
(d) The road goes around the woods and the Fosters own it.
2. What is Jesse's first answer when Winnie asks his age?
(a) One hundred and four.
(b) One hundred and forty-four.
3. What is the first thing Mae says to Tuck upon waking?
(a) We need to clean the cobwebs.
(b) Jesse and Miles are planning a picnic.
(c) We're all going to the river.
(d) The boys will be home tomorrow.
4. How does Winnie discover she's supposed to get the maple syrup off her fingers while she eats?
(a) Wipe them on a napkin.
(b) Lick them.
(c) Wipe them on her shirt.
(d) Go to the pond for water.
5. What is it that Mae is looking at when she first wakes on the day before Jesse and Miles are to come home?
(a) A spider on the window.
(d) Cobwebs on the ceiling.
6. What do Jesse, Mae, Miles and Winnie have to eat on the way back to the Tucks' house?
(a) Wild berries.
(b) Bread and cheese.
(c) Peanut butter.
(d) Bologna sandwiches.
7. What color is the stranger's suit?
8. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) No one.
(c) The stranger.
(d) Winnie's grandmother.
9. Who does the stranger at the Foster's gate say he is looking for?
(a) Winnie Foster.
(b) Jesse and Miles.
(c) Mae Tuck.
(d) He doesn't say.
10. When does Mae say they'll take Winnie home?
(a) In a few weeks.
(b) The following day.
(d) She doesn't say.
11. What is Winnie doing on that particular morning in the first week of August?
(a) Chasing fireflies.
(b) Doing chores.
(c) Talking to a toad.
(d) Cleaning house.
12. What does Mae use as a fan?
(a) A leaf.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) A letter.
13. Which of the following was not part of the supper Winnie shares with the Tuck family her first night with them?
(c) Scrambled eggs.
14. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
(a) A circus.
(b) A radio.
(c) A music box.
(d) Elves .
15. What surrounds the first house on the road to Treegap?
(a) A four-foot moat.
(b) A four-foot iron fence.
(c) Dense hedges.
(d) A picket fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of songs does Jesse sing?
2. How many nights does Winnie say she has spent away from home?
3. What color is the Tuck house?
4. What do passersby want to do when they reach the woods?
5. Which of these words does the author use to describe the first week of August?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)