|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Winnie learn would be her fate if she drank from the spring?
(a) She'd die.
(b) She'd remain a little girl forever.
(c) She'd grow until she was seventeen then stop aging.
(d) She'd become an old woman.
2. Why do people usually go around the woods?
(a) The Fosters own the land and people are scared of them.
(b) The road goes around the woods and they're scary.
(c) The road goes around the woods and the Fosters own it.
(d) The road is filled with thorns.
3. What does Mae use for a towel after she washes her face in the stream?
(a) The horse blanket.
(b) A towel.
(c) Her shawl.
(d) The bottom of her dress.
4. What is Mae leading when she comes into the thicket?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
5. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
(a) The tilt-a-whirl.
(b) The roller coaster.
(c) The Ferris wheel.
(d) The merry-go-round.
6. What is the first thing Mae says to Tuck upon waking?
(a) Jesse and Miles are planning a picnic.
(b) We're all going to the river.
(c) We need to clean the cobwebs.
(d) The boys will be home tomorrow.
7. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
(a) Winnie's grandmother.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) No one.
(d) The stranger.
8. What does Winnie learn about Augustus Tuck trying to kill himself to prove whether he was truly immortal?
(a) He cut off his foot.
(b) He refused to eat.
(c) He shot himself in the heart.
(d) He ate poisoned mushrooms.
9. What is the first thing Miles and Jesse do when they arrive home?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Ask for dinner.
(c) Jump in the pond.
(d) Look for their cat.
10. How many brothers and sisters does Winnie Foster have?
11. How many nights does Winnie say she has spent away from home?
12. Tuck says that having Winnie visit is the best thing in how many years?
(d) One hundred and four.
13. What do passersby want to do when they pass the house?
(a) Ask for a drink.
(d) Make a lot of noise and throw a rock or two.
14. What time does Winnie Foster set out from her house?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At noontime.
(c) At ten in the morning.
(d) At midnight.
15. What had been the Tucks' plan?
(a) To open a store.
(b) To farm.
(c) To raise cattle.
(d) To fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years ago did the Tucks come to the area?
2. How many pockets are there in Mae's skirt?
3. How many children did Miles have?
4. What color is the Tuck house?
5. How does Mae plan to travel to Treegap?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)