|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries Winnie after she's tired?
2. Where does Tuck say is the best place to talk?
(a) The woods.
(b) The pond.
(c) The loft.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What do passersby want to do when they reach the woods?
(a) Make a lot of noise and throw a rock or two.
(c) Look for a spring.
4. Who is it that calls out to Tuck to come back to the house?
(c) The stranger.
5. What is Winnie doing on that particular morning in the first week of August?
(a) Doing chores.
(b) Cleaning house.
(c) Talking to a toad.
(d) Chasing fireflies.
6. How many petticoats does Mae put on?
7. What surrounds the first house on the road to Treegap?
(a) A four-foot iron fence.
(b) Dense hedges.
(c) A four-foot moat.
(d) A picket fence.
8. What is it that Winnie discovers lives in the table drawer at the Tuck home?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An elf.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A cricket.
9. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things a traveler would find in the woods?
10. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
11. How many rooms are there in the Tuck house?
12. What color is the straw hat Mae puts on?
13. Why does Winnie leave her house?
(a) She is on her way to meet Jesse and Miles.
(b) She wants to explore the woods.
(c) She is running away.
(d) She is looking for Mae Tuck.
14. What is the smell that comes from the wardrobe in the Tucks' bedroom?
15. What is the first thing Miles and Jesse do when they arrive home?
(a) Jump in the pond.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Ask for dinner.
(d) Look for their cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesse's first answer when Winnie asks his age?
2. What is the "one pretty thing" Mae never leaves home without?
3. How does Winnie discover she's supposed to get the maple syrup off her fingers while she eats?
4. How many brothers and sisters does Winnie Foster have?
5. How often does Winnie go into the woods?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)