Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "one pretty thing" Mae never leaves home without?
(a) A music box.
(b) A photo.
(c) A key.
(d) A cell phone.
2. How old is Winnie?
(a) Sixteen, going on seventeen.
(b) Eleven, going on twelve.
(c) Ten, going on eleven.
(d) She doesn't say.
3. How does Winnie discover she's supposed to get the maple syrup off her fingers while she eats?
(a) Lick them.
(b) Wipe them on a napkin.
(c) Go to the pond for water.
(d) Wipe them on her shirt.
4. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
(a) A circus.
(b) A radio.
(c) Elves .
(d) A music box.
5. What do Jesse, Mae, Miles and Winnie have to eat on the way back to the Tucks' house?
(a) Wild berries.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) Bologna sandwiches.
6. What kind of shoes is Winnie wearing when she gets into the rowboat with Tuck?
(b) She's barefoot.
(c) Flip flops.
(d) Tennis shoes.
7. What is the news that Tuck gets urging him to come back to the house?
(a) That supper is ready.
(b) That Winnie's parents are looking for her.
(c) That Jesse hurt himself.
(d) That the horse has been stolen.
8. How many brothers and sisters does Winnie Foster have?
9. What color is the Tuck house?
10. What kind of pet does Winnie say she might like to have?
(a) A toad.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A pony.
(d) A dog.
11. What is Jesse's first answer when Winnie asks his age?
(a) One hundred and forty-four.
(b) One hundred and four.
12. What kind of tree is at the center of the woods?
(a) A giant ash.
(b) A giant oak.
(c) A giant apple tree.
(d) A giant sycamore.
13. How many nights does Winnie say she has spent away from home?
14. Which of these words does the author use to describe the first week of August?
(a) Windy and hot.
(b) Balmy and hot.
(c) Motionless and hot.
(d) Steamy and hot.
15. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
2. What color are Jesse's suspenders?
3. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
4. How often does Winnie go into the woods?
5. What is it that Mae is looking at when she first wakes on the day before Jesse and Miles are to come home?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)