|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many petticoats does Mae put on?
2. How many children did Miles have?
3. "Where" is the first week of August?
(a) At the very top of the live-long year.
(b) Both at the very top of summer and the top of the live-long year.
(c) At the very top of summer.
(d) Neither at the very top of summer nor at the top of the year.
4. What does the author say about the sunsets of this first week of August?
(a) That the sun glares at sunset.
(b) That there is too little color.
(c) That the color is perfect.
(d) That there is too much color.
5. Which of the following is true of Winnie's beliefs?
(a) Winnie believes in magic.
(b) Winnie has always wanted a magic wand.
(c) Winnie doesn't believe in fairy tales.
(d) Winnie believes fairy tales are true.
6. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
(a) The Tucks.
(b) No one.
(c) The Franklins.
(d) The Fosters.
7. What is the first creature Winnie hears when she and Tuck get into the rowboat at the pond?
(a) A frog.
(b) Jesse yelling.
(c) A mocking bird.
(d) A dog barking.
8. What kind of songs does Jesse sing?
(a) Sad songs.
(b) Country songs.
(c) Funny songs.
(d) Rock and Roll.
9. What is the first thing Miles and Jesse do when they arrive home?
(a) Jump in the pond.
(b) Ask for dinner.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Look for their cat.
10. How many nights does Winnie say she has spent away from home?
11. How many pockets are there in Mae's skirt?
12. Tuck says that his family is no longer part of life, but are like what?
(a) A boat going across a pond.
(b) A horse pulling a wagon.
(c) Water being recycled.
(d) Rocks beside the road.
13. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
(a) A music box.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A letter.
(d) A canteen.
14. Why does Winnie leave her house?
(a) She wants to explore the woods.
(b) She is on her way to meet Jesse and Miles.
(c) She is running away.
(d) She is looking for Mae Tuck.
15. Why does Mae say they had to bring Winnie home with them?
(a) To help her achieve her dream of running away from home.
(b) To hold her for ransom.
(c) To help her hide from her parents.
(d) To make her understand why she has to keep the secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets Winnie down from the horse's back?
2. What does Tuck say would happen if people found out about the spring?
3. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
4. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things a traveler would find in the woods?
5. Who is it that yells from the front door of the cottage that Winnie is going to get her stockings dirty?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)