|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is it that yells from the front door of the cottage that Winnie is going to get her stockings dirty?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mae Tuck.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What surrounds the first house on the road to Treegap?
(a) A picket fence.
(b) Dense hedges.
(c) A four-foot iron fence.
(d) A four-foot moat.
3. How many children did Miles have?
4. What time does the stranger appear at the Foster's gate?
(a) At sunset.
(b) At noontime.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At dawn.
5. Who is it that calls out to Tuck to come back to the house?
(d) The stranger.
6. Which of the following was not part of the supper Winnie shares with the Tuck family her first night with them?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
7. Where is Mae's mirror?
(a) On the washstand.
(b) On the wall.
(c) She doesn't have one.
(d) On the dresser.
8. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things a traveler would find in the woods?
9. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
(a) The roller coaster.
(b) The merry-go-round.
(c) The tilt-a-whirl.
(d) The Ferris wheel.
10. What is the sound that makes Winnie stop crying?
(a) The running water.
(b) Mae's quiet voice.
(c) The music box.
(d) Her mother calling her.
11. What does the man say he's looking for?
(a) A family.
(b) A toad.
(c) A woman.
(d) A place to spend the night.
12. What kind of tree is at the center of the woods?
(a) A giant oak.
(b) A giant sycamore.
(c) A giant apple tree.
(d) A giant ash.
13. What words are used to describe the fingers of the stranger?
(a) Graceful and white.
(b) Pale blue and chubby.
(c) Long and skinny.
(d) White and ugly.
14. What is the smell that comes from the wardrobe in the Tucks' bedroom?
15. What is the "one pretty thing" Mae never leaves home without?
(a) A key.
(b) A music box.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A photo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mae use for a towel after she washes her face in the stream?
2. How many nights does Winnie say she has spent away from home?
3. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
4. What color is the Tuck house?
5. How does Mae fasten the shawl around her shoulders?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)