|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Winnie go into the woods?
(a) Only once.
(b) Every day.
(d) Once in a while.
2. How many children did Miles have?
3. What does the man say he's looking for?
(a) A family.
(b) A woman.
(c) A toad.
(d) A place to spend the night.
4. Which of these words does the author use to describe the first week of August?
(a) Steamy and hot.
(b) Motionless and hot.
(c) Balmy and hot.
(d) Windy and hot.
5. What is Winnie doing when the stranger comes to the Foster's gate?
(a) Catching fireflies.
(b) Eating supper.
(c) Waiting for Mae Tuck to pass by.
(d) Talking to a toad.
6. What color is the stranger's suit?
7. What is Mae leading when she comes into the thicket?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A dog.
8. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
(a) The stranger.
(b) No one.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Winnie's grandmother.
9. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
(a) A music box.
(b) A letter.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A canteen.
10. Who sets Winnie down from the horse's back?
(c) The stranger.
11. What time does Winnie Foster set out from her house?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At noontime.
(c) At ten in the morning.
(d) At midnight.
12. How many rooms are there in the Tuck house?
13. Where is Mae's mirror?
(a) She doesn't have one.
(b) On the dresser.
(c) On the wall.
(d) On the washstand.
14. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
(a) The Ferris wheel.
(b) The tilt-a-whirl.
(c) The merry-go-round.
(d) The roller coaster.
15. Why does Winnie leave her house?
(a) She is on her way to meet Jesse and Miles.
(b) She is looking for Mae Tuck.
(c) She wants to explore the woods.
(d) She is running away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words are used to describe the fingers of the stranger?
2. "Where" is the first week of August?
3. Tuck says that having Winnie visit is the best thing in how many years?
4. What does Mae say the loft of their home is used for?
5. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)