|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mae say Winnie has to go home with them?
(a) To talk it out with Tuck.
(b) To have dinner with the family.
(c) So that she can say she's run away from home.
(d) So that the stranger can't find her.
2. What does Mae use as a fan?
(a) Her handkerchief.
(b) A letter.
(c) Her hat.
(d) A leaf.
3. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
4. What color is the Tuck house?
5. What had been the Tucks' plan?
(a) To fish.
(b) To raise cattle.
(c) To open a store.
(d) To farm.
6. When does Mae say they'll take Winnie home?
(a) In a few weeks.
(b) She doesn't say.
(c) The following day.
7. What time does Winnie Foster set out from her house?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At noontime.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At ten in the morning.
8. What is the name of the village where Mae is going?
(d) Three Acre Wood.
9. Who is it that yells at Winnie that lunch is ready?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Mae Tuck.
10. What does Tuck say would happen if people found out about the spring?
(a) That they would bulldoze it under.
(b) That they would rush to it.
(d) That they would give the water to everyone.
11. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
(a) Elves .
(b) A music box.
(c) A radio.
(d) A circus.
12. What kind of tree is at the center of the woods?
(a) A giant sycamore.
(b) A giant apple tree.
(c) A giant oak.
(d) A giant ash.
13. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
(a) Winnie's grandmother.
(b) The stranger.
(c) No one.
(d) The sheriff.
14. What is Jesse's first answer when Winnie asks his age?
(a) One hundred and forty-four.
(d) One hundred and four.
15. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
(a) A letter.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A canteen.
(d) A music box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Winnie discovers lives in the table drawer at the Tuck home?
2. Who carries Winnie after she's tired?
3. "Where" is the first week of August?
4. How many children did Miles have?
5. Who is it that calls out to Tuck to come back to the house?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)