|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Mae Tuck set out for the village?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At ten in the morning.
(d) At noon.
2. What does Tuck say would happen if people found out about the spring?
(b) That they would rush to it.
(c) That they would give the water to everyone.
(d) That they would bulldoze it under.
3. Tuck says that having Winnie visit is the best thing in how many years?
(d) One hundred and four.
4. What does the author say about the sunsets of this first week of August?
(a) That the sun glares at sunset.
(b) That there is too little color.
(c) That there is too much color.
(d) That the color is perfect.
5. What time does Winnie Foster set out from her house?
(a) At noontime.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At ten in the morning.
6. What is it that conceals the spring that bubbles up in the middle of the woods?
(b) Tree roots.
7. What do Jesse, Mae, Miles and Winnie have to eat on the way back to the Tucks' house?
(a) Bologna sandwiches.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) Wild berries.
8. How does Mae plan to travel to Treegap?
(a) On a horse.
(b) In a car.
(c) She's going to walk.
(d) On a sleigh.
9. What kind of songs does Jesse sing?
(a) Funny songs.
(b) Country songs.
(c) Sad songs.
(d) Rock and Roll.
10. How many pockets are there in Mae's skirt?
11. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
(a) No drinking from the milk jug.
(b) No talking with your mouth full.
(c) No conversation while eating.
(d) No elbows on the table.
12. The village doesn't matter except for what two things?
(a) The preacher's house and the train station.
(b) The saloon and the general store.
(c) The school and the church.
(d) The jailhouse and the gallows.
13. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
14. What does Tuck do when he's introduced to Winnie?
(a) Shakes her hand.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Hugs her.
(d) Walks away without speaking.
15. How many nights does Winnie say she has spent away from home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Winnie?
2. What is the smell that comes from the wardrobe in the Tucks' bedroom?
3. Who is it that calls out to Tuck to come back to the house?
4. Tuck says that his family is no longer part of life, but are like what?
5. What are the only two living things Winnie has found on that particular morning?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)