|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes is Winnie wearing when she gets into the rowboat with Tuck?
(a) She's barefoot.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Flip flops.
2. What color is the stranger's suit?
3. What is the news that Tuck gets urging him to come back to the house?
(a) That the horse has been stolen.
(b) That Jesse hurt himself.
(c) That supper is ready.
(d) That Winnie's parents are looking for her.
4. What color is the Tuck house?
5. Where is Mae's mirror?
(a) She doesn't have one.
(b) On the washstand.
(c) On the dresser.
(d) On the wall.
6. What is Jesse doing when Winnie first sees him?
(a) Drinking from the spring.
(c) Drinking from a thermos.
(d) Eating a sandwich.
7. When does Mae say they'll take Winnie home?
(b) In a few weeks.
(c) The following day.
(d) She doesn't say.
8. What does Mae do when they pass the strange man with Winnie astride the horse?
(b) Screams for help.
(c) Says they're teaching her to ride.
9. What color are Jesse's suspenders?
10. What do passersby want to do when they reach the woods?
(b) Look for a spring.
(d) Make a lot of noise and throw a rock or two.
11. What words are used to describe the fingers of the stranger?
(a) Graceful and white.
(b) White and ugly.
(c) Long and skinny.
(d) Pale blue and chubby.
12. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
(a) No conversation while eating.
(b) No talking with your mouth full.
(c) No drinking from the milk jug.
(d) No elbows on the table.
13. How does Winnie discover she's supposed to get the maple syrup off her fingers while she eats?
(a) Go to the pond for water.
(b) Wipe them on her shirt.
(c) Lick them.
(d) Wipe them on a napkin.
14. How does Mae plan to travel to Treegap?
(a) On a sleigh.
(b) On a horse.
(c) She's going to walk.
(d) In a car.
15. How many rooms are there in the Tuck house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree is at the center of the woods?
2. Why does Jesse tell Winnie that she cannot have a drink of the water?
3. "Where" is the first week of August?
4. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things a traveler would find in the woods?
5. What does Mae say the loft of their home is used for?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)