|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say about the sunsets of this first week of August?
(a) That the sun glares at sunset.
(b) That there is too much color.
(c) That there is too little color.
(d) That the color is perfect.
2. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
(a) No elbows on the table.
(b) No conversation while eating.
(c) No drinking from the milk jug.
(d) No talking with your mouth full.
3. What is Jesse doing when Winnie first sees him?
(a) Eating a sandwich.
(b) Drinking from the spring.
(c) Drinking from a thermos.
4. What does Winnie throw when she goes outside?
5. What does the man say he's looking for?
(a) A woman.
(b) A place to spend the night.
(c) A family.
(d) A toad.
6. How does Mae plan to travel to Treegap?
(a) She's going to walk.
(b) On a sleigh.
(c) On a horse.
(d) In a car.
7. What is the "one pretty thing" Mae never leaves home without?
(a) A key.
(b) A music box.
(c) A photo.
(d) A cell phone.
8. What is it that Winnie discovers lives in the table drawer at the Tuck home?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An elf.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A cricket.
9. How many pockets are there in Mae's skirt?
10. When does Mae say they'll take Winnie home?
(a) In a few weeks.
(c) The following day.
(d) She doesn't say.
11. Who is it that yells at Winnie that lunch is ready?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mae Tuck.
12. What does Mae do when they pass the strange man with Winnie astride the horse?
(a) Says they're teaching her to ride.
(d) Screams for help.
13. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
(a) The stranger.
(b) No one.
(c) Winnie's grandmother.
(d) The sheriff.
14. Who does the stranger at the Foster's gate say he is looking for?
(a) Mae Tuck.
(b) He doesn't say.
(c) Jesse and Miles.
(d) Winnie Foster.
15. What is the name of the village where Mae is going?
(d) Three Acre Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winnie leave her house?
2. What is the sound that makes Winnie stop crying?
3. What do passersby want to do when they reach the woods?
4. What does Tuck say he's going to do while Mae goes to Treegap?
5. What is the first thing Mae says to Tuck upon waking?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)