|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been the Tucks' plan?
(a) To open a store.
(b) To raise cattle.
(c) To farm.
(d) To fish.
2. How many brothers and sisters does Winnie Foster have?
3. What does Winnie learn about Augustus Tuck trying to kill himself to prove whether he was truly immortal?
(a) He cut off his foot.
(b) He shot himself in the heart.
(c) He refused to eat.
(d) He ate poisoned mushrooms.
4. What is Mae leading when she comes into the thicket?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cow.
5. How does Mae plan to travel to Treegap?
(a) She's going to walk.
(b) On a sleigh.
(c) On a horse.
(d) In a car.
6. What is Jesse's first answer when Winnie asks his age?
(a) One hundred and four.
(d) One hundred and forty-four.
7. How does Winnie discover she's supposed to get the maple syrup off her fingers while she eats?
(a) Wipe them on a napkin.
(b) Lick them.
(c) Go to the pond for water.
(d) Wipe them on her shirt.
8. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
(a) A music box.
(b) Elves .
(c) A radio.
(d) A circus.
9. What kind of tree is at the center of the woods?
(a) A giant ash.
(b) A giant apple tree.
(c) A giant sycamore.
(d) A giant oak.
10. Where is Mae's mirror?
(a) On the wall.
(b) On the dresser.
(c) On the washstand.
(d) She doesn't have one.
11. Who carries Winnie after she's tired?
12. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
13. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
(a) No one.
(b) The Fosters.
(c) The Tucks.
(d) The Franklins.
14. What color are Jesse's suspenders?
15. Who else besides Winnie heard the story about the spring told by Jesse, Mae and Miles?
(a) The stranger.
(b) No one.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Winnie's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winnie throw when she goes outside?
2. What kind of songs does Jesse sing?
3. How often does Mae Tuck make this journey?
4. When does Mae say they'll take Winnie home?
5. What does Mae say the loft of their home is used for?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)