|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mae use for a towel after she washes her face in the stream?
(a) The bottom of her dress.
(b) A towel.
(c) Her shawl.
(d) The horse blanket.
2. What is Mae leading when she comes into the thicket?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
3. "Where" is the first week of August?
(a) Both at the very top of summer and the top of the live-long year.
(b) At the very top of summer.
(c) At the very top of the live-long year.
(d) Neither at the very top of summer nor at the top of the year.
4. What surrounds the first house on the road to Treegap?
(a) Dense hedges.
(b) A four-foot iron fence.
(c) A picket fence.
(d) A four-foot moat.
5. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
(a) A music box.
(b) A radio.
(c) A circus.
(d) Elves .
6. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things a traveler would find in the woods?
7. What is the sound that makes Winnie stop crying?
(a) The music box.
(b) Her mother calling her.
(c) The running water.
(d) Mae's quiet voice.
8. What is the "one pretty thing" Mae never leaves home without?
(a) A key.
(b) A music box.
(c) A photo.
(d) A cell phone.
9. What color is the Tuck house?
10. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
(a) No drinking from the milk jug.
(b) No talking with your mouth full.
(c) No elbows on the table.
(d) No conversation while eating.
11. Why does Winnie leave her house?
(a) She is looking for Mae Tuck.
(b) She is on her way to meet Jesse and Miles.
(c) She is running away.
(d) She wants to explore the woods.
12. Why do people usually go around the woods?
(a) The road is filled with thorns.
(b) The Fosters own the land and people are scared of them.
(c) The road goes around the woods and the Fosters own it.
(d) The road goes around the woods and they're scary.
13. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
(a) No one.
(b) The Tucks.
(c) The Franklins.
(d) The Fosters.
14. What color are Jesse's suspenders?
15. What is the name of the village where Mae is going?
(c) Three Acre Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mae say she and her husband have lived in their current house?
2. What does Mae use as a fan?
3. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
4. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
5. What is the first thing Mae says to Tuck upon waking?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)