|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mae plan to travel to Treegap?
(a) In a car.
(b) She's going to walk.
(c) On a horse.
(d) On a sleigh.
2. How many nights does Winnie say she has spent away from home?
3. What kind of shoes is Winnie wearing when she gets into the rowboat with Tuck?
(a) Flip flops.
(c) She's barefoot.
(d) Tennis shoes.
4. What does Tuck do when he's introduced to Winnie?
(a) Starts to cry.
(b) Shakes her hand.
(c) Walks away without speaking.
(d) Hugs her.
5. When does Mae say they'll take Winnie home?
(a) The following day.
(b) In a few weeks.
(c) She doesn't say.
6. Tuck says that his family is no longer part of life, but are like what?
(a) A boat going across a pond.
(b) A horse pulling a wagon.
(c) Water being recycled.
(d) Rocks beside the road.
7. How many petticoats does Mae put on?
8. What does the author say about the sunsets of this first week of August?
(a) That there is too much color.
(b) That the sun glares at sunset.
(c) That the color is perfect.
(d) That there is too little color.
9. What kind of tree is at the center of the woods?
(a) A giant apple tree.
(b) A giant oak.
(c) A giant ash.
(d) A giant sycamore.
10. What does Mae use for a towel after she washes her face in the stream?
(a) A towel.
(b) Her shawl.
(c) The bottom of her dress.
(d) The horse blanket.
11. Who carries Winnie after she's tired?
12. How many children did Miles have?
13. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things a traveler would find in the woods?
14. What is it that conceals the spring that bubbles up in the middle of the woods?
(c) Tree roots.
15. What is the news that Tuck gets urging him to come back to the house?
(a) That Jesse hurt himself.
(b) That supper is ready.
(c) That Winnie's parents are looking for her.
(d) That the horse has been stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Winnie Foster set out from her house?
2. What is Jesse doing when Winnie first sees him?
3. What color is the Tuck house?
4. What is Mae leading when she comes into the thicket?
5. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)