|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mae say Winnie has to go home with them?
(a) So that the stranger can't find her.
(b) To talk it out with Tuck.
(c) So that she can say she's run away from home.
(d) To have dinner with the family.
2. What does Winnie discover is the only rule during the meal?
(a) No elbows on the table.
(b) No drinking from the milk jug.
(c) No conversation while eating.
(d) No talking with your mouth full.
3. Why does Mae say they had to bring Winnie home with them?
(a) To help her hide from her parents.
(b) To hold her for ransom.
(c) To make her understand why she has to keep the secret.
(d) To help her achieve her dream of running away from home.
4. What does Mae say the loft of their home is used for?
(a) Mae sews there.
(b) The loft is used only for storage.
(c) Miles and Jesse sleep there when they return home.
(d) Miles and Jesse do their carpentry there.
5. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things a traveler would find in the woods?
6. What color are Jesse's suspenders?
7. What does Winnie's grandmother say is the source of the music they hear?
(a) A circus.
(b) Elves .
(c) A music box.
(d) A radio.
8. How does Winnie discover she's supposed to get the maple syrup off her fingers while she eats?
(a) Wipe them on her shirt.
(b) Wipe them on a napkin.
(c) Lick them.
(d) Go to the pond for water.
9. What surrounds the first house on the road to Treegap?
(a) A picket fence.
(b) A four-foot moat.
(c) Dense hedges.
(d) A four-foot iron fence.
10. What color is the straw hat Mae puts on?
11. Tuck says that his family is no longer part of life, but are like what?
(a) Water being recycled.
(b) Rocks beside the road.
(c) A horse pulling a wagon.
(d) A boat going across a pond.
12. What is it that conceals the spring that bubbles up in the middle of the woods?
(b) Tree roots.
13. Who does the stranger at the Foster's gate say he is looking for?
(a) Winnie Foster.
(b) Jesse and Miles.
(c) Mae Tuck.
(d) He doesn't say.
14. What kind of shoes is Winnie wearing when she gets into the rowboat with Tuck?
(a) She's barefoot.
(c) Flip flops.
(d) Tennis shoes.
15. How many nights does Winnie say she has spent away from home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is responsible for the road meandering around the woods rather than through it?
2. How many children did Miles have?
3. What does Winnie discover that Jesse and Miles wore to go swimming?
4. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
5. What does Tuck say he's going to do while Mae goes to Treegap?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)