Short Answer Key
1. "Where" is the first week of August?
Both at the very top of summer and the top of the live-long year.
2. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
The Ferris wheel.
3. Which of these words does the author use to describe the first week of August?
Motionless and hot.
4. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
Neither thunder nor rain.
5. What time does Mae Tuck set out for the village?
6. How often does Mae Tuck make this journey?
Every ten years.
7. What is the name of the village where Mae is going?
8. What time does Winnie Foster set out from her house?
9. Why does Winnie leave her house?
She is running away.
10. What time does the stranger appear at the Foster's gate?
This section contains 2,492 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)