|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winnie doing when the stranger comes to the Foster's gate?
(a) Waiting for Mae Tuck to pass by.
(b) Catching fireflies.
(c) Eating supper.
(d) Talking to a toad.
2. What does Mae answer when the constable asks why she hit the man?
(a) That he had hit her first.
(b) That he wanted Winnie to drink from the spring.
(c) That he was trying to take the child away.
(d) That he had threatened to tell their secret.
3. Who confronts Winnie the moment she gets out of bed?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her father.
(c) No one.
(d) Her mother.
4. What do Winnie and Miles use for bait?
(c) Pork fat.
5. What does Winnie's grandmother say about how a toad drinks?
(a) That they absorb water like a sponge.
(b) That they drink only from running water.
(c) That they drink only fresh water.
(d) That they drink only from ponds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the first house on the road to Treegap?
2. What does the author say about the sunsets of this first week of August?
3. What kind of songs does Jesse sing?
4. Who does Jesse say came up with a plan to get Mae out of jail?
5. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)