|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Mae put flapjack crumbs in the table drawer?
(a) There's no reason at all.
(b) For the mouse to eat.
(c) She doesn't have a trash can.
(d) To save for later.
2. How long has it been since any member of the Tuck family changed?
(a) 147 years.
(b) 110 years.
(c) 87 years.
(d) 43 years.
3. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
(a) Both thunder and rain.
(b) Only thunder.
(c) Only rain.
(d) Neither thunder nor rain.
4. What does Mae do when they pass the strange man with Winnie astride the horse?
(a) Says they're teaching her to ride.
(b) Screams for help.
5. "Where" is the first week of August?
(a) Neither at the very top of summer nor at the top of the year.
(b) Both at the very top of summer and the top of the live-long year.
(c) At the very top of summer.
(d) At the very top of the live-long year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that conceals the spring that bubbles up in the middle of the woods?
2. What does the stranger say he's going to do with the land he's gotten from the Fosters?
3. What had been the Tucks' plan?
4. What does Winnie do when a mosquito lands on her knee?
5. Which of these words does the author use to describe the first week of August?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)