|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Winnie leave her house?
(a) She wants to explore the woods.
(b) She is looking for Mae Tuck.
(c) She is on her way to meet Jesse and Miles.
(d) She is running away.
2. What is the first thing Mae says to Tuck upon waking?
(a) We need to clean the cobwebs.
(b) Jesse and Miles are planning a picnic.
(c) The boys will be home tomorrow.
(d) We're all going to the river.
3. Who opens the door of Winnie's house?
(a) Winnie's father.
(b) Winnie's grandmother.
(d) Winnie's mother.
4. Why does Jesse tell Winnie that she cannot have a drink of the water?
(a) He says it tastes bad.
(b) He says her father wouldn't like it.
(c) He says it's dirty.
(d) He says it's all gone.
5. What is Jesse's first answer when Winnie asks his age?
(a) One hundred and four.
(b) One hundred and forty-four.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Mae put flapjack crumbs in the table drawer?
2. What is Tuck wearing when he comes in to check on Winnie?
3. What kind of shoes is Winnie wearing when she gets into the rowboat with Tuck?
4. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
5. How many pockets are there in Mae's skirt?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)