|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The village doesn't matter except for what two things?
(a) The preacher's house and the train station.
(b) The jailhouse and the gallows.
(c) The saloon and the general store.
(d) The school and the church.
2. When does Mae say they'll take Winnie home?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) The following day.
(c) In a few weeks.
3. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
(a) The Ferris wheel.
(b) The merry-go-round.
(c) The roller coaster.
(d) The tilt-a-whirl.
4. What do passersby want to do when they pass the house?
(a) Ask for a drink.
(b) Make a lot of noise and throw a rock or two.
5. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
(a) Only thunder.
(b) Both thunder and rain.
(c) Only rain.
(d) Neither thunder nor rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the first cottage past the woods on the road to Treegap?
2. How often does Mae Tuck make this journey?
3. What does Mae do when they pass the strange man with Winnie astride the horse?
4. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
5. What does the man say he's looking for?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)