|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sound that makes Winnie stop crying?
(a) Her mother calling her.
(b) The running water.
(c) Mae's quiet voice.
(d) The music box.
2. How does the stranger discover the Fosters' gate is unlocked?
(a) He tries it.
(b) He calls out.
(c) He asks Winnie's grandmother.
(d) He asks Winnie.
3. What does Mae answer when the constable asks why she hit the man?
(a) That he had threatened to tell their secret.
(b) That he had hit her first.
(c) That he wanted Winnie to drink from the spring.
(d) That he was trying to take the child away.
4. What does Winnie say the stranger looks like?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) A marionette.
(c) A toad.
(d) A dead man.
5. What does Winnie say to Tuck as she's being taken away?
(a) Take good care of the stranger.
(b) I'll help get Mae out of jail.
(c) Don't try to follow us.
(d) Everything's going to be all right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the constable say they must do with the stranger?
2. What does Mae use as a fan?
3. What does Miles pull from his back pocket?
4. Who opens the door of Winnie's house?
5. What does the stranger say?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)