1. "Where" is the first week of August?
(a) At the very top of summer.
(b) Both at the very top of summer and the top of the live-long year.
(c) At the very top of the live-long year.
(d) Neither at the very top of summer nor at the top of the year.
2. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
(a) The Ferris wheel.
(b) The merry-go-round.
(c) The tilt-a-whirl.
(d) The roller coaster.
3. Which of these words does the author use to describe the first week of August?
(a) Windy and hot.
(b) Motionless and hot.
(c) Steamy and hot.
(d) Balmy and hot.
4. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
(a) Only rain.
(b) Both thunder and rain.
(c) Only thunder.
(d) Neither thunder nor rain.
5. What time does Mae Tuck set out for the village?
(a) At ten in the morning.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At noon.
6. How often does Mae Tuck make this journey?
(a) Every year.
(b) Every ten years.
(c) Every month.
(d) Every week.
This section contains 4,443 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)