1. "Where" is the first week of August?
(a) At the very top of the live-long year.
(b) Neither at the very top of summer nor at the top of the year.
(c) Both at the very top of summer and the top of the live-long year.
(d) At the very top of summer.
2. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
(a) The roller coaster.
(b) The tilt-a-whirl.
(c) The merry-go-round.
(d) The Ferris wheel.
3. Which of these words does the author use to describe the first week of August?
(a) Motionless and hot.
(b) Balmy and hot.
(c) Steamy and hot.
(d) Windy and hot.
4. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
(a) Neither thunder nor rain.
(b) Only rain.
(c) Both thunder and rain.
(d) Only thunder.
5. What time does Mae Tuck set out for the village?
(a) At noon.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At ten in the morning.
6. How often does Mae Tuck make this journey?
(a) Every year.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every ten years.
(d) Every month.
This section contains 4,443 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)