1. "Where" is the first week of August?
(a) At the very top of the live-long year.
(b) At the very top of summer.
(c) Neither at the very top of summer nor at the top of the year.
(d) Both at the very top of summer and the top of the live-long year.
2. To what ride does the author compare the first week of August?
(a) The Ferris wheel.
(b) The tilt-a-whirl.
(c) The merry-go-round.
(d) The roller coaster.
3. Which of these words does the author use to describe the first week of August?
(a) Windy and hot.
(b) Steamy and hot.
(c) Motionless and hot.
(d) Balmy and hot.
4. What does the author say accompanies the frequent nighttime lightning?
(a) Both thunder and rain.
(b) Neither thunder nor rain.
(c) Only rain.
(d) Only thunder.
5. What time does Mae Tuck set out for the village?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At noon.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At ten in the morning.
6. How often does Mae Tuck make this journey?
(a) Every year.
(b) Every month.
(c) Every week.
(d) Every ten years.
This section contains 4,443 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)