|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of the man Ann dates in Chapter 11?
2. What did Lucy dabble in when she was in New York and Vermont?
3. Why was Lucy upset on September 11, 2001.
(a) Her father was a fireman who was injured that day.
(b) She had friends killed in the twin towers.
(c) She felt so hopeless to help the situation.
(d) She felt left out because she was not in Manhattan.
4. In Lucy's fantasies, who fell in love with her?
(a) Her professors.
(b) Her doctors.
(c) Her editor.
(d) Her neighbor.
5. Where had Lucy told Ann she wanted to go for Christmas?
(a) Key West.
(d) Ann's mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did Ann get in Chapter 14?
2. What offer did Ann make to Lucy that mortified Lucy?
3. What did Lucy do in February 2002?
4. Why did people stare at Ann when she went to New York to be with Lucy during the surgery?
5. Which of the following was NOT something Ann and Lucy agreed on during their last conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of help did Lucy seek for her addictions, and how did she lie about what she was really doing?
2. What was the main question Lucy asked her psychiatrists when she saw them?
3. How did suicide become top-of-mind for Lucy?
4. Describe how Lucy and Ann were polar opposites in personality.
5. What was the radical surgery Lucy was considering and later told Ann and Karl about?
6. How did Ann show that she was the ultimate mother figure to Lucy after her radical surgery?
7. How well did Lucy manage her finances?
8. What was Lucy's first suicide attempt, and how did she try to convince Ann that her life was better?
9. In reality, what were Karl and others not able to help Lucy with regarding her health issues?
10. How did Ann naively view Lucy's drug addiction and suicide attempts?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)