|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In their last conversation, how often did Ann and Lucy agree to talk to each other?
(a) Every day.
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every week.
2. What did Ann give to Lucy to help her?
(a) Airline ticket.
(d) A car.
3. Lucy published a book of __________________ that did not do well.
(a) Short stories.
4. What ground rules did Ann set down for Lucy while she was staying at Ann's house?
(a) She could not do drugs.
(b) She had to maintain her hygiene.
(c) She had to clean her room.
(d) She had to help cook meals.
5. How did Lucy die?
(a) Accidental heroin overdose.
(b) Heart attack.
(d) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Lucy NOT want to do?
2. What element about her new novel did Lucy discuss with Ann?
3. What did Lucy dabble in when she was in New York and Vermont?
4. Why did people stare at Ann when she went to New York to be with Lucy during the surgery?
5. What role did Ann assume in Lucy's care?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Lucy so pleased when Ann began to date a doctor in Nashville?
2. What was the radical surgery Lucy was considering and later told Ann and Karl about?
3. Why was Ann the symbol of innocence in the book and Lucy the loss of innocence?
4. Where did Lucy go for rehab, and how did she feel about it?
5. What happened with Lucy's job in Bennington, and what did she do when she moved to Brooklyn?
6. How did Lucy's death make Ann finally realize her own naivete?
7. What was Lucy's first suicide attempt, and how did she try to convince Ann that her life was better?
8. Describe how Lucy and Ann were polar opposites in personality.
9. What did Lucy reveal to Ann about her heroin use and her suicide wish?
10. In reality, what were Karl and others not able to help Lucy with regarding her health issues?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)