|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise did Lucy make to Ann?
(a) She would think about marrying Eli.
(b) She would not drink anymore.
(c) She would reconcile with her mother.
(d) She would stop using heroin.
2. Ann went to a movie premiere and ________________ but did not tell Lucy.
(a) Book party.
3. Where does Ann move to in Chapter 11?
4. Ann recalled that she and Lucy __________________ while in Iowa.
(a) Created wills.
(b) Ran a marathon.
(c) Smoked marijuana.
(d) Went to a movie.
5. Where did Ann take the man she dates to meet Lucy in 1994?
(a) Iowa City.
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic did Lucy mention in her Tango essay which shocked Ann at a reading in Provincetown?
2. Lucy wanted ____________, her doctor, to love her.
3. Which of the following did Lucy NOT want to do?
4. Why did Ann have Lucy moved to a different hospital room?
5. Why did people stare at Ann when she went to New York to be with Lucy during the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ann show that she was the ultimate mother figure to Lucy after her radical surgery?
2. What was Lucy's pattern of happiness and depression?
3. How did Lucy's death make Ann finally realize her own naivete?
4. What did Ann find especially alarming when Lucy read an essay at a Provincetown reading?
5. What did Lucy reveal to Ann about her heroin use and her suicide wish?
6. What did Karl, Ann's boyfriend, say that he could help Lucy attain with her health issues?
7. How did suicide become top-of-mind for Lucy?
8. Describe Lucy's health in Chapter 15.
9. What happened with Lucy's job in Bennington, and what did she do when she moved to Brooklyn?
10. What kind of help did Lucy seek for her addictions, and how did she lie about what she was really doing?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)