|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did B- make fun of Lucy?
(a) Her goofy laugh.
(b) Her table manners.
(c) Her lack of sexual experience.
(d) Her fuzzy hair.
2. What could Lucy not do in Provincetown?
3. How old was Lucy when her parents moved to the U.S.?
(a) 6 months.
4. TRUTH & BEAUTY is a book about the friendship between Ann Patchett and Lucy ______________.
5. Which television show did Lucy appear on while in New York?
(a) The Today Show.
(c) Regis and Kelly Show.
(d) Good Morning America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helped Lucy deal with her life?
2. Who was Ann's boyfriend in Provincetown?
3. Which birthday did Lucy have when she visited Europe in Chapter 7?
4. What was Terezin?
5. Lucy said that her life became dependent on ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lucy hate Aberdeen and what did Ann think about it when she visited Lucy there?
2. Who was Elizabeth McCracken and how did Ann meet her?
3. What is shared about Lucy's childhood in Chapter 3?
4. What were the circumstances of Lucy's disfigured face?
5. How did Ann come to know Lucy Grealy, and what circumstances made them roommates in Iowa?
6. How did Lucy struggle in Bunting and then in Provincetown?
7. What was Ann's opinion of Lucy's obsession with the Holocaust?
8. What role did Ann represent in her friendship with Lucy?
9. What were Lucy's accommodations at Yaddo, and what was the only negative of the experience?
10. With whom did Lucy fall in love in Provincetown, and how did he affect her life?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)