|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lucy when her father died?
2. How did Lucy feel about Aberdeen?
(a) She never felt safe there.
(b) She loved it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She could take it or leave it.
3. What were Ann's accommodations at Yaddo?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A townhouse.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A cabin.
4. In what country was Lucy born?
5. In Provincetown, Lucy was working against a/an _________________ deadline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ann and Lucy do to find their way out of their miserable lives?
2. What did Ann realize about her relationship with Dennis?
3. Ann came to realize that she was ________________ in relationships.
4. From which college did Ann graduate in 1985?
5. Which of the following did some Scottish people NOT do to Lucy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lucy's life change after the release of her award-winning book?
2. How did Lucy struggle in Bunting and then in Provincetown?
3. What did Lucy's pulling out of the documentary symbolize for Lucy?
4. What is the premise of TRUTH & BEAUTY?
5. What did the fortune teller tell Lucy that devastated her?
6. Who was Dennis, and why was he not a positive force in Ann's life?
7. What were the circumstances of Lucy's disfigured face?
8. How did Ann's insecurities surface, especially in the incident with the philanthropist adviser?
9. Why was Lucy happy when Ann broke up with Dennis?
10. With whom did Lucy fall in love in Provincetown, and how did he affect her life?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)