|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ann have Lucy moved to a different hospital room?
(a) It was too noisy by the nurses station.
(b) Her roommate was an intrusive woman.
(c) It had too many windows.
(d) It had no air conditioning.
2. How did Lucy get up to her apartment after being released from the hospital?
(a) Ann carried her.
(b) A paramedic carried her.
(c) Home healthcare nurse carried her.
3. Lucy was embarrassed that Ann saw ______________________.
(a) Her mother's letter.
(b) Her bank statement.
(c) Her kissing Eli.
(d) The inside of her mouth.
4. What did Ann learn when her face was covered with hives and her eye swollen shut?
(a) She cannot eat shellfish again.
(b) How Lucy must struggle with her face all the time.
(c) She should have remembered to bring her antihistamines.
(d) People are not really cruel when they stare.
5. Lucy refused to lie to Ann and told her that __________________________.
(a) Ann had gained some weight.
(b) She had flirted with Karl.
(c) Ann's book was not as good as hers.
(d) She was still using heroin.
6. Who embarrassed Ann at an awards dinner one night?
7. What did Lucy call the guest room in Ann's new house?
(a) Casa de Lucy.
(b) Halfway house.
(c) The dog house.
(d) Lucy's room.
8. On her good days, Lucy was happy and _______________________.
(a) Went to lunch with friends.
(b) Went to museums.
(c) Talked with her psychiatrist.
(d) Worked on a new novel.
9. How pleased was Lucy with the surgical results in her face in Chapter 15?
10. In their last conversation, how often did Ann and Lucy agree to talk to each other?
(a) Every week.
(b) Every day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Once a month.
11. How often did Ann used to hear from Lucy?
(a) Every hour.
(b) Every month.
(c) Every week.
(d) Every day.
12. What did Ann think about constantly after Lucy died?
(a) The children Lucy would never have.
(b) Their last conversation.
(c) The movie they saw in Iowa.
(d) Lucy's family.
13. With which newscaster did Lucy go on a date?
(a) Brit Hume.
(b) Dan Rather.
(c) Anderson Cooper.
(d) George Stephanopoulos.
14. Ann and Lucy decided that once Lucy got better, they could call these years the _________________.
(a) High wire.
(b) Lost years.
(c) Heroin years.
(d) Desperado years.
15. When Lucy lost her apartment, to what city did she move?
(c) Grand Rapids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Ann use to refer to Lucy?
2. What did Ann never believe?
3. How good was Lucy at managing her finances?
4. Which of the following did Ann NOT do for Lucy in the hospital?
5. What did Lucy actually do after she made a promise to Ann?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)