|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT something Ann and Lucy agreed on during their last conversation?
(a) They missed each other.
(b) They agreed to talk every day.
(c) They loved each other.
(d) Ann would name her daughter Lucy.
2. What did Lucy start to do after she was told that the surgeons could not help her anymore?
(a) Cut herself.
(b) Converted to Judaism.
(c) Pack to return to Ireland.
(d) Work on a new novel.
3. What did Lucy say she would do after her surgeries?
(a) Learn to cook.
(b) Learn French.
(c) Find love.
(d) Move to Provence.
4. What was the profession of the man Ann dates in Chapter 11?
5. Who embarrassed Ann at an awards dinner one night?
6. More often than not, when a publication asked Lucy to write for them, Lucy would ____________________.
(a) Not complete the assignment.
(b) Meet the deadline.
(c) Do a fantastic job.
(d) Demand up front payment.
7. What did Lucy call the guest room in Ann's new house?
(a) Halfway house.
(b) The dog house.
(c) Lucy's room.
(d) Casa de Lucy.
8. What did Ann demand that Lucy got while in the hospital?
(a) The best doctors.
(b) Private suite.
(c) Fewer visitors.
(d) Pain medication.
9. After she was released from the hospital, what did Lucy lie to Ann about when she called?
(a) She told her that she was getting married.
(b) She told her that she was moving to Europe.
(c) She told her she had plastic surgery.
(d) She told her she was still writing.
10. How good was Lucy at managing her finances?
(a) Someone else did it for her.
11. Where had Lucy told Ann she wanted to go for Christmas?
(a) Key West.
(b) Ann's mother's house.
12. What did Lucy actually do after she made a promise to Ann?
(a) She drank more alcohol than ever before.
(b) She refused to date anymore.
(c) She would not reach out to her mother.
(d) She would continue using heroin.
13. What did Ann do for Lucy that made Lucy happy?
(a) Dedicated her book to her.
(b) Sorted through her bills.
(c) Did her laundry.
(d) Invited her to Christmas dinner.
14. In their last conversation, how often did Ann and Lucy agree to talk to each other?
(a) Every day.
(b) Every week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Twice a day.
15. How many novels had Ann written by Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Lucy NOT want to do?
2. What role did Ann assume in Lucy's care?
3. Why could Lucy not have the bolts put in her face?
4. Why was Lucy upset on September 11, 2001.
5. Where did Ann take the man she dates to meet Lucy in 1994?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)