|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ann have Lucy moved to a different hospital room?
(a) It had no air conditioning.
(b) It was too noisy by the nurses station.
(c) It had too many windows.
(d) Her roommate was an intrusive woman.
2. What is another group whose meetings Lucy attended?
(a) The International Women's Writing Guild.
(b) American Cancer Society.
(c) Narcotics Anonymous.
(d) The Tea Party.
3. Lucy dated two painters, Steve and _________________.
4. Where had Lucy told Ann she wanted to go for Christmas?
(a) Ann's mother's house.
(d) Key West.
5. What did Lucy do in February 2002?
(a) She slit her wrists.
(b) She moved to Montana.
(c) She went skiing.
(d) She got married.
6. What name did Ann use to refer to Lucy?
7. Why did Ann not tell Lucy that she was going to the movie premiere?
(a) The event was invitation only.
(b) Lucy was too ill to go.
(c) Lucy would not have approved.
(d) She wanted to have fun and avoid embarrassment.
8. Lucy wanted ____________, her doctor, to love her.
9. What did Ann think about constantly after Lucy died?
(a) Their last conversation.
(b) The children Lucy would never have.
(c) Lucy's family.
(d) The movie they saw in Iowa.
10. Lucy refused to lie to Ann and told her that __________________________.
(a) Ann's book was not as good as hers.
(b) Ann had gained some weight.
(c) She had flirted with Karl.
(d) She was still using heroin.
11. Ann finally realized that she was _______________.
12. What did Ann do for Lucy that made Lucy happy?
(a) Dedicated her book to her.
(b) Sorted through her bills.
(c) Did her laundry.
(d) Invited her to Christmas dinner.
13. What did Lucy give Ann for Christmas in Chapter 15?
(a) Theater tickets.
(b) A book of Lucy's doodles.
(c) A cashmere scarf.
(d) An iPod.
14. How good was Lucy at managing her finances?
(a) Someone else did it for her.
15. Ann and Lucy decided that once Lucy got better, they could call these years the _________________.
(a) Desperado years.
(b) High wire.
(c) Heroin years.
(d) Lost years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Lucy upset on September 11, 2001.
2. What topic did Lucy mention in her Tango essay which shocked Ann at a reading in Provincetown?
3. Why did people stare at Ann when she went to New York to be with Lucy during the surgery?
4. How many novels had Ann written by Chapter 17?
5. What promise did Lucy make to Ann?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)