|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ann see discussing his new book on television one night?
(a) Jerry Seinfeld.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) A former professor.
(d) Chevy Chase.
2. What talent did Ann and Lucy share?
(b) Floral arranging.
3. Which of the following did some Scottish people NOT do to Lucy?
(a) Screamed when they saw her.
(b) Teased her.
(c) Chased her.
(d) Comforted her.
4. What was notable about Lucy and her disfigurement?
(a) She drooled continually.
(b) She could not close her mouth all the way.
(c) She had a cleft palate.
(d) Her face looked bruised all the time.
5. What jobs did Ann and Lucy have in Iowa?
(a) Teaching fellowships.
6. What was the source of Lucy's face disfigurement?
(a) She was in a boating accident.
(b) She was a conjoined twin.
(c) She was born with no jawbone.
(d) She had childhood cancer and chemotherapy.
7. Ann represented _____________________ in her friendship with Lucy.
(a) The devil's advocate.
(b) The mother figure.
(c) The godmother.
(d) The sister figure.
8. Ann moved in with her boyfriend, _____________, who lived in a small cottage.
9. What did B- tell both Lucy and Ann about themselves?
(a) They would both win Pulitzers someday.
(b) They would never amount to anything.
(c) He was in love with both of them.
(d) They were complete opposites.
10. Lucy was famous at Sarah Lawrence College for her writing and ________________.
(b) Sense of humor.
(c) Disfigured face.
(d) Red hair.
11. In psychotherapy, Lucy learned that ______________________.
(a) She was probably a manic depressive.
(b) She had an obsessive compulsive personality.
(c) Her problems all stemmed from her mother.
(d) She could not stop her low self-esteem.
12. Lucy used to having a lot of _____________.
(d) Hospital bills.
13. In what city did Lucy have more reconstructive surgery?
(c) New York.
14. Which of the following did a fortune teller NOT tell Lucy?
(a) She would live to her late 80s.
(b) She would never have children.
(c) She would always be alone.
(d) She would never have love.
15. What did Ann's father buy for her in 1989?
(a) A puppy.
(b) An airline ticket to Aberdeen.
(c) A condo.
(d) A new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Ann not let factor into her relationship with Lucy?
2. According to Ann, what did Lucy want all for herself?
3. What was a major flaw in the Yaddo accommodations?
4. What did Ann and Lucy do to find their way out of their miserable lives?
5. Why did Ann phone Lucy from Yaddo all the time?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)