|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused a rift in Ann and Lucy's relationship?
(a) Lucy's fame.
(b) A loan.
2. Who was Ann's boyfriend in Provincetown?
3. In what European city did Lucy live to have more surgery?
(a) London, England.
(b) Milan, Italy.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Aberdeen, Scotland.
4. Where did Lucy once pretend to be for days?
(a) A circus.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) An asylum.
(d) A spa.
5. Which of the following did some Scottish people NOT do to Lucy?
(a) Teased her.
(b) Screamed when they saw her.
(c) Comforted her.
(d) Chased her.
6. What talent did Ann and Lucy share?
(b) Floral arranging.
7. What was the amount of the stipend Lucy received as part of the Bunting fellowship?
8. Who stalked Ann for awhile during this time?
(a) A philanthropist adviser.
(d) A fan of her books.
9. Why did Ann select the apartment she did in Iowa City?
(a) It was cheap.
(b) It was close to campus.
(c) It had nice landscaping.
(d) It was in a safe area.
10. What did B- tell both Lucy and Ann about themselves?
(a) They would never amount to anything.
(b) They were complete opposites.
(c) He was in love with both of them.
(d) They would both win Pulitzers someday.
11. Whom did Ann meet in New York that promised to help her and her writing friends succeed?
(a) An investor.
(b) A friend of her family.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A philanthropist adviser.
12. What did Ann and Lucy do to find their way out of their miserable lives?
(a) They wrote.
(b) They drank.
(c) They went to the movies.
(d) They dated lots of men.
13. What was the source of Lucy's face disfigurement?
(a) She was a conjoined twin.
(b) She had childhood cancer and chemotherapy.
(c) She was in a boating accident.
(d) She was born with no jawbone.
14. Which television show did Lucy appear on while in New York?
(a) The Today Show.
(c) Regis and Kelly Show.
(d) Good Morning America.
15. From which college did Ann graduate in 1985?
(a) Radcliffe College.
(b) Sarah Lawrence College.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) Harvard University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helped Lucy deal with her life?
2. What did Ann and Lucy do together?
3. How old was Lucy when her father died?
4. Who wrote AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A FACE?
5. Who did Ann see discussing his new book on television one night?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)