|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ann see discussing his new book on television one night?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) A former professor.
(c) Chevy Chase.
(d) Jerry Seinfeld.
2. Ann was lacking in _________________ during this time.
(d) Self esteem.
3. Lucy was famous at Sarah Lawrence College for her writing and ________________.
(b) Disfigured face.
(c) Sense of humor.
(d) Red hair.
4. What did Ann and Lucy do to find their way out of their miserable lives?
(a) They dated lots of men.
(b) They went to the movies.
(c) They drank.
(d) They wrote.
5. Who was Ann's boyfriend in Provincetown?
6. Who had Ann married?
7. Whom did Ann meet in New York that promised to help her and her writing friends succeed?
(a) A philanthropist adviser.
(b) An investor.
(c) A friend of her family.
(d) A publisher.
8. Where did Lucy once pretend to be for days?
(a) A spa.
(b) A circus.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) An asylum.
9. Who stalked Ann for awhile during this time?
(a) A fan of her books.
(b) A philanthropist adviser.
10. What talent did Ann and Lucy share?
(a) Floral arranging.
11. Lucy won the Bunting fellowship and the _____________ fellowship.
12. Why did Ann need to find an apartment in Iowa City, Iowa?
(a) She got a job in Iowa.
(b) Her husband was transferred.
(c) She wanted to be close to her family again.
(d) She was going to attend the Iowa Writers' Workshop.
13. How old was Lucy when her father died?
14. Which of the following did a fortune teller NOT tell Lucy?
(a) She would live to her late 80s.
(b) She would never have love.
(c) She would always be alone.
(d) She would never have children.
15. Ann thought that the sad fictional world that Lucy created was _____________________.
(a) Lucy's way of coping with life.
(b) Research for a book.
(c) An exercise from her therapist.
(d) A symptom of schizophrenia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did B- tell both Lucy and Ann about themselves?
2. What caused a rift in Ann and Lucy's relationship?
3. How old was Lucy when her parents moved to the U.S.?
4. Why was Lucy not happy about her time in Bunting?
5. Which European city did Lucy write to Ann about in Chapter 7?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)