|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy used to having a lot of _____________.
(a) Hospital bills.
2. What was notable about Lucy and her disfigurement?
(a) She drooled continually.
(b) Her face looked bruised all the time.
(c) She could not close her mouth all the way.
(d) She had a cleft palate.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Ann and Lucy did in Iowa City?
(a) They wrote poems.
(b) They drank too much alcohol.
(c) They donated blood.
(d) They swapped clothes.
4. What became an obsession for Lucy?
5. What was a major flaw in the Yaddo accommodations?
(a) Only one phone line.
(b) Noisy neighbors.
(c) No central air conditioning.
(d) A leaky roof.
6. The Bunting Fellowship is associated with which university?
(a) Loyola University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Wittenberg University.
(d) Duke University.
7. Lucy was famous at Sarah Lawrence College for her writing and ________________.
(a) Disfigured face.
(b) Red hair.
(c) Sense of humor.
8. Ann thought that the sad fictional world that Lucy created was _____________________.
(a) Research for a book.
(b) An exercise from her therapist.
(c) Lucy's way of coping with life.
(d) A symptom of schizophrenia.
9. Which of the following did a fortune teller NOT tell Lucy?
(a) She would never have children.
(b) She would never have love.
(c) She would always be alone.
(d) She would live to her late 80s.
10. At what restaurant did Ann get a job?
(a) Macaroni Grill.
(c) Olive Garden.
(d) T.G.I. Friday's.
11. According to Ann, what did Lucy want all for herself?
(c) Book deals.
12. How old was Lucy when her father died?
13. Lucy said that her life became dependent on ________________.
14. Which television show did Lucy appear on while in New York?
(a) Good Morning America.
(c) Regis and Kelly Show.
(d) The Today Show.
15. What did Lucy say haunted her all the time?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) Her father's memory.
(d) Bad credit report.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Ann's accommodations at Yaddo?
2. What did B- tell both Lucy and Ann about themselves?
3. Lucy found strength and _________________ in suffering and cruelty.
4. What did Ann and Lucy do together?
5. In what state did Ann teach after her first novel was published?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)