|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ann see discussing his new book on television one night?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) A former professor.
(c) Jerry Seinfeld.
(d) Chevy Chase.
2. Which of the following did some Scottish people NOT do to Lucy?
(a) Chased her.
(b) Screamed when they saw her.
(c) Teased her.
(d) Comforted her.
3. Who wrote AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A FACE?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Ann and Lucy did in Iowa City?
(a) They swapped clothes.
(b) They drank too much alcohol.
(c) They wrote poems.
(d) They donated blood.
5. Why was Lucy not happy about her time in Bunting?
(a) She broke up with her boyfriend.
(b) She was depressed and couldn't write.
(c) She felt too ill to work.
(d) She felt she didn't accomplish enough.
6. What was the amount of the stipend Lucy received as part of the Bunting fellowship?
7. In what city did Lucy have more reconstructive surgery?
(c) New York.
8. Ann thought that the sad fictional world that Lucy created was _____________________.
(a) Lucy's way of coping with life.
(b) Research for a book.
(c) An exercise from her therapist.
(d) A symptom of schizophrenia.
9. Ann came to realize that she was ________________ in relationships.
10. What did Ann and Lucy do together?
(a) Road trips.
(b) Weekly dinners.
(c) Medical appointments.
(d) Book readings and signings.
11. What kind of job did Ann want?
(a) Creative writing teacher.
(b) English teacher.
(c) Math teacher.
(d) Biology teacher.
12. Why did Ann phone Lucy from Yaddo all the time?
(a) To discuss boyfriends.
(b) To make her feel loved.
(c) To check on her health.
(d) To invite her to dinner.
13. Which television show did Lucy appear on while in New York?
(b) Good Morning America.
(c) The Today Show.
(d) Regis and Kelly Show.
14. Whom did Lucy date and finally have sex with?
15. In 1991, Ann moved to which state?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ann represented _____________________ in her friendship with Lucy.
2. What shocked Ann about Lucy's appearance when she saw her in Aberdeen?
3. What helped Lucy deal with her life?
4. Which of the following did Lucy NOT ask Ann?
5. Why did Ann need to find an apartment in Iowa City, Iowa?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)