|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lucy found strength and _________________ in suffering and cruelty.
2. What was Terezin?
(a) A spice.
(b) An opera.
(c) A film star.
(d) A concentration camp.
3. Who was the friend that Ann made while at the Fine Arts Work Center?
(a) Maggie Kerrigan.
(b) Suzanne Kelly.
(c) Elizabeth McCracken.
(d) Judith Naylor.
4. What did Ann realize about her relationship with Dennis?
(a) She just used him for sex.
(b) It was not going to last.
(c) It was strictly platonic.
(d) He was going to propose to her.
5. Why was Ann sad about her sister's wedding?
(a) She can never have children.
(b) The family was not invited.
(c) They do not make much money.
(d) Her new husband has a terminal illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ann feel about her new marriage?
2. Which European city did Lucy write to Ann about in Chapter 7?
3. Why did Ann select the apartment she did in Iowa City?
4. Lucy won the Bunting fellowship and the _____________ fellowship.
5. What advice did Ann's mother give her regarding Lucy?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)