|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 and Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which magazine did an article about Lucy appear?
(c) The New Yorker.
2. Whom did Ann meet in New York that promised to help her and her writing friends succeed?
(a) An investor.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A friend of her family.
(d) A philanthropist adviser.
3. Ann relied heavily on ___________________ to gauge whether she was a success or not.
(a) Her family's opinions.
(b) Flattery from men.
(c) Her writing career.
(d) Her earnings.
4. What did Ann and Lucy do to find their way out of their miserable lives?
(a) They dated lots of men.
(b) They wrote.
(c) They drank.
(d) They went to the movies.
5. What was the amount of the stipend Lucy received as part of the Bunting fellowship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A FACE?
2. Why was Lucy glad when Ann's marriage ended?
3. Lucy wanted ____________, her doctor, to love her.
4. In Provincetown, Lucy was working against a/an _________________ deadline.
5. What did Lucy do with the OxyContin she was prescribed?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)