Chapter 1 and Chapter 2
1. TRUTH & BEAUTY is a book about the friendship between Ann Patchett and Lucy ______________.
2. What talent did Ann and Lucy share?
(c) Floral arranging.
3. From which college did Ann graduate in 1985?
(a) Sarah Lawrence College.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Radcliffe College.
(d) Harvard University.
4. Why did Ann need to find an apartment in Iowa City, Iowa?
(a) She was going to attend the Iowa Writers' Workshop.
(b) Her husband was transferred.
(c) She wanted to be close to her family again.
(d) She got a job in Iowa.
5. Lucy was famous at Sarah Lawrence College for her writing and ________________.
(b) Red hair.
(c) Sense of humor.
(d) Disfigured face.
6. On what street did Ann find an apartment for her and Lucy to share in Iowa?
(a) Plains Street.
(b) Maple Avenue.
(c) Governor Street.
(d) Euclid Avenue.
7. Why did Ann select the apartment she did in Iowa City?
(a) It was cheap.
(b) It had nice landscaping.
(c) It was in a safe area.
(d) It was close to campus.
This section contains 3,796 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)