Chapter 1 and Chapter 2
• In June of 1985, Ann Patchett was a twenty-one-year-old recent graduate of Sarah Lawrence College looking for an apartment in Iowa City, Iowa.
• Ann would be in Iowa City for two years to attend the prestigious Iowa Writer's Workshop and receive her Master's degree in creative writing.
• Another Sarah Lawrence graduate, Lucy Grealy, was also going to be in the program, so she and Ann became roommates.
• Ann knew Lucy from Sarah Lawrence where Lucy was popular because of her great writing as well as her disfigured face.
• Lucy had had childhood cancer and chemotherapy which led to a partially missing jaw and only six front teeth.
• Lucy could not close her mouth all the way and had a lot of scars.
• In Iowa City, Lucy dated a man named B- and finally had sex, but B- did not love her.
• Lucy would also travel to...
This section contains 1,822 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)