|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section One, Pages 1-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator on page 1, what lasted the entirety of Sarah's freshman year?
(a) The tension between her and Manuel.
(b) The prologue to her relationship with David.
(c) The end of her friendship with Joelle.
(d) The process of writing her novel.
2. When does the first section of the novel take place?
(a) The mid-70s.
(b) The mid-80s.
(c) The mid-90s.
(d) The mid-60s.
3. What type of exercises are employed in the students' acting class, as explained on page 2?
(a) Ensemble Monologues.
(b) Mirror Games.
(c) Method Acting.
(d) Trust Exercises.
4. When the students are directed to crawl on the floor in the dark, how does David identify Sarah?
(a) By her cardigan.
(b) By her jeans.
(c) By her hair.
(d) By her earrings.
5. What does CAPA stand for, as explained on page 2?
(a) The Creative Academy for the Performing Arts.
(b) The Citywide Academy for the Performing Arts.
(c) The Common Academy for the Performing Arts.
(d) The Conservatory Academe for the Performing Arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator on page 3, Sarah gained admission to CAPA after performing a monologue from what work?
2. What is the name of place where Sarah lives with her mother?
3. According to the narrator on page 17, what is love to Sarah?
4. According to the narrator on page 26, acting requires restraint in order to achieve what?
5. What is the name of the hurricane that hits Sarah's hometown in the first section of the novel?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)