|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pan Andrew say is intent on stealing the crystal?
(a) Peter of the Button Face.
(b) Nicholas Kreutz.
(c) Jan Kanty.
(d) Michael the Snake.
2. How does Kreutz explain his mental state to Tring?
(a) He says he is mentally exhausted from all of his studying.
(b) He says he is mentally exhausted from worry about his niece.
(c) He says he is mentally exhausted from being in so many trances.
(d) He says he is still mentally exhausted from the scuffle with Peter of the Button Face.
3. After the explosions, what is the new nickname of Peter of the Button Face?
(a) Bogdan of the Singed Locks.
(b) Bodgan of the Fire.
(c) Bodgan of the Buttons.
(d) Bodgan of the Hair.
4. When the 12 men see the explosions, who do they tell their leader they are afraid of?
(a) Pan Andrew Charnetski.
(b) Joseph Charnetski.
(c) The Evil One, or the Devil.
(d) Nicholas Kreutz.
5. What demand is placed before the king by the person being questioned?
(a) Peter of the Button Face demands his freedom in exchange for information.
(b) Jan Kanty demands to be placed as the head of the University in exchange for information.
(c) Nicholas Kreutz demands the crystal in exchange for information.
(d) Michael the Snake demands his freedom in exchange for information.
6. Of what is Krakow the center?
(a) Warrior training.
(b) Music only.
(c) Arts only.
(d) Arts, music, crafts, and education.
7. What is the best description of the music heard in the Church of Our Lady Mary?
(a) Notes float down from above like God's own music from heaven.
(b) The organ playing beautiful hymns.
(c) A flute playing the Heynal.
(d) The organ playing horrible music.
8. What does Pan Andrew ask Joseph to do during the fire?
(a) He asks him to help him fight the fire.
(b) He asks him to sound the Heynal for the rest of the night.
(c) He asks him to help find Nicholas Kreutz.
(d) He asks him to help find Jan Kanty.
9. What is the year in the Epilogue?
10. When Pan Andrew arrives home after the explosions, what does he find?
(a) That his trumpet is missing.
(b) That his treasure is missing.
(c) That his son is missing.
(d) That his wife is missing.
11. What happens at the end of the meeting with the king?
(a) Jan Kanty grabs the crystal from the king's hands.
(b) Kreutz grabs the crystal from the king's hands.
(c) Pan Andrew grabs the crystal from the king's hands.
(d) Kreutz grabs the crystal from Pan Andrew's hands.
12. Where is the music being played in the church?
(a) At one of the open tower windows.
(b) At the front of the church.
(c) In the basement of the church.
(d) Outside of the church.
13. Once Tring sees what Kreutz puts in the middle of the room, what does he understand?
(a) He understands why Kreutz is so worried about his niece.
(b) He understands why Stas disappeared.
(c) He understands why the Tartars hate the Polish people so much.
(d) He understands why Kreutz is in frequent trances.
14. What is the best description of the castles in the Epilogue?
(a) The castles are crumbling ruins.
(b) The castles and towers and cathedral still rise proudly on the hill as in former days.
(c) The castles are bigger and better than they were in former days.
(d) There are no more castles.
15. What best describes how the music is played in the Epilogue?
(a) One time the trumpter sounds the Heynal.
(b) Four times the flutist sounds the Heynal, once at each of the four windows.
(c) Four times the trumpeter sounds the Heynal, once at each of the four windows.
(d) Five times the trumpeter sounds the Heynal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Kreutz put in the middle of the room?
2. What is the name of Peter of the Button Face's assistant when they attack the church?
3. What happens to Kreutz's apartment?
4. What does the inside of the Church of Our Lady Mary look like?
5. Who arrives at the tower with Nicholas Kreutz?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)