|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Broken Note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What valuable information does Stas give to the stranger about Joseph's family?
(a) Stas tells the stranger their new name and Joseph's father's occupation.
(b) Stas tells the stranger where Joseph is going to school.
(c) Stas tells the stranger that Pan Andrew's cousin was killed.
(d) Stas tells the stranger that Joseph's family is related to the king.
2. What is the best description of the music heard in the Church of Our Lady Mary?
(a) The organ playing beautiful hymns.
(b) The organ playing horrible music.
(c) Notes float down from above like God's own music from heaven.
(d) A flute playing the Heynal.
3. What does Kreutz say some people believe about the Philosopher's Stone?
(a) He says some people believe that it has great healing powers.
(b) He says some people believe that it can transform all things to gold.
(c) He says some people believe that it can make a man intelligent.
(d) He says some people believe that it can give answers to the meaning of life.
4. What reason does Pan Andrew give for being at the palace in Chapter 15?
(a) He would like to take the crystal to Kiev for safe keeping.
(b) He says that he took an oath to protect the crystal and is bound to give it to the king once its location has been discovered.
(c) He would like to receive some money for turning over the crystal.
(d) He is trying to keep Kreutz from taking the crystal to Kiev.
5. When Peter talks to Pan Andrew, what information does Pan Andrew give that Peter refuses to believe?
(a) Pan Andrew says that Jan Kanty stole the treasure.
(b) Pan Andrew says that Stas stole the treasure.
(c) Pan Andrew says that his wife stole the treasure.
(d) Pan Andrew says that he does not have the treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Pan Andrew tell Joseph when Joseph accompanies him to his new place of work for the first time?
2. In taking the job, what does Pan Andrew promise to do?
3. What does Kreutz say about trances and experiments?
4. What is noticeable about the music being played?
5. What instrument is playing in the church in the Epilogue?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)