|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the trumpeter's mother and sister as Poland is being attacked?
(a) With cousins in Moravia.
(b) With his father in the castle.
(c) With cousins in Krakow.
(d) With his brother in Kiev.
2. When Peter talks to Pan Andrew, what information does Pan Andrew give that Peter refuses to believe?
(a) Pan Andrew says that his wife stole the treasure.
(b) Pan Andrew says that he does not have the treasure.
(c) Pan Andrew says that Stas stole the treasure.
(d) Pan Andrew says that Jan Kanty stole the treasure.
3. After the explosions, what is the new nickname of Peter of the Button Face?
(a) Bodgan of the Buttons.
(b) Bogdan of the Singed Locks.
(c) Bodgan of the Fire.
(d) Bodgan of the Hair.
4. What is done to help fight the fire?
(a) Firemen are called in to help stop the fire.
(b) A line is drawn by tearing down adjacent buildings to keep it from spreading further.
(c) The women start throwing buckets of water on the fire.
(d) Buckets of water are thrown on the center of the fire.
5. In Chapter 16, what happens to the Great Tarnov Crystal?
(a) Kreutz throws it into the Vistula River, where it remains.
(b) Kreutz throws it into the Vistula River but the king's guard retrieves it.
(c) Pan Andrew throws it into the Vistula River but Kreutz retrives it.
(d) The king keeps it in the palace for safe-keeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Kreutz flee at the end?
2. Why is Jan Kanty well respected in Krakow?
3. What does the stranger tell a group of people Pan Andrew did that makes them angry?
4. In Chapter 14, who descends on the Street of Pigeons and why?
5. What does Joseph Charnetski see as he is riding in the back of the wagon while in the caravan?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)