|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Pan Andrew give for being at the palace in Chapter 15?
(a) He says that he took an oath to protect the crystal and is bound to give it to the king once its location has been discovered.
(b) He would like to receive some money for turning over the crystal.
(c) He would like to take the crystal to Kiev for safe keeping.
(d) He is trying to keep Kreutz from taking the crystal to Kiev.
2. When Joseph arrives at his family's destination, what does he see?
(a) Buildings adorned by the rich sculpture marked by the Italian Renaissance.
(b) Bright, sunlit palaces, churches, towers, battlement walks, and Gothic buildings.
(c) Spanish-American architecture.
(d) Flat farmland, barns, and stables.
3. What does Kreutz say about trances and experiments?
(a) That the people of Kiev are experts at doing them.
(b) That the people of Lvov are experts at doing them.
(c) That the people of Krakow have always embraced them.
(d) That the people of Krakow have always been weary of them.
4. Who tries to steal something from the Charnetski apartment?
(a) Nicholas Kreutz.
(b) Pan Andrew Tenczynsksi.
(c) Peter of the Button Face.
5. Where does Joseph find his family a place to stay?
(a) In the same building as Ostrovski and Kanty.
(b) In their cousin's house back in their old village.
(c) In the same building as Elzbietka and Kreutz.
(d) In the king's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what happens to the Great Tarnov Crystal?
2. Where does the reader learn Peter of the Button Face is going after having left Krakow for a few months?
3. Why is Joseph anxious to see the palace at Wawel Hill?
4. When the stranger gives Stas instructions in Chapter 9, what is Stas' only task?
5. Why did Ivan the Great hire Peter of the Button Face?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)