|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the trumpeter's mother and sister as Poland is being attacked?
(a) With his brother in Kiev.
(b) With his father in the castle.
(c) With cousins in Moravia.
(d) With cousins in Krakow.
2. How do Peter and his men enter the tower?
(a) They find an open door up to the tower.
(b) Stas attacks the watchman and steals the key to the tower.
(c) They follow Joseph up the stairs.
(d) "The Snake" attacks the watchman and steals the key to the tower.
3. When the Tartars attack Krakow in the 1200s, what do the Polish people decide to do?
(a) They decide to flee the castle gates once the Tartars approach.
(b) They decide to send armies out of the castle gates to meet the Tartars.
(c) They decide to prepare to attack the Tartars outside the castle gates.
(d) They decide to not defend the city outside of the gates of Wawel.
4. Why did Ivan the Great hire Peter of the Button Face?
(a) He hired him to attack the king.
(b) He hired him to obtain the Philosopher's Stone.
(c) He hired him to attack Nicholas Kreutz.
(d) He hired him to obtain the Great Tarnov Crystal.
5. When the 12 men see the explosions, who do they tell their leader they are afraid of?
(a) Nicholas Kreutz.
(b) The Evil One, or the Devil.
(c) Pan Andrew Charnetski.
(d) Joseph Charnetski.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pan Andrew arrives home after the explosions, what does he find?
2. Where does the reader learn Peter of the Button Face is going after having left Krakow for a few months?
3. What is the most accurate description of the Tartar army?
4. What is the best description of the explosions referenced in the Charnetskis' apartment?
5. During their first meeting, what offer of Jan Kanty's does Pan Andrew make he declines?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)