|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people do when they hear the Tartars' approach in 1241?
(a) Leave their homes with their belongings to try to escape.
(b) Gather up all of their ammunition to defend themselves.
(c) Stay in their villages and negotiate with the Tartars.
(d) Head towards the army and try to attack them before they arrive in the village.
2. What does Joseph Charnetski see as he is riding in the back of the wagon while in the caravan?
(a) A single rider barge rudely through the caravan.
(b) A child fall off of a wagon.
(c) A man stealing good from another wagon.
(d) A beautiful woman fall off her horse.
3. With what does Kreutz flee at the end?
(a) He flees with the Philosopher's Stone.
(b) He flees with his book of alchemy.
(c) He flees with the cauldron.
(d) He flees with the crystal.
4. Where does the reader learn Peter of the Button Face is going after having left Krakow for a few months?
(a) To Russia.
(b) Back to Krakow.
(c) To Kiev.
(d) To the Urkaine.
5. What does the stranger tell a group of people Pan Andrew did that makes them angry?
(a) He says Pan Andrew cut off his brother's head and turned it into a pumpkin.
(b) He says that Pan Andrew has escaped from prison.
(c) He says that Pan Andrew was really a Tartar in a peasant's clothing.
(d) He says that Pan Andrew stole the king's jewels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kreutz say about trances and experiments?
2. What is the name of the fortress and castle of the king of Poland on a hill above the Vistula River?
3. In taking the job, what does Pan Andrew promise to do?
4. How does Pan Andrew Charnetski know the stranger is not Polish?
5. What kind of job does Jan Kanty arrange for Pan Andrew?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)