|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Tartars reach Krakow for the attack in 1241, what do they do?
(a) Burn the outlying villages and pillage the districts around the churches.
(b) See that is was a small city and leave.
(c) Take hostages for several weeks and then release them.
(d) Are defeated by the people of Krakow.
2. What does Pan Andrew say to Joseph when Joseph asks what is lighting up the room?
(a) He tells Joseph that it is a large crystal.
(b) He tells Joseph that it is a lantern.
(c) He tells Joseph that he will know in due time.
(d) He tells Joseph that it is a fire from an experiment.
3. As the treasure is being stolen, what does the thief see?
(a) A terrible red light.
(b) A stack of books.
(c) A set of keys.
(d) A pile of gold.
4. With what does Kreutz flee at the end?
(a) He flees with the cauldron.
(b) He flees with his book of alchemy.
(c) He flees with the crystal.
(d) He flees with the Philosopher's Stone.
5. After Jan Kanty meets the Charnetski family for the first time, what does Pan Andrew explain to Jan Kanty?
(a) He explains that his wife is expecting a baby and they need a place to stay.
(b) He explains that he is in some trouble even though he has done nothing wrong.
(c) He explains that he is a friend of the king and wants to serve in his guard.
(d) He explains that his son has stolen something and they need to go into hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the trumpeter's mother and sister as Poland is being attacked?
2. How many rooms does the Charnetskis' new dwelling have?
3. Once Peter and his men are in the tower, what confuses Pan Andrew and Joseph?
4. How does Kreutz explain his mental state to Tring?
5. What does the stranger tell a group of people Pan Andrew did that makes them angry?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)