|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the oath taken by the trumpeter?
(a) To warn the people inside the castle of the coming Tartars.
(b) To defend the country.
(c) To play the National Anthem every morning.
(d) To sound the trumpet each hour of the day and night until death.
2. What is the name of the fortress and castle of the king of Poland on a hill above the Vistula River?
(c) Cloth Hall.
(d) St. Ann.
3. What is the Heynal?
(a) The hymn to Our Lady.
(b) The National Anthem.
(c) The battle cry of the Tartars.
(d) The castle next to Wawel.
4. As the treasure is being stolen, what does the thief see?
(a) A pile of gold.
(b) A stack of books.
(c) A terrible red light.
(d) A set of keys.
5. As he ponders the attack on Krakow, of what is the trumpeter proud?
(a) He is proud to be the hero of Poland.
(b) He is proud to be the best trumpet player in the land.
(c) He is proud to be the trumpeter who warned the Polish people of the Tartars' attack.
(d) He is proud to be fighting with Polish men for Christendom against brutal and savage invaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name provided as the stranger approaches the individual wagon in the caravan?
2. Where does Joseph find his family a place to stay?
3. When Joseph and Elzbietka turn on to the Street of Pigeons after Elzbietka's question about women studying, who identifies them to someone else?
4. How many rooms does the Charnetskis' new dwelling have?
5. What is the most accurate description of the Tartars' appearance?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)