|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name provided as the stranger approaches the individual wagon in the caravan?
(a) Andrew Charnetski.
(b) Jan Kanty.
(c) Stefan Ostrovski.
(d) Irene Witkowski.
2. What is the most accurate description of the Tartars' appearance?
(a) Tall, dark men with shaved heads.
(b) Tall, pale men with beards and long, braided hair.
(c) Short, pale men with shaved heads.
(d) Short, dark men with beards and long, braided hair.
3. In what year do the Tartars attack Poland?
4. Krakow welcomes which group of people?
(a) The people of Bulgaria who try to fight the Tartars.
(b) The Russians who are fleeing the Tartars.
(c) The Ukrainians who are fleeing the Tartars.
(d) The villagers who stay to fight the Tartars.
5. What is unusual about one of the wagons in the caravan?
(a) It is fancier than the rest of the wagons.
(b) It is being pulled by a man and is carrying several children.
(c) It is larger than any of the other wagons.
(d) It is led by two horses and it is carrying a very large pumpkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the trumpeter when Poland is attacked?
2. How does Pan Andrew tell time while he is working?
3. Which best describes the Tartars?
4. When Joseph first hears the trumpeter play from the Church of Our Lady Mary, what surprises him?
5. Which is the best description of the trumpeter as he plays amidst all of the destruction in Krakow?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)