|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakow welcomes which group of people?
(a) The people of Bulgaria who try to fight the Tartars.
(b) The Russians who are fleeing the Tartars.
(c) The villagers who stay to fight the Tartars.
(d) The Ukrainians who are fleeing the Tartars.
2. When Joseph returns to the marketplace to give his family the news about their possible lodgings, what is the scene he sees?
(a) His parents' cart surrounded by a mob of angry peasants.
(b) His parents' cart surrounded by Tartars.
(c) His parents' cart surroundeded by people offering them a place to stay.
(d) His parents' cart surrounded by the king and his royal court.
3. Which best describes the Tartars?
(a) Inexperienced warriors.
(b) Compassionate people who invade but do not do much damage.
(c) Like wild beasts who leave nothing alive.
(d) Peaceful people who just want some more land.
4. Who lives above the Charnetskis?
(a) Stefan Ostrovski.
(b) Andrew Tenczynski.
(c) Johann Tring.
(d) Kreutz and his neice.
5. What is the new last name of the Charnetski family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens to the trumpeter in 1241?
2. What does Joseph Charnetski see as he is riding in the back of the wagon while in the caravan?
3. What is the most accurate description of the Tartars' appearance?
4. To whom does Joseph hear the Tartars praying?
5. Why is Jan Kanty well respected in Krakow?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)