|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most accurate description of the Tartar army?
(a) It is a small but slow group that takes days to pass through a town.
(b) It is very large, but they run through each town quickly.
(c) It is a large, efficient group that moves through a town in a day.
(d) It is so numerous that it takes days for them to pass through an area.
2. How many rooms does the Charnetskis' new dwelling have?
3. Where is the Charnetski family going with the caravan?
(a) They are traveling to Ukraine.
(b) They are traveling to Kiev.
(c) They are traveling to Lvov.
(d) They are traveling to Krakow.
4. How does Pan Andrew Charnetski know the stranger is not Polish?
(a) By the stranger's food.
(b) By the stranger's clothing.
(c) By the stranger's accent.
(d) By the stranger's foreign features.
5. Where does Joseph find his family a place to stay?
(a) In the same building as Ostrovski and Kanty.
(b) In their cousin's house back in their old village.
(c) In the king's palace.
(d) In the same building as Elzbietka and Kreutz.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Tartars attack Krakow in the 1200s, what do the Polish people decide to do?
2. In Chapter 2, whom does Pan Andrew say he has to come to see?
3. What does the stranger tell a group of people Pan Andrew did that makes them angry?
4. Where are the trumpeter's mother and sister as Poland is being attacked?
5. What is the trumpeter thinking when he sees the fierce men looking up at him after the attack on Krakow?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)