|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1 begins in what month and year?
(a) July, 1461.
(b) January, 1241.
(c) October, 1802.
(d) March, 1774.
2. What ultimately happens to the trumpeter in 1241?
(a) A Polish man accidentally shoots him with a bow and arrow.
(b) A Tartar shoots him when he is done playing.
(c) He escapes the Tartars while playing the trumpet.
(d) He is killed by a Tartar with a bow and arrow while he is playing the Heynal.
3. When the Polish people hear the word "Tartar," they:
(a) Feel like dancing.
(b) Feel their the blood in their veins is going to freeze.
(c) Want to eat fish.
(d) Know they need to go pay some taxes.
4. How old is the trumpeter when Poland is attacked?
(b) Nineteen or twenty.
(c) Ten or eleven.
(d) Thirty-nine or forty.
5. What does the stranger tell a group of people Pan Andrew did that makes them angry?
(a) He says Pan Andrew cut off his brother's head and turned it into a pumpkin.
(b) He says that Pan Andrew stole the king's jewels.
(c) He says that Pan Andrew has escaped from prison.
(d) He says that Pan Andrew was really a Tartar in a peasant's clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Joseph hear the Tartars praying?
2. When the Tartars reach Krakow for the attack in 1241, what do they do?
3. Why do the men in the caravan carry weapons?
4. Where does Joseph find his family a place to stay?
5. In what year do the Tartars attack Poland?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)