|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger tell a group of people Pan Andrew did that makes them angry?
(a) He says that Pan Andrew stole the king's jewels.
(b) He says Pan Andrew cut off his brother's head and turned it into a pumpkin.
(c) He says that Pan Andrew has escaped from prison.
(d) He says that Pan Andrew was really a Tartar in a peasant's clothing.
2. How old is the trumpeter when Poland is attacked?
(a) Thirty-nine or forty.
(c) Nineteen or twenty.
(d) Ten or eleven.
3. When Joseph first hears the trumpeter play from the Church of Our Lady Mary, what surprises him?
(a) He is surprised to hear the National Anthem of Poland.
(b) He is surprised to hear the National Anthem of Ukraine.
(c) He is surprised to hear the Heynal played in its entirety
(d) He is surprised to hear the Heynal that stops mid-note.
4. To whom does Joseph hear the Tartars praying?
(a) The god of the sun.
(b) Jesus Christ.
5. Which two cities do the Tartars attack before they invade Poland?
(a) Vienna and Budapest
(b) St. Petersburg and Moscow.
(c) Kiev and Lvov.
(d) Minsk and Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakow welcomes which group of people?
2. Why do the men in the caravan carry weapons?
3. What is the Heynal?
4. In Chapter 2, whom does Pan Andrew say he has to come to see?
5. Where does Joseph find his family a place to stay?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)