|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Krakow welcomes which group of people?
(a) The villagers who stay to fight the Tartars.
(b) The Ukrainians who are fleeing the Tartars.
(c) The people of Bulgaria who try to fight the Tartars.
(d) The Russians who are fleeing the Tartars.
2. At the palace gate, what suggestion does the guard give to Pan Andrew?
(a) Wait at the palace gates for Pan Andrew Tenczynski to return.
(b) Go find the king in a neighboring city.
(c) Leave or live in the city under an assumed name.
(d) Live in the city openly and freely.
3. To whom does Joseph hear the Tartars praying?
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) The god of the sun.
4. Where does Joseph find his family a place to stay?
(a) In their cousin's house back in their old village.
(b) In the king's palace.
(c) In the same building as Ostrovski and Kanty.
(d) In the same building as Elzbietka and Kreutz.
5. What heroic act does Joseph do while in the marketplace?
(a) He bravely rescues a young girl from a dog's attack.
(b) He saves his mother from an angry mob.
(c) He saves his father from being attacked by Stefan Ostrovski.
(d) He catches a Tartar trying to steal food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the fortress and castle of the king of Poland on a hill above the Vistula River?
2. When Joseph first hears the trumpeter play from the Church of Our Lady Mary, what surprises him?
3. Which best describes the Tartars' religious belief?
4. Where is the Charnetski family going with the caravan?
5. Despite the fact that he knows he might die as he faces the Tartars in 1241, what does the trumpeter decide to do?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)