|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joseph arrives at his family's destination, what does he see?
(a) Flat farmland, barns, and stables.
(b) Buildings adorned by the rich sculpture marked by the Italian Renaissance.
(c) Spanish-American architecture.
(d) Bright, sunlit palaces, churches, towers, battlement walks, and Gothic buildings.
2. As he ponders the attack on Krakow, of what is the trumpeter proud?
(a) He is proud to be fighting with Polish men for Christendom against brutal and savage invaders.
(b) He is proud to be the best trumpet player in the land.
(c) He is proud to be the trumpeter who warned the Polish people of the Tartars' attack.
(d) He is proud to be the hero of Poland.
3. Where does Joseph find his family a place to stay?
(a) In the same building as Elzbietka and Kreutz.
(b) In the same building as Ostrovski and Kanty.
(c) In the king's palace.
(d) In their cousin's house back in their old village.
4. As the Charnetski family settles into their new life, what is included in Joseph's nightly routine?
(a) He sits with Jan Kanty and learns from him.
(b) He goes to sleep early because he has to go to school the next morning.
(c) He goes to work with his father and then returns home to his mother.
(d) He stays at work with his father all night.
5. After Joseph tells Elzbietka what he will do if attacked, what does Elzbietka promise?
(a) She promises to take care of his parents if he dies.
(b) She promises to run to the king's palace if she ever hears him play the Heynal in its entirety.
(c) She promises to go to Jan Kanty if she ever hears him play the Heynal without stopping at the broken note.
(d) She promises to find out what is in the pumpkin if he dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Peter threaten Joseph before he sends him away with Michael?
2. What is in the open room at the tower of the Church of Our Lady Mary?
3. Once she receives her clue that Joseph is in trouble, what does Elzbietka do?
4. As the Charnetski family walks to their apartment for the first time, what does Jan Kanty break up?
5. Who is questioned in the king's chambers?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)