|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Joseph amazed to see in the custody of king's palace guard after the fire?
(b) The king himself.
(c) Michael the Snake.
(d) Peter of the Button Face.
2. Who hears the instructions given to Stas by the stranger?
(a) Bogdan the Terrible.
(b) Joseph Charnetski.
(c) Stefan Ostrovski
(d) Nicholas Kreutz.
3. To where does the guard escort the person Joseph is amazed to see?
(a) The burning apartment.
(b) The castle on Wawel Hill.
(c) The University.
(d) The Church of Our Lady Mary.
4. Because Pan Andrew is so depressed about the treasure being gone, what does Joseph often do?
(a) He does all of the marketplace shopping for the family.
(b) He cheers him up by finding the treasure.
(c) He lets his father sleep and plays the Heynal on the trumpet through the night.
(d) He gets his father an audience with the king.
5. What happens to the fire?
(a) It burns down the king's palace.
(b) It burns for one hour and stops by the time the Heynal is played again.
(c) The fire rages out of control.
(d) It is quickly contained because of the line drawn to keep it from speading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What heroic act does Joseph do while in the marketplace?
2. What does the stranger tell a group of people Pan Andrew did that makes them angry?
3. What do the people try to do with their possessions during the fire?
4. What is the trumpeter thinking when he sees the fierce men looking up at him after the attack on Krakow?
5. In Chapter 2, whom does Pan Andrew say he has to come to see?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)