|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Pan Andrew tell Joseph when Joseph accompanies him to his new place of work for the first time?
(a) The story of the trumpeter and the broken note.
(b) The story of his cousin.
(c) The story of their ancestors.
(d) The story of the pumpkin and the crystal.
2. What is done to help fight the fire?
(a) The women start throwing buckets of water on the fire.
(b) A line is drawn by tearing down adjacent buildings to keep it from spreading further.
(c) Buckets of water are thrown on the center of the fire.
(d) Firemen are called in to help stop the fire.
3. How does Pan Andrew tell time while he is working?
(a) He listens for the trumpeter.
(b) He uses a sundial.
(c) He uses his watch.
(d) He uses an hourglass.
4. Why is Tring angry with the information from Kreutz about his mental state?
(a) Because he is afraid that Kreutz has shared their secret with someone else.
(b) Because he wanted to be the one to tell the king.
(c) Because he thinks Kreutz is going to make more money than he is going to make.
(d) Because he is worried for Kreutz's mental stability.
5. What other important piece of information does Pan Andrew provide when at the palace?
(a) He explains that the crystal has powers that can be used for evil.
(b) He explains that the crystal can keep people young forever.
(c) He explains that the crystal can save Kiev.
(d) He explains that the crystal has powers that can rebuild Krakow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what tempting thing does Tring tell Kreutz?
2. What does Joseph do when Pan Andrew is fighting with the stranger in the caravan?
3. What does the king learn about Ivan the Great?
4. How old is the trumpeter when Poland is attacked?
5. With what does Peter threaten Joseph before he sends him away with Michael?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)