|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the city is destroyed by the fire?
(a) Just the houses on the Street of Pigeons.
(b) Almost the entire city.
(c) One third of the entire city.
(d) Just the University buildings.
2. What is unusual about one of the wagons in the caravan?
(a) It is larger than any of the other wagons.
(b) It is being pulled by a man and is carrying several children.
(c) It is fancier than the rest of the wagons.
(d) It is led by two horses and it is carrying a very large pumpkin.
3. What has a Russian ruler offered the stranger in return for something he wants?
(a) A position at the university.
(b) Membership into the royal family of Russia.
(c) Coffers of gold and a castle in Ukraine.
(d) A large plot of land and many livestock.
4. Who is questioned in the king's chambers?
(a) Michael the Snake.
(b) Jan Kanty.
(c) Nicholas Kreutz.
(d) Peter of the Button Face.
5. Who is Krakus?
(a) A hero who fought valliantly in Lvov.
(b) A hero who helped to defeat the Tartars.
(c) A hero who slayed a dragon that had made its nest at Wawel Hill.
(d) A hero who fought valliantly in Kiev.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing Pan Andrew's story, what advice does Jan Kanty provide?
2. Whose help is Ivan the Great seeking for what he wants?
3. What valuable information does Stas give to the stranger about Joseph's family?
4. Where does Pan Andrew think his treasure is once he discovers it missing?
5. What ultimately happens to the trumpeter in 1241?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)