|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Joseph tells Elzbietka what he will do if attacked, what does Elzbietka promise?
(a) She promises to find out what is in the pumpkin if he dies.
(b) She promises to go to Jan Kanty if she ever hears him play the Heynal without stopping at the broken note.
(c) She promises to run to the king's palace if she ever hears him play the Heynal in its entirety.
(d) She promises to take care of his parents if he dies.
2. What heroic act does Joseph do while in the marketplace?
(a) He catches a Tartar trying to steal food.
(b) He saves his mother from an angry mob.
(c) He saves his father from being attacked by Stefan Ostrovski.
(d) He bravely rescues a young girl from a dog's attack.
3. After his father's job is secured, what does Joseph learn he will be doing?
(a) He will be helping Jan Kanty.
(b) He will be helping his father as the king's scribe.
(c) He will be selling goods in the marketplace.
(d) He will be going to school.
4. What is the most accurate description of the Tartars' appearance?
(a) Short, pale men with shaved heads.
(b) Tall, pale men with beards and long, braided hair.
(c) Short, dark men with beards and long, braided hair.
(d) Tall, dark men with shaved heads.
5. What kind of job does Jan Kanty arrange for Pan Andrew?
(a) The job of the trumpter at the Church of Our Lady Mary.
(b) The job of the king's scribe.
(c) The job of Kreutz's assistant.
(d) The job of Kanty's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once help is summoned in Chapter 12, what happens?
2. What is the best description of the explosions referenced in the Charnetskis' apartment?
3. What other important piece of information does Pan Andrew provide when at the palace?
4. After hearing Pan Andrew's story, what advice does Jan Kanty provide?
5. How does Kreutz explain his mental state to Tring?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)