|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two cities do the Tartars attack before they invade Poland?
(a) Kiev and Lvov.
(b) St. Petersburg and Moscow.
(c) Vienna and Budapest
(d) Minsk and Moscow.
2. Where are the trumpeter's mother and sister as Poland is being attacked?
(a) With cousins in Moravia.
(b) With his father in the castle.
(c) With cousins in Krakow.
(d) With his brother in Kiev.
3. How many rooms does the Charnetskis' new dwelling have?
4. As he ponders the attack on Krakow, of what is the trumpeter proud?
(a) He is proud to be the trumpeter who warned the Polish people of the Tartars' attack.
(b) He is proud to be the hero of Poland.
(c) He is proud to be fighting with Polish men for Christendom against brutal and savage invaders.
(d) He is proud to be the best trumpet player in the land.
5. After they leave Jan Kanty's house, what does Joseph's father tell him he can keep?
(a) The crystal from inside the pumpkin.
(b) The wolfdog that Joseph saw the Tartar beating earlier in the day.
(c) Some of Jan Kanty's books.
(d) A friend he met while in the marketplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Joseph hear the Tartars praying?
2. When the Tartars reach Krakow for the attack in 1241, what do they do?
3. As the Charnetski family walks to their apartment for the first time, what does Jan Kanty break up?
4. Chapter 1 begins in what month and year?
5. After his father's job is secured, what does Joseph learn he will be doing?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)