|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about one of the wagons in the caravan?
(a) It is fancier than the rest of the wagons.
(b) It is being pulled by a man and is carrying several children.
(c) It is led by two horses and it is carrying a very large pumpkin.
(d) It is larger than any of the other wagons.
2. After hearing Pan Andrew's story, what advice does Jan Kanty provide?
(a) Kanty tells Pan Andrew that he should go find the king in a neighboring city.
(b) Kanty tells Pan Andrew that he should go watch the marketplace for the stranger.
(c) Kanty tells Pan Andrew that he should change his name and sell his horses.
(d) Kanty tells Pan Andrew that he should go back to his home.
3. What is the most accurate description of the Tartar army?
(a) It is very large, but they run through each town quickly.
(b) It is so numerous that it takes days for them to pass through an area.
(c) It is a large, efficient group that moves through a town in a day.
(d) It is a small but slow group that takes days to pass through a town.
4. After Joseph tells Elzbietka what he will do if attacked, what does Elzbietka promise?
(a) She promises to find out what is in the pumpkin if he dies.
(b) She promises to go to Jan Kanty if she ever hears him play the Heynal without stopping at the broken note.
(c) She promises to take care of his parents if he dies.
(d) She promises to run to the king's palace if she ever hears him play the Heynal in its entirety.
5. Once help is summoned in Chapter 12, what happens?
(a) Peter and his men flee the tower when they see the watchmen coming.
(b) The king and his men save Pan Andrew from the tower.
(c) The thirty watchmen free Pan Andrew and remove the thieves.
(d) Peter and his men attack the Krakow watchmen and take Kanty hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Peter of the Button Face's hair?
2. When the Polish people hear the word "Tartar," they:
3. Which is the best description of the trumpeter as he plays amidst all of the destruction in Krakow?
4. What is the name of the fortress and castle of the king of Poland on a hill above the Vistula River?
5. How old is the trumpeter when Poland is attacked?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)