|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joseph find his family a place to stay?
(a) In the same building as Elzbietka and Kreutz.
(b) In the king's palace.
(c) In their cousin's house back in their old village.
(d) In the same building as Ostrovski and Kanty.
2. What is unusual about one of the wagons in the caravan?
(a) It is larger than any of the other wagons.
(b) It is led by two horses and it is carrying a very large pumpkin.
(c) It is being pulled by a man and is carrying several children.
(d) It is fancier than the rest of the wagons.
3. Who hears the instructions given to Stas by the stranger?
(a) Nicholas Kreutz.
(b) Joseph Charnetski.
(c) Bogdan the Terrible.
(d) Stefan Ostrovski
4. What is the shape of the tower of the Church of Our Lady Mary?
5. As the Charnetski family settles into their new life, what is included in Joseph's nightly routine?
(a) He sits with Jan Kanty and learns from him.
(b) He stays at work with his father all night.
(c) He goes to sleep early because he has to go to school the next morning.
(d) He goes to work with his father and then returns home to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Jan Kanty arrange for Pan Andrew?
2. What does Joseph do before he leaves the tower in Chapter 11?
3. In taking the job, what does Pan Andrew promise to do?
4. What is the Heynal?
5. When Joseph further investigates Elzbietka's concerns, what does he see?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)