|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joseph first hears the trumpeter play from the Church of Our Lady Mary, what surprises him?
(a) He is surprised to hear the National Anthem of Poland.
(b) He is surprised to hear the National Anthem of Ukraine.
(c) He is surprised to hear the Heynal played in its entirety
(d) He is surprised to hear the Heynal that stops mid-note.
2. How old is the trumpeter when Poland is attacked?
(a) Thirty-nine or forty.
(c) Nineteen or twenty.
(d) Ten or eleven.
3. What is the scene Joseph sees when he first goes to explore the marketplace?
(a) He sees Stefan Ostrovski.
(b) He sees Pan Andrew Tenczynski.
(c) He sees a family from his village.
(d) He sees a Tartar boy beating a dog.
4. Which best describes the Tartars' religious belief?
(a) They are Buddhists.
(b) They believe in God.
(c) They are Jewish.
(d) They do not know God.
5. As the Charnetski family settles into their new life, what is included in Joseph's nightly routine?
(a) He stays at work with his father all night.
(b) He goes to work with his father and then returns home to his mother.
(c) He sits with Jan Kanty and learns from him.
(d) He goes to sleep early because he has to go to school the next morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the treasure is being stolen, what does the thief see?
2. What preparations does Kreutz make in his apartment after he hears the instructions given to Stas?
3. As the Charnetski family walks to their apartment for the first time, what does Jan Kanty break up?
4. Which best describes the Tartars?
5. In Chapter 5, when Joseph returns from his walk with the dog, what does he see?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)