|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does every citizen in Krakow have in their homes?
(b) Equipment for putting out fires.
(d) Extra clothing.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Kreutz tell Tring?
(a) That he wants to use the Philosopher's Stone to make gold.
(b) That he no longer wishes to participate in their experiments.
(c) That he thinks they should flee to Kiev with the Philosopher's Stone.
(d) That he wants to tell the king about the crystal.
3. What is unusual about one of the wagons in the caravan?
(a) It is led by two horses and it is carrying a very large pumpkin.
(b) It is being pulled by a man and is carrying several children.
(c) It is fancier than the rest of the wagons.
(d) It is larger than any of the other wagons.
4. How does Pan Andrew Charnetski know the stranger is not Polish?
(a) By the stranger's accent.
(b) By the stranger's foreign features.
(c) By the stranger's clothing.
(d) By the stranger's food.
5. What does the stranger tell a group of people Pan Andrew did that makes them angry?
(a) He says that Pan Andrew stole the king's jewels.
(b) He says that Pan Andrew has escaped from prison.
(c) He says that Pan Andrew was really a Tartar in a peasant's clothing.
(d) He says Pan Andrew cut off his brother's head and turned it into a pumpkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joseph further investigates Elzbietka's concerns, what does he see?
2. When Joseph returns to the marketplace to give his family the news about their possible lodgings, what is the scene he sees?
3. What is the stranger's real name?
4. To where does the guard escort the person Joseph is amazed to see?
5. When Joseph and Elzbietka turn on to the Street of Pigeons after Elzbietka's question about women studying, who identifies them to someone else?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)