|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what tempting thing does Tring tell Kreutz?
(a) He says he could be a part of the king's court.
(b) He says he could own the building in which he lives.
(c) He says he could become the greatest alchemist in Poland.
(d) He says he could be the trumpeter at the Church of Our Lady Mary.
2. What does Joseph do when Pan Andrew is fighting with the stranger in the caravan?
(a) He lets the stranger's horse loose.
(b) He drives the carriage for his father.
(c) He helps to break up the fight.
(d) He unloads the goods from the wagon.
3. As Chapter 1 opens, which of the following describes the caravan?
(a) Multiple horse carriages with the drivers riding in them.
(b) Peasants riding horses.
(c) Peasants walking and carrying their belongings.
(d) One-horse wagons piled high with goods for the marketplace with drivers walking alongside the carts.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Kreutz put in the middle of the room?
(a) He places a cauldron with chemicals in the middle of the room.
(b) He places Peter's pot of gold in the middle of the room.
(c) He puts up a tripod with the Great Tarnov Crystal on it in the middle of the room
(d) He puts a pumpkin on a tripod in the middle of the room.
5. How much of the city is destroyed by the fire?
(a) Just the houses on the Street of Pigeons.
(b) Just the University buildings.
(c) Almost the entire city.
(d) One third of the entire city.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the trance in Chapter 13, what does Kreutz do?
2. What does Elzbietka confess to Joseph in Chapter 8?
3. What does every citizen in Krakow have in their homes?
4. In Chapter 2, whom does Pan Andrew say he has to come to see?
5. What happens to the fire?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)