Prologue: The Broken Note
1. In what year do the Tartars attack Poland?
2. When the Polish people hear the word "Tartar," they:
(a) Feel like dancing.
(b) Know they need to go pay some taxes.
(c) Want to eat fish.
(d) Feel their the blood in their veins is going to freeze.
3. Which two cities do the Tartars attack before they invade Poland?
(a) Vienna and Budapest
(b) Minsk and Moscow.
(c) St. Petersburg and Moscow.
(d) Kiev and Lvov.
4. Which best describes the Tartars?
(a) Peaceful people who just want some more land.
(b) Compassionate people who invade but do not do much damage.
(c) Inexperienced warriors.
(d) Like wild beasts who leave nothing alive.
5. What is the most accurate description of the Tartars' appearance?
(a) Short, pale men with shaved heads.
(b) Tall, pale men with beards and long, braided hair.
(c) Short, dark men with beards and long, braided hair.
(d) Tall, dark men with shaved heads.
6. Which best describes the Tartars' religious belief?
(a) They believe in God.
(b) They are Buddhists.
(c) They do not know God.
(d) They are Jewish.
This section contains 7,570 words
(approx. 26 pages at 300 words per page)