|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one who knows where Millie has fled to from London in Part I?
(c) Big Red.
2. What does Millie compare Joss's trumpet to on page 34?
(a) A magic wand.
(b) A magician's hat.
(c) A golden chalice.
(d) A soul.
3. How does Millie feel when she receives the second letter from Sophie Stones?
(a) She is motivated to speak to her lawyer that very day.
(b) She has lost faith because she knows Colman is working with Sophie Stones.
(c) She is blindingly angry.
(d) She is extremely sad.
4. What does Millie think Joss would say to her if he was still alive concerning how to honor him after death?
(a) To make sure she receives the royalty payments coming to him.
(b) To make sure she takes good care of Colman.
(c) To make sure his secret never got out.
(d) Not to mourn him but to celebrate him.
5. What is the first name of Millie's butcher?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Joss Moody's big, lifelong secret?
2. How many brothers of Millie's attend her wedding to Joss?
3. What is the name of the locksmith who changes Millie's locks in Torr?
4. What does the doctor who examines Joss after his death have to do to make sure Joss is biologically a woman?
5. What does Millie see that first make her realize Joss is a transgender person?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part II, why does Colman decide not to open his father's letter addressed to him to be opened after Joss died?
2. How do Millie and Joss first meet?
3. Why was Millie so tense when her mother came to visit she and Joss in their own flat early in their marriage?
4. What kinds of dreams does Millie start to have after Joss's death?
5. What is unusual about Joss Moody's breasts?
6. Why does Millie Moody go to her house in Torr following her husband Joss's death?
7. What struck Colman the most about the attendees at his father's funeral?
8. How was the weather very unusual on the day of Joss Moody's funeral?
9. How does Colman Moody find out that his father Joss Moody was a transgender person?
10. What does Millie ask the registrar to do that means so much to her in registering Joss's death?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)