|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two projects occupied Truman for the remainder of his life?
2. What weapon is Truman encouraged to authorize to end the Korean Conflict?
3. Where do the Trumans live in Independence?
4. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
5. Why was it so important to create an Atomic Energy Commission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the presidency of Truman with that of Roosevelt, Lincoln and Jackson, with regard to challenges during term, character, decision making abilities, and family values.
Essay Topic 2
From all accounts, Truman was an excellent soldier and fearless leader during WWI. What skills do you think he took with him from this experience that would make him a good President? Cover these points in your answer: 1) his personality, 2) his courage, 3) his abilities to make decisions, 4) giving him an international rather than a small town American perspective.
Essay Topic 3
Truman's staff and administration changed when George Marshall was named as Secretary of State. List five reasons why this change happened.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)