|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
2. How many months had Truman been President before both Germany and Japan surrendered?
3. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
4. Who of Truman's long time friends was most instrumental in advising him regarding the Palestine problem?
5. Who in the government has the final say regarding military matters?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the presidency of Truman with that of Roosevelt, Lincoln and Jackson, with regard to challenges during term, character, decision making abilities, and family values.
Essay Topic 2
After the Soviet Union acquires the bomb, the author states "It was a different world now." What does he mean by that statement? Was it better for the world for one country alone to have the weapon? Was it better for the two most powerful countries to have the bomb? In your opinion, which countries should have atomic weapons?
Essay Topic 3
How did the introduction of atomic weapons change the world in 1) warfare, 2) alliances with other countries, 3) definition of world power, and 4) America's perception of itself?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)