Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a whistle-stop?
2. What weapon is Truman encouraged to authorize to end the Korean Conflict?
3. What was the origination of the term "pinko?"
4. Where do the Trumans live in Independence?
5. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
Describe in detail the significant events in Truman's first term as Senator from Missouri, and cover the following points, using the facts, and then your opinion as to how this event affected Truman's policy, reputation and personal feelings.
1. Treatment of him by fellow Senators, especially the one from his own state
2. Bess choosing to stay away from Washington most of the time
3. Truman's loyalty to Roosevelt
4. Truman's loyalty to Pendergast
5. The official investigation of Pendergast
6. The difficulty of getting re-elected without his traditional means of support
How do you think it would have changed the Korean conflict and the world if MacArthur's recommendations to use atomic weapons on China had been followed?
After the Soviet Union acquires the bomb, the author states "It was a different world now." What does he mean by that statement? Was it better for the world for one country alone to have the weapon? Was it better for the two most powerful countries to have the bomb? In your opinion, which countries should have atomic weapons?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)