Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a whistle-stop?
2. What weapon is Truman encouraged to authorize to end the Korean Conflict?
3. What was the origination of the term "pinko?"
4. Where do the Trumans live in Independence?
5. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
Essay Topic 1
Once Truman was introduced to politics back in Independence, Missouri, he knew he had found his career. In your opinion, was Truman a good politician? Address these topics in your essay: 1) political connections, 2) political strategy, 3) political decisions
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the significant events in Truman's first term as Senator from Missouri, and cover the following points, using the facts, and then your opinion as to how this event affected Truman's policy, reputation and personal feelings.
1. Treatment of him by fellow Senators, especially the one from his own state
2. Bess choosing to stay away from Washington most of the time
3. Truman's loyalty to Roosevelt
4. Truman's loyalty to Pendergast
5. The official investigation of Pendergast
6. The difficulty of getting re-elected without his traditional means of support
Essay Topic 3
Truman's staff and administration changed when George Marshall was named as Secretary of State. List five reasons why this change happened.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)