|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a whistle-stop?
(a) A method used to veto a bill
(b) The term used to call for a taxi while standing on the sidewalk
(c) A street corner
(d) Term used to describe Truman's style of campaigning by stopping his Presidential train in every small town along the way so he could meet the American people.
2. What weapon is Truman encouraged to authorize to end the Korean Conflict?
(b) Atom bomb
(c) Heavy tanks
(d) Biological warfare
3. What was the origination of the term "pinko?"
(a) It is a shortened version ofthe term pinkolator which was a brand of coffee maker
(b) Pinko referred to men who wore women's clothes
(c) When a difference was pointed out between a red Communist and a lesser dedicated Communist, a pink one.
(d) Pinko was an affectionate name Harry gave Bess
4. Where do the Trumans live in Independence?
(a) Truman farm
(b) Wtih Margaret and her husband
(c) The family home of Bess Truman
(d) Truman library
5. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
(a) Two million
Short Answer Questions
1. What major country turned Communist during Truman's second Presidency?
2. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
3. How many people did Oppenheimer estimate the bomb would kill?
4. What longtime cabinet member resigns due to a disagreement with Truman?
5. What family member does Truman lose in July of 1947?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)