|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
(a) Richard Nixon
(b) George Bush Sr.
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Henry Wallace
2. When did the Democratic party decide to place Truman as Vice President on their ticket?
(a) Three years in advance
(b) When Roosevelt became ill
(c) When Roosevelt died
(d) At the Democratic National Convention in 1944.
3. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
(a) 1929 Ford Model T
(b) 1890 Mercedes
(c) 1910 Volkswagon
(d) 1911 Stafford
4. Who was employed to work for Harry Truman, in his office, for a $2500 annual salary?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt
(b) John Truman
(c) Bess Truman
(d) His mother
5. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
(a) Shoplifting from the pharmacy and smoking with friends
(b) In his room playing Dungeons and Dragons
(c) Playing the piano, reading books, and being with his family.
(d) Playing baseball, basketball and football
6. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
(a) His mother, Bess and another girlfriend
(b) His father, his dog and Bess
(c) His dog, his cat and Bess
(d) Bess, Mary Jane and his mother.
7. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
(a) Herbert Hoover
(b) Abraham Lilncoln
(c) Theodore Roosevelt
(d) Bill Clinton
8. What is the name of the new organization of countries formed to keep the peace after the world war ends?
(a) Blackwater Security
(b) League of Nations
(c) United Nations
9. What sort of equality did Truman support for Negroes?
(a) Complete equality
(b) Legal equality, but not social equality.
(c) He did not support any equality for Negroes
(d) Financial only, not social
10. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
(a) Getting caught with another woman
(b) Personal finances
(c) Hiring a maid for his house
(d) Margaret's behavior in public
11. Where did the Truman family live when in D.C. until Harry became President?
(a) Missouri embassy
(b) Blair House
(c) 4701 Connecticut Avenue
(d) 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
12. What interest did Harry and his father share?
(a) Watching tv
(b) Fishing and hunting
13. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
14. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) It is either this or jail time
(b) Someone has to do it.
(c) I need to get out of twon
(d) I need a job
15. What career did Margaret Truman plan to enter?
(b) Publishing agent
(c) Computer science
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days was Truman Vice President?
2. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
3. What part of Truman's past most concerned the Democratic Party for the campaign?
4. Which of Roosevelt's policies did Truman support the most enthusiastically?
5. What was the Armistice?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)