|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What party did Truman belong to?
(a) Green Party
2. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) He had terminal cancer
(b) He committed suicide by shooting himself
(c) His plane crashed
(d) He was in a car accident
3. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast?
(a) The investigation of his personal finances
(b) The investigation of his wife's real estate company
(c) The investigation of illegal voting practices in his county's 1936 elections
(d) WWII caused his business to falter
4. What pet name did Truman have for Bess?
(a) Sweetie Pie
(b) The Boss or Madam
(c) The Old Bat
(d) Her Highness
5. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
(a) One year
(b) Ten years
(c) Three years
(d) Twent-five Years
6. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
7. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Mary Jane Truman
(b) Margaret Truman
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt
(d) Bess Wallace
8. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
(a) Harry Truman
(b) Adlai Stevenson
(c) Unknown - Roosevelt changed his mind often during the VP discussions with his staff
(d) Teddy Roosevelt
9. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
(a) Richard Nixon
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) George Bush Sr.
10. What does the Truman farm produce?
(c) Bermuda grass
11. Where did the Truman family live when in D.C. until Harry became President?
(a) Missouri embassy
(b) Blair House
(c) 4701 Connecticut Avenue
(d) 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
12. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?"
(a) A strain of flu duirng the war
(b) The urge to visit the Potomac River rather than working
(c) The tendency of some political appointees to consider themselves more important than they were
(d) The heightened color of skin when people arrived in DC
13. Who won WWI?
(a) Soviet Union
14. What did Roosevelt say were the Four Freedoms?
(a) Freedom of speech, religion, from want, from fear.
(b) Freedom from preachers, tax assessors, visiting relatives and telemarketers
(c) Freedom of religion, marriage, finances and lawful gathering
(d) Freedom from fear, debt, phobias and medication
15. How many members did the Truman Committee have?
(a) Only one
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Armistice?
2. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
3. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
4. What two political positions did Truman want before he was allowed to run for Senate?
5. What interest did Harry and his father share?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)