Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
(a) She met her future husband
(b) Someone stole her purse
(c) She had a baby
(d) Someone attempted to kidnap her.
2. What was Roosevelt's continuing admonition to his departments regarding defense production in 1941?
(a) "Take your time"
(b) "Speed, speed, speed."
(c) "Wait until the budget is passed"
(d) "Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy"
3. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
(a) Donkeys and Elephants
(b) Rats and Pigs
(c) Goats and Rabbits
(d) Hares and Turtles
4. Who did Truman choose to accompany him to meet the train bearing Roosevelt's body?
(a) Bess and Margaret Truman
(b) No one. He stood alone.
(c) Jimmy Byrnes and Henry Wallace
(d) Eleanor and Teddy Roosevelt
5. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City?
(a) Harry Truman forced them to move for his political ambition
(b) John Truman left the family to join the war
(c) John Truman has lost the family business and property due to bad investments in wheat futures
(d) The Truman family were asked to leave town
6. Which country becomes a focal point of disagreement between USA and the Soviets?
7. Which of Roosevelt's policies did Truman support the most enthusiastically?
(a) The New Deal
(b) The Old Deal
(c) The X-Files
(d) The Pentagon Papers
8. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
(a) Newspaper route
(b) Bicycle courier for a bank in Kansas City
(c) Sweeping, dusting and cleaning at Clinton's Drugstore in Independence
(d) Cleaning and painting houses in his neighborhood
9. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Good grammar
(b) Good penmanship
(c) Finding the correct pen
(d) Good spelling
10. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
11. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Freemasonry or the Masons
(b) Ku Klux Klan
(c) Rainbow Girls
(d) Boy Scouts
12. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
(a) His family farm was sold at auction while he was at the Democratic Convention.
(b) His womanizing became known by the public
(c) His gambling addiction was exposed
(d) His wife divorced him and took the child
13. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
(a) Woodrow Wilson
(b) John F. Kennedy
(c) Harry S Truman
(d) Franklin Roosevelt
14. What pivotal event occurred on December 7, 1941?
(a) Japan bombed the USA Fleet at Pearl Harbor
(b) Germany surrendered
(c) Margaret Truman was born
(d) President Roosevelt died
15. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
(c) Local country club
(d) Ku Klux Klan
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Democratic party decide to place Truman as Vice President on their ticket?
2. What is cost-plus construction?
3. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
4. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
5. What was General Order Number 11?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)