|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
(a) Shoe Sales
(d) Oil & Refining
2. Which of Roosevelt's policies did Truman support the most enthusiastically?
(a) The X-Files
(b) The Pentagon Papers
(c) The Old Deal
(d) The New Deal
3. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
(a) 20 lbs
(b) 50 lbs
(c) 2 lbs
4. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
(a) Bombing the Japanese home cities
(b) Entering WWI
(c) Entering WWII
(d) The attempt to increase the number of Supreme Court Justices
5. How old was Harry Truman when he arrived in Washington D.C. to assume his duties as a Senator?
6. What pet name did Truman have for Bess?
(a) Sweetie Pie
(b) The Old Bat
(c) The Boss or Madam
(d) Her Highness
7. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Martha Ellen Truman
(c) Bess Truman
(d) John Truman
8. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
(b) Truman's mother
(d) Bess's Mother
9. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
(c) Local country club
(d) Ku Klux Klan
10. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meeting with the other captains
(b) Wearing the uniform
(c) Writing reports to command
(d) Meting out discipline to his troops.
11. What is cost-plus construction?
(a) Avoiding taxes on construction workers
(b) Contractor is paid for all costs plus a fixed percentage profit
(c) The method of paying contractors for work done
(d) Construction that costs more than originally estimated.
12. What essential materials were in short supply as America prepared for war?
(a) lead, coal, limestone and rock
(b) computers, cell phones and i-pods
(c) steel, latex, and plutonium
(d) Aluminum, copper, zinc and rubber
13. President Roosevelt made a radio speech to America at the beginning of Germany's attack on England, and the speech was subsequently referred to as what?
(a) The Arsenal for Democracy Speech
(b) The Fear Speech
(c) The Arsenal for Money Speech
(d) The Speech of Omission
14. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(c) Interstate Highway
15. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
(a) Western Pennsylvania
(b) Western Missouri
(d) Southern Georgia
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of equality did Truman support for Negroes?
2. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
4. What was the name of Roosevelt's beloved dog?
5. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)