1. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
2. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
3. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
Queen City of the Trails
4. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
5. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
6. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
7. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
Through Jim Crow Chiles
This section contains 4,930 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)